Please Consider My Experience When Voting In 2004 - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 07:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Please Consider My Experience When Voting In 2004

It’s not the President’s fault his resume looks rather skimpy and unimpressive; or I should say it’s not his fault his record has become an issue. For the Republican party bosses in 1999/2000 George W. Bush was the perfect candidate for a Whig Republican president: stay quietly in the Oval Office, do nothing – let the Republican Congress run the country. The plan worked well until 9/11…

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 12:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 2004 Lexus LS 430 Modern Luxury. 2012 Acura TSX (fun fun) Maybe MB again one day...
Quoted: 61 Post(s)

Prove the list to be untrue then.....go one by one and take 'em out.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 06:10 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1999 E430 Sport
Send a message via AIM to dmcnicol366

Remember where 9-11 was planned. On Clintons watch. As far as Enron goes Hmmm. Happined on Clintons watch.
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 06:43 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
MS Fowler - 10/11/2004 8:23 PM

I'm still waiting for Kerry to release his entire military record...the WHOLE truth.
No, KV, it is NOT ALL on his web site; he has never signed the form allowing his entire record to be released.
I was led to believe his records were all available on his website. Is this NOT the case?

Oh well, there's probably some retired guy with a grudge that will come forward with the documents on October 31 or so.

That was the big mistake in the 60 Minutes debacle. They'd have gotten away with it if they'd only had the patience to wait until late October.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 07:25 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
dmcnicol366 - 10/12/2004 8:10 AM

Remember where 9-11 was planned. On Clintons watch. As far as Enron goes Hmmm. Happined on Clintons watch.
You've convinced me. I will absolutely not vote for Clinton on Nov 2.
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 07:28 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Botnst - 10/12/2004 8:43 AM

Quote:
MS Fowler - 10/11/2004 8:23 PM

I'm still waiting for Kerry to release his entire military record...the WHOLE truth.
No, KV, it is NOT ALL on his web site; he has never signed the form allowing his entire record to be released.
I was led to believe his records were all available on his website. Is this NOT the case?

Oh well, there's probably some retired guy with a grudge that will come forward with the documents on October 31 or so.

That was the big mistake in the 60 Minutes debacle. They'd have gotten away with it if they'd only had the patience to wait until late October.
I don't think the electorate in general gives a rats ass about then Nam era anymore. That show's over. Thank God. If ever a nation needed to have a discussion of the real issues, its us.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 04:54 PM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: '84 SD

Issues of Importance?
Gay Marriage: President Bush is opposed John Kerry favors
Partial-Birth Abortion: President Bush is opposed John Kerry favors
Restoring voluntary prayer in the public schools: President Bush Favors John Kerry is Opposed
Assault on Mel Gibson for making film about Christ: President Bush supports Gibson John Kerry participated in Left's assault on Gibson, suggesting possible anti-Semitism even though Kerry had not seen the film.
Assault on Boy Scouts for belief in God and not allowing Homosexual Scout Leaders: President Bush supports Boy Scouts' stand John Kerry opposes Boy Scouts' stand
Asking for God's blessing on America: President Bush often asks God to bless America in his speeches John Kerry attacks Bush for mentioning God so often
Judges President Bush says "We need commonsense judges who believe our rights are derived from God." John Kerry insists on judges who support the ACLU's radical anti-Christian, anti-God, antifamily agenda. John Kerry is insistent on blocking President Bush's federal judge appointments.
Overall Record President Bush does not vote on issues before Congress but, scriiptd on his publicly stated positions, would receive an 85% conservative rating from the American Conservative Union if he did. John Kerry, according to the highly respected, politically neutral National Journal rates Kerry the most liberal U. S. Senator in 2003 -- more liberal than Ted Kennedy and Hillary Clinton.
the Kerrys are listed as one of the top 100 wealthiest couples in America, Kerry himself only paid about $70 thousand dollars in taxes last year.

Sorry. I won't be voting for Kerry.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 05:46 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2003
Vehicle: 300d, 409d

Quote:
Rickg - 10/12/2004 6:54 PM

Issues of Importance?
Gay Marriage: President Bush is opposed John Kerry favors
Partial-Birth Abortion: President Bush is opposed John Kerry favors
Restoring voluntary prayer in the public schools: President Bush Favors John Kerry is Opposed
Assault on Mel Gibson for making film about Christ: President Bush supports Gibson John Kerry participated in Left's assault on Gibson, suggesting possible anti-Semitism even though Kerry had not seen the film.
Assault on Boy Scouts for belief in God and not allowing Homosexual Scout Leaders: President Bush supports Boy Scouts' stand John Kerry opposes Boy Scouts' stand
Asking for God's blessing on America: President Bush often asks God to bless America in his speeches John Kerry attacks Bush for mentioning God so often
Judges President Bush says "We need commonsense judges who believe our rights are derived from God." John Kerry insists on judges who support the ACLU's radical anti-Christian, anti-God, antifamily agenda. John Kerry is insistent on blocking President Bush's federal judge appointments.
Overall Record President Bush does not vote on issues before Congress but, scriiptd on his publicly stated positions, would receive an 85% conservative rating from the American Conservative Union if he did. John Kerry, according to the highly respected, politically neutral National Journal rates Kerry the most liberal U. S. Senator in 2003 -- more liberal than Ted Kennedy and Hillary Clinton.
the Kerrys are listed as one of the top 100 wealthiest couples in America, Kerry himself only paid about $70 thousand dollars in taxes last year.

Sorry. I won't be voting for Kerry.
Let me see, opposed to abortion, supportive of public prayers, claims God is the source of law, opposed to homosexuality. . . Where I have heard that before? I thought we bombed the hell out of the Taliban for holding such ideas, well in addition to the fact that they attacked another country with no justification.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 08:58 AM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: '84 SD

You may not like that list, but it actually is a list that the majority of this country considers.

Example:

CBS News/New York Times Poll. April 23-27, 2004. N=856 registered voters nationwide. MoE ± 3.

"Do you think George W. Bush shares the moral values most Americans try to live by, or doesn't he?"

Does Does Don't
Not Know
4/23-27/04 68 25 7

You that oppose these ideas are actually in the minority in this country. Were we to do away with the electorial system, and go to a straight majority vote, you wouldn't even have a chance of changing these issues, by what I see.

Eeewww. That didn't cut and paste well at all.

the 4/23 poll showed 68% "does", 25% "does not", 7% "don't know"
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Well, for my money, nothing turns my nose more than a sanctimonious politician (promoting "Christian" values while slaughtering thousands overseas for fun). Put me squarely in the 25%.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in