Kerry's most embarrassing moment....... - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 09:21 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
RE: Kerry's most embarrassing moment.......

Koop -- you sound somewhat ambivalent -- are you sure about this? [:D]

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 10:04 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

She can't run, she's unelectable. There is no one walking the planet right now, Osama Bin Laden included, who makes the republicans more nuts.

If Kerry, who is relatively inoffensive, can't get those conservative leaning swing voters against the worst president of our lifetime, how the heck is Clinton going to get any.

Not to mention that she's a woman. Lots of people won't vote for a woman. As a general rule of thumb, women don't trust women and men aren't going to view her as a strong leader. Again, if decorated vietnam vet Kerry loses the "strong leader" poll to Bush, what chance does she have.

And she will lose a lot of votes from people like myself who just don't want to put up with the 4 year smear campaign that is sure to follow her into office.

She didn't win by much in heavily dem NY, what other states will she win? CA, maybe a couple small northeastern states, she gets swept in the south and midwest/west.

It's just a republican fantasy.

That being said, it's politics, who knows.

Forum killa

You have been banned for the following reason:
insulting mod

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 10:12 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

I agree -- I don't see her as a viable copilot candidate let alone pilot. I think she's pretty much crested right now...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 11:16 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Of course, the question arises - who else do they have? Gore? Dean? Clark? Edwards? All of them have baggage too.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 11:48 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Evan Bayh. but it may have to be in 2012. he has a couple little kids but i see his name way more.. and he avoided the VP appointment like it was fire...

don't underestimate billary political machine just yet. she is one of the smartest folks out there and i have a feeling she isn't done yet...

Gulianni will probably run but he kinda rubs me wrong.

given some more time Powell could make a strong showing. if we aren't ready for a woman to be a prez i just don't see a colored man being one yet... even though you guys say he is soiled i think he showed two very important things. he is very loyal and he actually has some freakin sense. he is more of a diplomat than a leader though...

even in the republican bastion called indiana (what a joke, meaning land of indians and 0 recogised tribes) both gubernatorial candidates are sporting females as their lieutenants....

as the song goes.."times a'chanign'"...

in political asylum
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 12:01 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

I think we go back to the standard model of a governer from a key state, maybe Richardson from NM?

Governers are easier than Senators because no voting record to distort.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see someone outside of the traditional feeding pool get a shot. Someone from buisness or maybe an ambassador or former cabinet member.

Ever since Bork the trend in government is to shy away from anyone with a record.

Forum killa

You have been banned for the following reason:
insulting mod

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 12:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I look at Powell this way - "he lied at the UN about WMDs" is what your going to hear if he runs, and four years from now Iraq is going to be viewed as a total disaster. Its like Dean and his scream - he's never going to wash that off, because its on film. He's dead.

Guilani is the guy to watch - he has no Iraq connections other than as a faithful cheerleader, he is a heroic figure, and he is also one hell of a smart guy, who is instantly likeable. He's a Republican Clinton. McCain wouldn't have a chance against him, because Ruddy's 9-11 heroics trump McCain's Nam heroics, and Ruddy is just plain smarter then John. Ahnold is the only guy who could beat Ruddy, and he can't run. At the same time, the Republican power brokers are starting to realize that the Religous Right Train is a dead end. They need a liberal like Ruddy to bring in the gays, the women, the blacks and the Hispanics who are turned off by the Bible Belt crowd if they ae going to stay the majority party.

Evan whats-his-name better start getting some name recognition. I just see him as another Edwards type.

I like koops idea of going outside the party or getting a governor. Just no names come to mind.

post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 12:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Bayh is being groomed brah. give it time. no need to stick head out of the car just yet...you'll see. He easily was a 2 term dem gov in republican state.. he is just a leftist republican..[:)] he maybe perceived as somewhat weak but his record is pretty clean and he has been asserting his power slowly and dillegently. Lugar has him under his wing...

in political asylum
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 12:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
kvining - 10/22/2004 1:04 PM

I look at Powell this way - "he lied at the UN about WMDs" is what your going to hear if he runs, and four years from now Iraq is going to be viewed as a total disaster. Its like Dean and his scream - he's never going to wash that off, because its on film. He's dead.

dean is screwed but powell can still come up smelling rosy. there are also tapes of him admitting to making mistakes and he can probably play off the UN thing by saying he was told to say that. don't shoot the messanger kinda thing...

in political asylum
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 89 300E
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
JimSmith - 10/21/2004 10:19 PM

You must really like Hilary. I was not that impressed, but if she ever runs I think Colin would be lucky to get the nod to be her VP. After being relegated to the Bush and Cheney doormat in the UN and around the world, and accepting the role without a wimper, he will be hard pressed to amount to much of a world leader. I doubt anyone thinks he is much more than a messenger. Jim
Tim, just for your info, "vs" means "versus", which means they would be opponents, not on the same ticket. [:)]

"The above post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Cap'n Carageous nor this forum. It may be presented as an attempt at humor or as a quote or paraphrase from another author. Any feelings hurt by this post are the responsibility of the reader. No animals were harmed in the making of this post." Member F.D.I.C. Tax tag and title extra.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in