BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1986 300SDL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: DOW < 10k

Quote:
Scienceisreligion - 10/15/2004 10:13 PM

The dow? We thought it would be over 20 at one time didnt we! LOL.
If Bush gets re-elected it will end up around 20(dollars). Or to quote one of my co-workers we'll all be hundredaires!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 09:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
LK ONE - 10/15/2004 10:11 PM

Whad'ya mean? Everybody in Texas thinks like Kirk.
Actually, people who think like me live in small enclaves in Houston and pretty much in the whole city of Austin. Otherwise, they fall into three broad classes: redneck as hell, poor as hell or me no speakee the English, senor.

post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-15-2004, 09:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
mzsmbs - 10/15/2004 2:11 AM

Quote:
GermanStar - 10/14/2004 11:45 PM

Quote:
mzsmbs - 10/14/2004 9:40 PM

i can't afford your prices... plus it's freakin' hot... I like cold and snow... aaaah Great Lakes..
Lived in Chicago for many years -- I know the weather, believe me. Call me a wimp -- I couldn't hack it any more...
Quote:
KV -
Houses here are cheap, but breathing the air here is like taking a shower at Aucshwitz. It never gets cold, though!
I love Chicago but the wind, oh it can be brutal...I am lucky i live just out of the lake effect area... but flat and wind and snow can be bad, vary bad... and then there are those dreaded ice storms...[xx(] unfortuantly humidity is still high for my liking...

As to Huston/Aushwitz, there is this little town called Gary IN. ever heard of it? just breathing air there is like smoking a pack of camels a day... I drive as fast as possible whenever i am in the vecinity...

and as above, i coulnd't handle the "soup" down in TX. and then there is the whole cowboy thing.. it just may be worse then the redneckedness...

[:)]
Dude, I don't know much about Gary, but Houston holds the honor of having the worst air pollution in the US. Every once and a while, LA knocks us out of first place on ozone and car exhaust, but we got everybody hands down on just a nasty general mix of hydrocarbon compounds with things in it that the guys who rate carcinogens haven't even heard of yet. We bottle the air here, and sell it in Vermont as insecticide. Whatever Gary's doing, they haven't even made the list we are on.

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 06:04 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to JENTAY

does anyone remember Harry Dent? The author of the book THE GREAT BOOM AHEAD?
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 10:03 AM
BenzWorld Elite

The last time I saw him they were interviewing him CNBC, and I kid you not, everyone around the interview table laughed him out of the place.

Oil is the achilles heel. If you work the numbers, the rising price of oil becomes the brake on the ability of the economy to grow to its full potential - not only for the one obvious reason - because of the huge outflow of capital - but a second reason as well - we are trapped in a vicious circle where we buy the money back from the Saudis as debt - the Saudis have to do something with all that money, and one of the things they do is buy our government debt. So we pay for the gas twice - once at the pump, and then thru taxes to pay the interest on the debt, and again that money leaves the country. (Now you know why even tho 19 of the 9-11 hijackers were Saudi, they essentially got a free pass on the deal. We have given a few nasty little oil fascists the power to wreck our economy.) This is simply not the basis for a strong economy. It is simply an economy that will work for awhile, until something gives. If one were to describe out current economic model it would be "The Heroin Addict Economic Model", and as we go on, we will continue to act out the downward spiral of the junkie until we hit bottom.

The secret to ending this cycle is energy independence and control of government spending. If the money we waste on fuel was available for other purposes, we would all have a better life, and an economic model that was not based on procuring heroin would allow us one where the money was directed to continual technical development. This is going to require leadership that we currently have not had and may never have, because both sides have to give. The Democrats have to end their opposition to nuclear power and the Republicans have got to accept higher taxes to pay for this government's spending and to finance massive programs to build alternative power sources. Both parties have to stop spending so dman much public money on stupid crap. A massive program to become energy independent will result in large investments in new technolgy, from which will come side benefits, it will also gives us a sense of national purpose not based on "supporting our troops" in massacring people for oil, and it will result in an economy that produces wealth instead of debt. If continue down the road we are currently pursuing, the only economic sector that will increase is military spending.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in