So who are acting like Nazis? - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 05:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: So who are acting like Nazis?

Kirk - as usual twisting words and assumptions. What I am saying and wondering is - "Why do you think that Jews in America are not liked by non Jews, and why throughout the world is anti-semitism on the upswing. I know of no non Jew who has anything kind to say about the Jewish people in the U.S. Not even one. Why do you think this is?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 05:56 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2004

Quote:
MRTIKKET - 10/23/2004 7:42 PM

Kirk - as usual twisting words and assumptions. What I am saying and wondering is - "Why do you think that Jews in America are not liked by non Jews, and why throughout the world is anti-semitism on the upswing. I know of no non Jew who has anything kind to say about the Jewish people in the U.S. Not even one. Why do you think this is?"
Un Freaking Belivable

wait, actually not surprising at all.

Forum killa

You have been banned for the following reason:
insulting mod

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #23 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 06:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

The greatest supporters of Jewish Israel aside from Jews, are fundamentalist Christians in the USA. They also tend to vote conservative local US politics. Its a funny convergence that brings Jewish Americans, mostly left-liberal, and fundamentalist Christians to common support of Israel. In almost every other respect, these two groups have very little in common and ample reason (at least for Jews) to distrust and even loath the fundamentalists for historic reasons.

The Jewish people have a long memory of oppression from Christian zealots. IMO, they haven't fully grasped the relatively new fundamentalist phenomenon, a New Testement Biblical interpretation, that absolutely requires a Jewish return to Israel before Jesus' return. This means that these Christians must support a Jewish state in Israel.

To fundamentalist Christians, the Jews in Israel can do practically anything necessary to protect the Jewish state. They are every bit as committed to that support as was Meir Kahane or the various wacko Jewish settlers in contested Palestine. This unswerving support of Israel by conservative Christians is causing some strange reallignments in the Republicans and the Democrats.

Historically, the fundamentalist Christians were strong Democrats. Many of my family that fit that description still are. They will probably vote for Kerry not because they like him or hate Bush, but because they cannot vote Republican. But at the same time, they are deeply conflicted by what they see as Democratic insoucience concerning Israel while the Republicans apparently buy anything that Sharon says.

IMO, we are at the post-beginning of a widening split among Jewish voters, deeply conflicted, too. I think the split actually began under Reagan.

It will be interesting to see the demographics of the coming election.
post #24 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 07:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Man, Mr B, move that family of yours to texas. If you could find a fundamentalist democrat in Texas, it would be like finding a ruby at the bottom of your birdcage while you were cleaning it. Those relatives of yours are pretty rare.

The far right of Israel, who are now in power, is becoming aligned with the far right in the US. I know a few liberal Jews who are not exactly crazy that this is happening, and they see it as an impediment to peace. Sharon and Arafat have turned the whole place into a blood bath, and quite frankly, the US Christians that support Sharon are whacked out religious nuts who are hoping that they are doing something to hasten the Apocalypse. Who knows what is going to come out of that weird mess. The weirdest thing about it, is that Revelation says all those Jews are going to be thrown in the fires of hell when Jesus gets back. Its all just total weirdness. The right wing Jews, you have been winning a running bet for 2,000 years that Jesus ain't going to make it, are just using these people to help them crap on the Palestinians, which is helping our enemies in Iraq. These same people are also Bush's greatest supporters at the polls. Like all of Bushland, its just one great big freaking mess.

post #25 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 08:27 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 1989 420sel

Quote:
kvining - 10/23/2004 2:20 PM

How many Republicans have been arrested at Kerry rallies for wearing a Bush Tshirt? How many mothers of dead soldiers have been arrested at Kerry rallies? I could make you a list half a page long
Just curious - How much money would it take for you to walk into a union manufacturing plant and tell everyone that you support Bush? Catch them at break-time, while they are all together. Yell it loud and strong. Tell them Kerry's an idiot.

How much? Remember, you'll have to take hospital expenses into consideration.

Now do the opposite in a general office environment - tell them Bush is whack. I'm sure the worst you have to endure is the discussion of your views...

Tell me this would never happen... [:p]

91 BMW 325i Cabrio - "Tasha"
89 MB 420sel - "Helga"
post #26 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 09:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Ron, I think if you are White in the upper socio-economic tier of the U.S. populace, you really tend to develop an irritation with minorities and recent immigrants. Their culture infiltrates my lifw in trivial ways, but no less irritating.

Case in point. Tonight as the World Series got underway, one of the 1st commercials was for Chevy trucks. The entire commercial including the narrative was in Spanish, with dancing cartoon lowriders. What the hell is with that? The person who gave that the go-ahead should be dragged out of his home and shot in the head.
post #27 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 09:09 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Wow, it just keeps getting better and better. Jews and immigrents.

Forum killa

You have been banned for the following reason:
insulting mod

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #28 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 09:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
jamminjames - 10/23/2004 10:27 PM

Quote:
kvining - 10/23/2004 2:20 PM

How many Republicans have been arrested at Kerry rallies for wearing a Bush Tshirt? How many mothers of dead soldiers have been arrested at Kerry rallies? I could make you a list half a page long
Just curious - How much money would it take for you to walk into a union manufacturing plant and tell everyone that you support Bush? Catch them at break-time, while they are all together. Yell it loud and strong. Tell them Kerry's an idiot.

How much? Remember, you'll have to take hospital expenses into consideration.

Now do the opposite in a general office environment - tell them Bush is whack. I'm sure the worst you have to endure is the discussion of your views...

Tell me this would never happen... [:p]
I think you are sadly mistaken about the world we live in, and have been brainwashed into a paranoid stupor. I doubt if I would get much more than a few pained looks.

post #29 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 09:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2004
Vehicle: 1990 300SE
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to danwatt

Quote:
MRTIKKET - 10/23/2004 8:02 PM

Ron, I think if you are White in the upper socio-economic tier of the U.S. populace, you really tend to develop an irritation with minorities and recent immigrants. Their culture infiltrates my lifw in trivial ways, but no less irritating.

Case in point. Tonight as the World Series got underway, one of the 1st commercials was for Chevy trucks. The entire commercial including the narrative was in Spanish, with dancing cartoon lowriders. What the hell is with that? The person who gave that the go-ahead should be dragged out of his home and shot in the head.
If you don't like it, move to another country.

Oh who knows how long I've been waiting to use that line.
post #30 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 09:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Dannwatt- The commercial was absurd, and so is your viewpoint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in