post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: 1986 560 SEC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Good one, Ann...

During the second presidential debate, John Kerry said: "I ask each of you just to look into your hearts, look into your guts. Gut-check time. Was this really going to war as a last resort?"

How about this for "gut-check time": When you close your eyes, can you see the Democrats defending America? Because I can't see it.

These are the people who are obsessed with getting the French to like us. They call terrorism a "nuisance," like prostitution and other petty crimes. ("Hundreds of Children Killed in Chechnya by Nuisance," "British Civilian Beheaded by Annoyance," "9-11: What a Hassle!") They babble about nonexistent civil liberties violations under the Patriot Act.

If Gore had been elected president, right now he would just be finding that last lesbian quadriplegic for the Special Forces team.

During the second presidential debate, Kerry droned on about the civil liberties crisis in America under the Patriot Act (which he voted for). He claimed to have "met a man who spent eight months in prison, wasn't even allowed to call his lawyer, wasn't allowed to get – finally, Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois intervened and was able to get him out."

Pity he didn't meet Abdullah Mehsud, a guy who spent two years in Guantanamo before being released and is now in Pakistan strapping dynamite to Chinese hostages.

Bush said he had met a man, too: "Grant Milliron, Mansfield, Ohio. He's creating jobs." Which one of these candidates is more likely to put the wood to the terrorists?

Kerry explained his "plan" to prevent terrorists from getting nukes, saying, "We've got to join with the British and the French, with the Germans, who've been involved, in their initiative." (This guy's got more plans than MCI.) We may lose the war on terrorism, but by God we'll get the Europeans to like us!

Kerry told the New York Times he could "do a better job" in the war on terror – which Kerry adviser Richard Holbrooke says is not a war at all, but a metaphor ("Thousands Die in Attack by Metaphor").

He would do a better job, Kerry said, "most importantly – and I mean most importantly – of restoring America's reputation as a country that listens, is sensitive, brings people to our side, is the seeker of peace, not war, and that uses our high moral ground and high-level values to augment us in the war on terror, not to diminish us."

Imagine President John Kerry at the Berlin Wall. "Mr. Gorbachev ... I challenge you to get to an emotional place where you can imagine a different kind of non-wall reality, that fully respects the 'wallness' of your current reality, yet takes us on a spiritual journey in which ..."

Republicans are more simple-minded, but for some things you want to be a little less contemplative, a little less nuanced. In a war against rabid savages trying to nuke Manhattan, you want a policy more along the lines of: Kill 'em! Republicans will shoot burn and bury the terrorists. Kerry will give them a speech.

In his convention speech in August, Kerry's idea for the terrorists was this: We'll give them a faux-WASP, stentorian honker of a speech. Striking fear in the hearts of Islamic lunatics everywhere, Kerry said he would say this to the terrorists: "You will lose and we will win. The future doesn't belong to fear; it belongs to freedom." (Kerry's speechwriters are now throwing key words like "future" and "freedom" together in various combinations in hopes of stumbling upon something the senator actually believes in just by random chance.)

Yes, that's how to capture terrorists: Put them to sleep with a long boring speech. Osama bin Laden would escape before the speech is complete. Only a liberal would imagine this is what you say to a terrorist in his moment of fear and dread. Who does Kerry imagine will be giving this speech exactly? Kevin Kline? How about the Marine who catches bin Laden's associates saying something along the lines of, "Hey, dirtbag!" before smacking them across the face with a rifle butt?

(If Israel plays its cards right, perhaps Kerry would even draft a speech for them to give suicide bombers: "You will lose and we will win. The future doesn't belong to fear; it belongs to freedom," blah blah blah.)

Better yet, let's use a Kerry speech to torture them into revealing where and when their next attack will be! Ten minutes of that snoozefest convention speech would have the most hardened Islamic fanatic begging for mercy and spilling his guts. Now, that's my idea of a "gut check."

As if it means something, Kerry keeps vowing: "I will never stop at anything to hunt down and kill the terrorists." But he will stop at the Iraqi border. Or if the French and Germans aren't on board. Or we don't have United Nations approval. Or it would require investigating a Muslim under the Patriot Act.

Ann Coulter

www.anncoulter.org

New Betty: 1982 300TD 58,000 miles

Old Betty: 1983 300TD 315,000 miles, RIP

1986 560 SEC RIP
1984 500SEL RIP
2000 ML350 ugh

.::.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 01:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Good one, Ann...

