Question on homosexuality asked at the debate - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

View Poll Results: Just wondering how people feel on this question asked at the debate. Myself, I think gays are born t
Homosexuals are gay by choice 1 4.00%
Homosexuals are born that way 10 40.00%
Some choose, most are born 5 20.00%
Most choose, some are born 9 36.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 12:11 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
RE: Question on homosexuality asked at the debate

Quote:
Rickg - 10/18/2004 11:00 AM

I made my vote, but I'll refrain form making any of you "sick" by expressing what it was[;)]

Why do you guys keep debating this issue anyway? The results are always the same. Is it just to justify your view by finding others that agree with you? If so, makes me think you aren't real confidant in your beliefs.[;)]
Well, start better topics that are near and dear to your heart. Suggestion: How to keep molten lava and volcanic ash off my Benz? (my answer: cover your hood with live cats). [:D]

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 12:21 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '84 SD
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

[:D]

Just hope you guys realize my comments like my last one are said with a wink and a nudge.[:D][;)]

Anyway, just to surprise some of you, I'll say that I voted that a few are born that way, but most are by choice. I'll give it to the arguement that there are a few "accidents of nature". But very few.
post #23 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

But that just brings up another question: Why would anyone choose to be a homosexual ? I can see choice possible in a sexual encounter of some sort, but to just one day and choose to become exclusively homsexual after being heterosexual? Who, outside of a prison cell, would do it and why? I just don't see it - I don't see the benefit or the reason for it, and choice is driven by those two things.
post #24 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 12:44 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2003
Vehicle: 300d, 409d

Quote:
kvining - 10/18/2004 2:35 PM

But that just brings up another question: Why would anyone choose to be a homosexual ? I can see choice possible in a sexual encounter of some sort, but to just one day and choose to become exclusively homsexual after being heterosexual? Who, outside of a prison cell, would do it and why? I just don't see it - I don't see the benefit or the reason for it, and choice is driven by those two things.
Actually, I can see a clear reason why being gay is appealing. By necessity, gay people will be an elite. People drawn to elitist philosophies like Nietscheanism reinforce their philosophical tendencies by sexual eliteness. A disproportionate number of intellectuals have been gay. Some gays I have known definitely approach their experience this way.
This says nothing one way or the other about whether homosexuality is right/wrong or caused by nature/nature, but elitist groups do have a certain kind of appeal, including the fact that their dislike by others is a benefit.
post #25 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 01:24 PM
BenzWorld Member

For me, it's kind of the same (only different) as becoming a pedophile. Why choose that? How is having sex with kids satisfying? It's easy to just sit and say how sick they are, but where do they come from? are the "experts" next going to try and pass that off as "being born that way"? Or is always going to be a sin of choice by society? And if so, why? If we're going to accept homosexuality as being "normal", how far are you going to take that? Polygamy isn't even in the same realm. It's still a form of heterosexuality in it's pure form. there's those that have involved pedophillia and incest into the formula, but they're a whole different breed again.
Where are you going to draw the line, and who'll decide what that line is? It's the Roman empire all over again.
post #26 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 01:34 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2003
Vehicle: 300d, 409d

Quote:
Rickg - 10/18/2004 3:24 PM

For me, it's kind of the same (only different) as becoming a pedophile. Why choose that? How is having sex with kids satisfying? It's easy to just sit and say how sick they are, but where do they come from? are the "experts" next going to try and pass that off as "being born that way"? Or is always going to be a sin of choice by society? And if so, why? If we're going to accept homosexuality as being "normal", how far are you going to take that? Polygamy isn't even in the same realm. It's still a form of heterosexuality in it's pure form. there's those that have involved pedophillia and incest into the formula, but they're a whole different breed again.
Where are you going to draw the line, and who'll decide what that line is? It's the Roman empire all over again.
The line is simple--consent.
post #27 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 02:07 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: '85 300TD

Quote:
kvining - 10/18/2004 2:35 PM

ancient chinese secret:
just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there.

I think that there is a spectrum of sexuality to which all humans fall along somewhere. tendancies, attractions, etc. are by degree from zero up, and I'd guess many more than admit it fall towards the middle. Society colors our vision here: In 100 years will homophobia be considered just as stupid as racism is considered today vs. 100 years ago? Will gay marriage be as much of a non-issue as womens sufferage is today? I think our society has a long way to go.

'85 300TD Pastel Beige
361,500 miles and counting
post #28 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 02:38 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 2006 E55, 2005 SLK55, a few others

I don't think that someone would "decide" something like that, or be capable of that decision. For that reason, I would say that it's genetic (like a birth defect), a malfunction of some sort. The ridiculous premise that "if you're screwed over by the opposite sex enough" making that lifestyle appealing and changes your sexuality just doesn't hold water. Hetero's, think about it. Is there anything you can imagine that would change your view or attract you to the same sex? I think not. Homosexuals many times do not "come out" until they can no longer ignore what their minds and bodies are telling them. The choice was made for them before birth.
post #29 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 02:54 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
kerry edwards - 10/18/2004 12:34 PM

The line is simple--consent.
Give 'em time. That'll be argued away too.
How about our very own school teacher here, Mary Kay what's-her-name? Followed that at all? There wasn't exactly a whole lot of reluctanve going on with the young man she had sex with.
post #30 of 58 (permalink) Old 10-18-2004, 02:56 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Fast55 - 10/18/2004 1:38 PM
Homosexuals many times do not "come out" until they can no longer ignore what their minds and bodies are telling them. The choice was made for them before birth.
Sounds like the same excuse as serial killers use.
"I can't help myself!"

Aw well. I'll step out here. All you're arguements sound just as lame to me as I'm sure mine do to you. Have fun.[^]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in