Name calling of our service personal has started - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 01:21 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Name calling of our service personal has started

I really hate to say this, but.... Most of the young recruits in the service today are aimless idiots, who were working at Burger King yesterday. Alot of young losers. They all look great dressed like soldiers, but we have to remember that most are young, immature idiots. People that you wouldn't want in your car or your home. It's not like they are getting the majority from Dartmouth, or undergrad Oberliners, for that matter. I have lost several Marine friends in this war already. They don't fit that mold, but an awful lot are coming to you from the 7-11'S of West Virginia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 06:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
JimSmith - 10/19/2004 3:03 AM

Now that you mention it Kirk, you are probably right. But I think it can happen. There are all kinds of tactless men who can be inspired to be especially tactless ...
Tactless men? You're joking.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 08:40 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

I've seen and heard nothing negative directed toward our young men and women fighting in this conflict, despite the fact that half the country is vehemently opposed to the actions of their commander in chief. Do you recall the public reaction to the news of Pat Tillman's demise? Opposition to the war doesn't translate into disrespect for these kids, who are merely doing their job by serving their country.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 10:19 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
guage - 10/19/2004 11:17 AM

I for one would be more than happy to take the gloves off.
Lighten up Francis.

Sounds like BS to me also. A bunch of 40 year olds hurling insults out of their Camry?

And even if it is true what is it indicitive of? That somewhere in America some loudmouth is trying to pick a fight? And he doesn't even have his own talk show?

Forum killa

You have been banned for the following reason:
insulting mod

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 10:29 AM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Quote:
Lighten up Francis.

Sounds like BS to me also. A bunch of 40 year olds hurling insults out of their Camry?
How ironic
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 10:41 AM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

I guess the believable stuff on this site is
copied & pasted, so here is just one example

Decorated Soldier Reportedly Attacked At Concert
Barton Cannot Return To Iraq Due To Injuries

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A local soldier back from the war in Iraq said he was beaten at an area concert because of what was printed on his T-shirt, NBC 4's Nancy Burton reported.

Foster Barton, 19, of Grove City, received a Purple Heart for his military service in Iraq. He almost lost his leg last month after a Humvee he was riding in ran over a landmine.

Barton said he was injured again Friday night in a crowded parking lot as he was leaving the Toby Keith concert at Germain Amphitheatre. The solider was injured so badly that he can't go back to Iraq as scheduled.

"I don't remember getting hit at all, really," said Barton, a member of the 1st Calvary Division. "He hit me in the back of the head. I fell and hit the ground. I was knocked unconscious and he continued to punch and kick me on the ground."

Barton and his family said he was beat up because he was wearing an Iraqi freedom T-shirt.

"It's not our fault," Barton said. "I'm just doing a job."

According to a Columbus police report, six witnesses who didn't know Barton said the person who beat him up was screaming profanities and making crude remarks about U.S. soldiers, Burton reported.

One witness, a friend of the alleged attacker, said Barton hit first. Police said they do not think that witness is credible since the six other witnesses said Barton was hit from behind.

Barton's mother said she has a message for her son's alleged attacker, who police said ran into the crowd after the incident and was not arrested.

"He needs our prayers, just like the insurgents, because he's a coward," Cindy Barton said.

After a two-week leave, Barton was supposed to return to Iraq Tuesday. But his broken nose will delay his return.

Barton is waiting for doctors to tell him when he can return to active duty. He said wants to go back as soon as possible because his unit was just attacked. Eleven soldiers were wounded and two were killed, he said.

post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 10:53 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
guage - 10/19/2004 10:15 AM

Kvining
Quote:
Personally Jim, I think the story is made up. Most middle aged people don't go looking for a fist fight with soldiers. And it is so convenient they are middle-aged, you know, so they can be bad old hippies like us. The story sounds preposterous to me absent some kind of proof.
You really are full of you're self. I have refrained
from using foul or abusive language on this forum
in respect to the rules posted.
But as I read the topic's that have interest to me,
I find it very hard almost impossible not to stumble
across some snide or degrading comment that you seem
so fond of posting about other listers here. Once again
the bell rings true.
I also was a list member at MBshop though I seldom
ever posted, I found the same to be true on that site.
I pray for you Kvining, for you truly must be a very sick and lonely person.
But on the other hand I pray I never met you in person.
Some people speak or write better than others, some
people are better with their hands.
But most people don’t think they are better than others.
Let me guess - your mad because I make a really good case that you made this story up.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 10:55 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D

guage, it's sad that some of our military personnel must endure this. Try not to paint some of us here with your broad brush - we do not condone that behavior, as they most certainly do not deserve scorn or denigration.

I'm afraid this is what can happen when our leaders go to war without the support of the people. It's Bush and his administration that need to be taking the blame for this illegal, immoral boondoggle.

OBK #35

post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 10:57 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
guage - 10/19/2004 12:41 PM

I guess the believable stuff on this site is
copied & pasted, so here is just one example

Decorated Soldier Reportedly Attacked At Concert
Barton Cannot Return To Iraq Due To Injuries

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A local soldier back from the war in Iraq said he was beaten at an area concert because of what was printed on his T-shirt, NBC 4's Nancy Burton reported.

Foster Barton, 19, of Grove City, received a Purple Heart for his military service in Iraq. He almost lost his leg last month after a Humvee he was riding in ran over a landmine.

Barton said he was injured again Friday night in a crowded parking lot as he was leaving the Toby Keith concert at Germain Amphitheatre. The solider was injured so badly that he can't go back to Iraq as scheduled.

"I don't remember getting hit at all, really," said Barton, a member of the 1st Calvary Division. "He hit me in the back of the head. I fell and hit the ground. I was knocked unconscious and he continued to punch and kick me on the ground."

Barton and his family said he was beat up because he was wearing an Iraqi freedom T-shirt.

"It's not our fault," Barton said. "I'm just doing a job."

According to a Columbus police report, six witnesses who didn't know Barton said the person who beat him up was screaming profanities and making crude remarks about U.S. soldiers, Burton reported.

One witness, a friend of the alleged attacker, said Barton hit first. Police said they do not think that witness is credible since the six other witnesses said Barton was hit from behind.

Barton's mother said she has a message for her son's alleged attacker, who police said ran into the crowd after the incident and was not arrested.

"He needs our prayers, just like the insurgents, because he's a coward," Cindy Barton said.

After a two-week leave, Barton was supposed to return to Iraq Tuesday. But his broken nose will delay his return.

Barton is waiting for doctors to tell him when he can return to active duty. He said wants to go back as soon as possible because his unit was just attacked. Eleven soldiers were wounded and two were killed, he said.
At a Toby Keith concert? Come on. Again, we have a story with no proof, made up by some other nitwit with a political ax to grind.

post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2004, 11:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 2004 Lexus LS 430 Modern Luxury. 2012 Acura TSX (fun fun) Maybe MB again one day...
Quoted: 61 Post(s)

bah..."he said", "she said", "this guy I know"...."people say"......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in