Ann Coulter give me the willies, not the democrats.

OBK #35

post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 01:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 2004 Lexus LS 430 Modern Luxury. 2012 Acura TSX (fun fun) Maybe MB again one day...
Quoted: 61 Post(s)

I can't think of somebody who is more hateful, or who I dislike more than Ann Coulter. There are a few websites out there that shred her 'books' she has written. Even republicans dislike this woman.
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: 1986 560 SEC
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

How about Molly Ivins?

...she's probably pretty good, huh?

At least Coulter is attractive and is not a fat, shrieking cow.

But, hey, that's political opinion for you.

e.

New Betty: 1982 300TD 58,000 miles

Old Betty: 1983 300TD 315,000 miles, RIP

1986 560 SEC RIP
1984 500SEL RIP
2000 ML350 ugh

.::.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 01:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

She got fired from the National Review, the most conservative of conservative magazines for advocating that Muslims who do not convert to Christianity be killed. The women is a Nazi nut job. I tried to read a couple of her books and found her simply incoherent. There are rumors that Richard Scaife, Paraniod-Billionaire-In-Chief of the right wing movement is a big fan of hers, and when her books come out he buys enough copies to get her on the best seller list and then has them shread, and that this is the basis of her career as a "Best selling author". I challenge anyone to go to a bookstore, pull one of her books off the shelf and read it, and then tell me if you would spend money on it. Her writing style is easy to describe, she distorts a comment or stand made by her target, and then twists into a conclusion dripping with malice:

"These are the people who are obsessed with getting the French to like us. They call terrorism a "nuisance," like prostitution and other petty crimes. ("Hundreds of Children Killed in Chechnya by Nuisance," "British Civilian Beheaded by Annoyance," "9-11: What a Hassle!") "

In the above statement, she makes two assertions:

1) These are the people who are obsessed with getting the French to like us. (There is no proof of this given, and I certainly have not seen anything like it - I have heard a call for us to restore diplomacy to its role)

2) They call terrorism a "nuisance". (This is simply not true, and is a distortion of the first magnitude. Kerry stated that terrorism needs to be defeated to the point it becomes a nuisance. Bush said pretty much the same thing two weeks before. Kerry has never equated the current al-Queda threat to the word "nusiance", but she is in effect claiming he did, which is in fact a lie, a hallmark of her technique.

She then concludes with a sarcistic, malicious statement, based on these false assertions:

("Hundreds of Children Killed in Chechnya by Nuisance," "British Civilian Beheaded by Annoyance," "9-11: What a Hassle!")

You can perform that exact same analysis on anything she writes. for example:

Kerry explained his "plan" to prevent terrorists from getting nukes, saying, "We've got to join with the British and the French, with the Germans, who've been involved, in their initiative." (This guy's got more plans than MCI.) We may lose the war on terrorism, but by God we'll get the Europeans to like us!

In the above, she makes the asseration again that the purpose of foreign policy is to get people to "like" us, even if it means losing the war on terror. Again we have a conclusion drawn from a distorted or false premise. Do it your self. Its easy to disassemble her writing. It is full of arguments that are designed to appeal to simpletons.

post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 01:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Attached Images

in political asylum
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 01:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
mzsmbs - 10/14/2004 3:32 PM
Yep, and she could wear her armband, too.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 01:50 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2004
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Who the hell is Molly Ivins.

I've heard of Coulter (loony chick) but none of this Ivins woman. I guess we should believe this right wing loony because there exists a left wing loony somewhere and she's not as attractive? Makes a lot of sense to me.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 02:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2004
Vehicle: 1990 300SE
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to danwatt

If there is one person I wouldn't mind stabbing in the face repeatedly, it would be Ann Coulter.
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 02:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
That Guy 73 - 10/14/2004 3:50 PM

Who the hell is Molly Ivins.

I've heard of Coulter (loony chick) but none of this Ivins woman. I guess we should believe this right wing loony because there exists a left wing loony somewhere and she's not as attractive? Makes a lot of sense to me.
Molly Ivens is a brilliantly funny and insightful. She is somewhat leftie, but really not much. She is overly branded as a leftie by Righties who hate being skewered by the silver pen. She has a sense of humor reminiscent of Ann Richards. Molly is very critical or any Bushite, or entrenched conservative groups. She is worth reading becuase she has a keen mind and sharp wit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in