Who won? - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 12:36 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Who won?

White capped guy in the middle of the pic. Big ole' beard, with hand passing through it. Heh. Laughing at everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 10:40 AM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
When angry white men attack

post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 11:16 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Most of the post debate analysis I have read all state that Bush was perceived as much improved, Kerry barely won, and Bush stopped his base from eroding. Kerry, however has scored a political coup as a result of both debates. He has a gone from a man who was simply not considered of Presidential stature and as someone whom the "flip-flopper" tag had been neatly attached to by the Bushies, to something totally different in the eyes of the electorate - on average 60% or more now say that he is equal to or is perceived better than Bush to handle the job of being President - in other words, he has negated his greatest political liability and made the psychological effect attempted by 200 million dollars in Bush advertising turn to political dust. In two weeks, he has totally revolutionized the election. From here on out, it will be a referundum on Bush and his judgements, since the issues the Bushies tried to exploit, that Kerry was simply not leadership material, will no longer work.

post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 11:37 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Send a message via AIM to AdMaven

Bush's meltdown and total disregard of the debate rules, charging toward the moderator (who was trying to ask about the back-door draft) scares me. Can't imagine how he behaves in private.

post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 12:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
AdMaven - 10/9/2004 12:37 PM

Bush's meltdown and total disregard of the debate rules, charging toward the moderator (who was trying to ask about the back-door draft) scares me. Can't imagine how he behaves in private.
yup,[V]

what's up with the shrub lumber producion that kerry elluded to. i sure haven't seen anything about this..

in political asylum
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 12:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Bush is classified as a small businessman because he owns 84$ worth of stock in a lumber company. JKerry's point is that when Bush makes up statistics about small business, that is definition of a small businessman he uses. Its an old Texas political trick called "putting lipstick on a pig", to hide what it really is. Our law books are full of the results. Buy 100 acres of prime Houston real-estate, worth $1,000 a square foot, say you want to hold it for a year to make a killing. Taxes on the property should reduce your profit by a million or so - solution? Put four cows on it and your a "rancher". Land value now is capped at current agricutural land averages, about $3000 an acre tops. If you ever get a chance to ride around Houston, you'd be amazed to see little teeny herds of cows running around on a lot next to Home Depot on the 610 Inner Loop. I bet the meats real good too - nothing like a cow that has been gassed with refinery and exhaust fumes to really make a fine meal. In Texas, these poor "ranchers" are constantly given state remedies for their latest plight. After all, they are just poor ranchers trying to get by on a small herd - so they should get a free state financed water tap and sewage system, right? And a four lane road nearby, why, we need an off ramp for all that farm equipment! You don't want our kids to starve do you? AKA "Compassionate conservativism", it is very compassionate to the conservatives

post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 12:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

well, they are going down because shrub's forrestry policies lean towards making those lands ranch like..

not sure how 84 bucks worth of stock can make anybody a small business man but them i'm not in TX either..

shrub elluded agian to the s-corp in a negative light.. what's up w/ that?

in political asylum
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 12:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
kvining - 10/9/2004 1:39 PM
"Compassionate conservativism", it is very compassionate to the conservatives
[:D][:p][V]

in political asylum
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 02:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
mzsmbs - 10/9/2004 2:55 PM

well, they are going down because shrub's forrestry policies lean towards making those lands ranch like..

not sure how 84 bucks worth of stock can make anybody a small business man but them i'm not in TX either..

shrub elluded agian to the s-corp in a negative light.. what's up w/ that?
I don't know why he has dragged S-corps into this. Hell, Wall Street is trying to figure it out. My company is an S-corp. Its used by contractors and small family-owned businesses. An S-corp has to distribute all its profits as income to somebody by the end of a taxable year so that they show either zero profit or a loss, and therefor owe zero corporate tax. Those who recieve the income pay taxes on it at personal income tax rates, and it generally works out to a big savings versus paying at standard corporate tax rates, and in addition you get all the writeoffs a regular corporation gets, like buying yourself a nice Jaguar as a corporate car so you can write off the payments and the gas. Bush seems to be saying something utterly hypocritcal (big surprise) when he claims to be pro-small business yet hints he will solve the surplus by ending this tax treatment for small business. It will drive a lot of small businesses out of business. He may be saying something totally different. I really think the guy is doing dope.

post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 02:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2004
Vehicle: chris

I thought bush did a real good job there[:)]
not that i like poly ticks but i take my hat off to the winner[8D]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in