BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Where AIDS came from revealed by recent Nobel Laureate

Kenyan Nobel peace laureate claims AIDS virus deliberately created

NAIROBI (AFP) - Kenyan ecologist Wangari Maathai, the first African woman to win the Nobel Peace Prize, reiterated her claim that the AIDS virus was a deliberately created biological agent.

"Some say that AIDS came from the monkeys, and I doubt that because we have been living with monkeys (since) time immemorial, others say it was a curse from God, but I say it cannot be that.

"Us black people are dying more than any other people in this planet," Maathai told a press conference in Nairobi a day after winning the prize for her work in human rights and reversing deforestation across Africa.

"It's true that there are some people who create agents to wipe out other people. If there were no such people, we could have not have invaded Iraq," she said.

"We invaded Iraq because we believed that Saddam Hussein had made, or was in the process of creating agents of biological warfare," said Maathai, also Kenyan deputy environment and natural resources minister, who has gained a reputation as a fearless speaker.

"In fact it (the HIV virus) is created by a scientist for biological warfare," she added.

"Why has there been so much secrecy about AIDS? When you ask where did the virus come from, it raises a lot of flags. That makes me suspicious," Maathai added.

Africa accounts for 25 million out of the estimated 38 million people across the world infected with HIV, and the vast majority of infected Africans are women, according to UNAIDS estimates.

The United States on Friday congratulated Maathai on winning the Nobel Peace Prize, but tempered its praise over her claims about AIDS.

"She said (HIV/AIDS) was invented as a bioweapon in some laboratory in the West," a senior State Department official said. "We don't agree with that."

The official pointed to a report of those comments published in August in Kenya's daily Standard newspaper, in which Maathai was quoted as saying that HIV/AIDS was created by scientists for the purpose of mass extermination.

"We know that the developed nations are using biological warfare, leaving guns to the primitive people," the Standard quoted Maathai as telling a public workshop in the central Kenyan town of Nyeri on August 30.

"They have the resources to do this."

"AIDS (is) not a curse from God to Africans or the black people," she said, according to the paper's account of the meeting published a day later.

"It is a tool to control them designed by some evil-minded scientists, but we may not know who particularly did."

"Why is the rest of the world just watching, doing nothing while Africans are being wiped out? The rest of the world has abandoned us," Maathai said in this Saturday's issue of Standard.

Maathai, 64, was honored by the Nobel committee for standing at the "front of the fight to promote ecologically viable social, economic and cultural development in Kenya and in Africa."

In 1977, she founded the Green Belt Movement, the largest tree-planting project in Africa aimed at promoting biodiversity and at the same time creating jobs and giving women a stronger identity in society.

Voted Time Magazine's "Hero of the Planet" in 1998 and a household name in her country, Maathai has vowed to use the cash award that comes with the award to promote her environment campaigns.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 12:28 PM
MTI
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: '85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Where AIDS came from revealed by recent Nobel Laureate

She should be able to buy a lot of "tin foil hats" with the $1.3M prize
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 05:30 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2003
Vehicle: 300d, 409d

The book, The River, accumulates an impressive amount of evidence that tha AIDS virus passed unintentionally from other primates to humans via the Polio vaccine which was extensively tested in Africa.

The book is one of the best viral detective stories I have ever read. The proof of the hypothesis lie in testing of stored old polio vaccine. That testing has been done, but did not verify the hypothesis. It still lives as a tantalizing hypothesis.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 06:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

There is a lot of scholarship and a lot of open questions going on that area. In truth, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the lady out of hand - until the mystery is solved her speculation is as good as any other. Raising chimps for the purpose of mass-producing blood plasma for combat soldiers is another possibility, done by either us, or the Russians during the days of Cold War madness wouldn't surprise me, however I think the vaccine school makes a lot of sense. Hepatitis vaccines are also suspected:

http://www.originofaids.com/

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 06:59 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 89 300E

Quote:
Botnst - 10/11/2004 2:16 PM

Kenyan Nobel peace laureate claims AIDS virus deliberately created

NAIROBI (AFP) -
In 1977, she founded the Green Belt Movement, the largest tree-planting project in Africa aimed at promoting biodiversity and at the same time creating jobs and giving women a stronger identity in society.
Yeah, Africa could really use some more trees. Them monkeys gotta have something to swing on.

"The above post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Cap'n Carageous nor this forum. It may be presented as an attempt at humor or as a quote or paraphrase from another author. Any feelings hurt by this post are the responsibility of the reader. No animals were harmed in the making of this post." Member F.D.I.C. Tax tag and title extra.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 08:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

If I were you. I'd worry about trees. You never know when some squirrel might come down after your ass.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 12:17 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 2004 Lexus LS 430 Modern Luxury. 2012 Acura TSX (fun fun) Maybe MB again one day...
Quoted: 61 Post(s)

"Inventing the AIDS virus" by Peter Duesberg may be one of the best books I ever read.

http://www.duesberg.com/

He has a totally different theory on what AIDS really is. I was very skeptical at first. I read many of his paper, his books, and other scientists/doctors who back his theory.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 11:23 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D

Quote:
Cap n Carageous - 10/11/2004 6:59 PM

Yeah, Africa could really use some more trees. Them monkeys gotta have something to swing on.
Have you not been getting your exercise, Cap'n?

OBK #35

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 05:49 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
kvining - 10/11/2004 10:54 PM

If I were you. I'd worry about trees. You never know when some squirrel might come down after your ass.
I own and manage quite a number of trees. I'm just not sure where they are........ I don't worry much about squirrels though.

"The above post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Cap'n Carageous nor this forum. It may be presented as an attempt at humor or as a quote or paraphrase from another author. Any feelings hurt by this post are the responsibility of the reader. No animals were harmed in the making of this post." Member F.D.I.C. Tax tag and title extra.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 05:53 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
old300D - 10/12/2004 1:23 PM

Quote:
Cap n Carageous - 10/11/2004 6:59 PM

Have you not been getting your exercise, Cap'n?
You've lost touch with reality, haven't you. I'm sooo sorry for you! BTW, ain't no 280Z in the world that can turn in the twelves without a Ford transplant!!![;)]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in