BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 1989 420sel
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Documents indicate Iraqi threat

Quote:
kvining - 10/13/2004 5:43 PM

Your justification for the mass murder of tens of thousands of people, because they "might" be a threat to us some day, is despicable. Hitler could have used you for his propaganda work.
It's very convienent that you've forgotten about the thousands of Iraqies found in mass graves as a result of that "silly Saddam". Yeah, your right - he was harmless...

Never mind that since "silly Saddam" could do that to his own people... He would never even think about doing it to other nation's people, especially one's he hated.

Real common-sense there, boys...

But keep trying.

91 BMW 325i Cabrio - "Tasha"
89 MB 420sel - "Helga"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 08:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2004
Vehicle: 1990 300SE
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to danwatt

In that case, why do we just stand by people in other nations all over the world are being killed? Why Iraq?
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Some folks don't quite get the difference between a reason and an excuse.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 08:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130

how'bout Darfur?

in political asylum
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Are you promoting a US go-it-alone adventure in Darfur? Heck, there's even oil involved. This could be great!
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
JimSmith - 10/13/2004 7:53 PM

Quote:
Botnst - 10/13/2004 6:08 PM

The conclusion that many of us have reached is that its better to take-out a malignant, murderous BMF when he's weak and planning threats rather than wait until he is strong and an actual.

This is why its called, "pre-emption" rather than "reaction".

I'd rather pre-empt and be thought beligerent than react after 3,000 innocent Americans die from lack of pre-emption.

BTW, anybody notice than millions of Afghans voted for the first time in their history? There are some people who think that tribal people cannot learn democracy in a single step. hard to imagine being such a bigot as to think people cannot learn democracy.
Bot, would taking out Saddam on 9/10 have prevented 9/11? If not, and I don't see how it could have, I fail to see the logic of how another preemtive strike on some incapable, loudmouthed vermin will prevent the next significant loss of innocent American lives. Just being a beligerent bully, preemtively attacking anyone our cowboy mentality administration puts a black hat on is not going to make America safer.

The logic expressed above, namely that when the data you have is inconclusive you have to seek conclusive data before attacking another country, makes much better sense. If this means we have to fix our intelligence gathering and interpretting skills we better get on the task and forget the idea of attacking more countries with faulty data because that is easier. Won't be long before we don't have what it takes to defend ourselves when a real threat emerges from a quarter we haven't been looking in because we were preoccupied with deposing random guys we painted black hats on. Jim
Axis of Evil.

Saddam had manufactured and used WMD many times.

Disassemble the axis one part at a time. Take the easiest first.

Saddam had atacked and invaded other countries.

Saddam had shielded and supported terrorism.

Saddam failed to live-up to his agreements.

There was documentary evidence of Saddams perfidity and malevolence.

That's enough for me but not enough for you.

Is this a new thing? No.

We are all using the same old tired-assed arguments, like riding a carousel horse hoping to head-em off at the pass and never getting there.

So, what chance do the Saints have for the superbowl this year?

B
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 09:35 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Botnst - 10/14/2004 7:44 AM

Are you promoting a US go-it-alone adventure in Darfur? Heck, there's even oil involved. This could be great!
to me it doesn't matter if US goes at it alone. if anybody else wants to help, great, but this compassionate nation needs to show it's compassion. if we went to Irq to liberate the peeps from Sad then we should be in Darfur to stop the killing. by not getting involved we show the world our real color, or wolf coat it you'd like...

in political asylum
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 09:37 AM
BenzWorld Elite

as to axis of evil: are you really saying we should be militarily taking on Iran and Korea in the nearest future?
I sure hope not. we need to finish the first couple of jobs first...and we missed a golden op to take on N korea. i think it's a bit late now. they could raise LA...

in political asylum
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

It would be a waste of resources to use the same tool for all problems. NK has nukes--nobody wants to send ground forces into that hell. So we use the multilateral negotiations which include neighbors who have a big stake in a stable NK.

Incedentally, Kerry's thinking on that eludes me.

For forty years we used multilateral negotiations to maintain a remarkably stable ceasefire. Clinton authorized Carter to try a new paradigm in our relationship--I think Clinton did the right right thing--it was bold, given the NK extremely erratic track record, but needed to be tried. Carter negotiated a fair agreement, declared peace in our time, and Clinton & Bush lived-up to our end of it. Well, NK immediately chated and hid the cheat until Bush finally could no longer ignore it, given the mounting evidence that they were constructing at least one nukular weapon.

So here we have actually tested evidence that bilateralism fails with NK and that multilateralism succeeds but Kerry wants to go back and try another Jimmy Carter approach. WTF is that?

Concerning Iran, the best possible thing we could do with Iran is not muck around in their politics. The current regime has built-in instability due to its failure to bring moderation of young people into its Islamist vision of heaven on Earth. As the leadership ages and passes to the delights of teh afterlife, instability will increase. But if we screw aroudn with their politcis it will bring Iran together in the same way that another attack by Al Queda would reunite the USA. We don't want that.

Instead, lets help them build a secular society. That's the great Satan working his mischief.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in