Newest Blog Mystery: Was Bush Wired? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-08-2004, 06:46 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
RE: Newest Blog Mystery: Was Bush Wired?

I'm convinced that everything printed here is 100% factual.
So base on that picture and all of the conclusive evidence. Count me as voting for Sen. J Kerry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-09-2004, 11:42 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
kvining - 10/8/2004 4:44 PM
Time for another Blog Mystery Hour. Where is webwench?
Wouldn't surprise me... the campaign has turned into one long 'who looks better on camera'fest anyway; would it really surprise you if candidates started using the same stuff 'news readers' use?

As for where I am, well, I'm working a full-time hell job, flight instructing evenings and weekends, parenting a first-grader in my spare time, and in between these three jobs I'm working on the car and trying to find ways to get out of the hell-job and still pay the mortgage. If it weren't so cloudy today I'd be up in the air right now! So this is how I explain my failure to leap onto this forum and these blogs at the first sign of controversy or a kv invite :)
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Bush wired story grows. Here is a picture of him in 2002 with the exact same weird shape on his back, on the left, on the right, picture of him from last debate, altho that one actually looks more like a bulletproof vest to me:

Technical expert: Bush was wired
A Bush spokesman tells Salon there is nothing to the story. But as the final presidential debate looms, speculation grows about the mysterious bulge.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
By Dave Lindorff
salon.com

Oct. 13, 2004 | Speculation continues to run wild about President Bush's mystery bulge. Since Friday, when Salon first raised questions about the rectangular bulge that was visible under Bush's suit coat during the presidential debates, many observers in the press and on the Internet have wondered aloud whether the verbally and factually challenged president might be receiving coaching via a hidden electronic device.

Now a technical expert who designs and makes such devices for the U.S. military and private industry tells Salon that he believes the bulge is indeed a transceiver designed to receive electronic signals and transmit them to a hidden earpiece lodged in Bush's ear canal.

"There's no question about it. It's a pretty obvious one -- larger than most because it probably has descrambling capability," said Alex Darbut, technical and business development vice president for Resistance Technology in Arden Hills, Minn. Darbut examined photographs of the president's back taken from the Fox News video feed at the first presidential debate in Coral Gables, Fla., as well as 2002 photos of the president driving and working in a T-shirt on his Crawford ranch, which were posted on the White House Web site.

Darbut speculates that the device the president wears is provided by the Secret Service, noting, "They're not going to have him driving around the countryside on his ranch without being in instant contact with him."

No one in the White House or Bush campaign, however, has offered such an explanation. In fact, the Bush camp has shed little light on the mysterious protuberance, turning aside questions with dismissive humor or rising tones of exasperation. The president is "a regular guy," White House chief of staff Andy Card told Salon before the second debate last week. "Maybe his suit had a little lump in it or something." Campaign spokeswoman Nicolle Devenish took the same line with the New York Times on Saturday: "It was most likely a rumpling of that portion of his suit jacket, or a wrinkle in the fabric." But Devenish, the Times dryly noted, "could not say why the 'rumpling' was rectangular." Campaign spokesman Scott Stanzel brushed aside a questioner in a Washington Post chat session by saying, "I think you've been spending a little too much time on conspiracy Web sites."

On Tuesday, in response to repeated questions from Salon, the Bush camp finally issued a flat denial. Campaign spokesman Reed Dickens denied that Bush has ever used an electronic device to aid his public speaking, insisting the president was wearing "nothing during the debates." When asked about the pictures taken at the Bush ranch, Dickens said the president has never used any devices except for cutting tools and earplugs to protect his ears from the high-decibel chainsaw. Nor has the Secret Service outfitted Bush with a hidden communications device, according to Dickens: "He doesn't need something like that because the Secret Service is always with him. They ride in the truck in the back. Wherever he goes, they're with him."

Despite the official denials, the bulge brouhaha is still ballooning. On Tuesday, the New York Daily News produced a master tailor named Frank Shattuck who, after viewing photos from both debates, confirmed, "There's definitely something there, in between the shoulder blades. I can't say what it is, but it's not hidden very well. They should have come to me. I can hide a pistol under the breast."

In Orlando, Florida, TV station WFTV polled its viewers, asking, “Do you believe the accusations that President George W. Bush was wired during the presidential debate?� Of 35,000 respondents, only 42 percent answered no, while 36 percent replied yes, and 22 percent said possibly.

Meanwhile, blogs, chat rooms, bulletin boards -- and Salon's letters pages -- continue to buzz with discussion about Bush's possible electronic enhancement. Reports are flying around the Web about earlier televised events where audio glitches allegedly permitted TV viewers to hear someone directing what Bush to say, including his public remarks at the Sea Island G-8 summit meeting in June, his D-day anniversary speech in France, and a New York speech following 9/11.

One thing is certain: During the final presidential debate in Tempe, Ariz., on Wednesday night, all eyes will be on Bush's back.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 05:47 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

It's just a natural part of his anatomy. He's simply folding his spinal ridge over.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 05:48 PM
BenzWorld Member

Pretty amusing stuff. Thanks!

BTW, if he were trying to hide something of that size, wouldn't it have made more sense to have it lower down his back so it wouldn't show? I'm sure no one in his camp could have thought of that.

Current:
1995 E-320, 163*** miles
1987 190-E 16-valve, 150*** miles

Former:
1980 300-D, approx. 225*** miles, donated to the National Kidney Foundation.
1980 240-D, 297500 miles, totalled when hit by innatentive driver. Missed dearly.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Lower in the back would be uncomfortable in a chair, I would think. I would also think that at this point we can all agree that SOMETHING is there. A photo from 2002 and then the exact same shape in 2004 is way too much coincidence.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 06:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

I would be much more interested in a blood test after the first debate. He looked like a typical drugged out junkie trying to decide what voice in his head was the right one in that first debate. Forget the bulge on his back for the moment, it might have been a portable defibrilator or something to address a potential medical emergency brought on by the dose of coke he snorted. His behavior was so odd, including his facial expressions and twitching and blinking, that there has to have been a little man-made chemical supplement in his blood. Jim
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 06:07 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Quote:
JimSmith - 10/13/2004 5:04 PM

I would be much more interested in a blood test after the first debate. He looked like a typical drugged out junkie trying to decide what voice in his head was the right one in that first debate. Forget the bulge on his back for the moment, it might have been a portable defibrilator or something to address a potential medical emergency brought on by the dose of coke he snorted. His behavior was so odd, including his facial expressions and twitching and blinking, that there has to have been a little man-made chemical supplement in his blood. Jim
I was thinking the same thing -- he really did seem to be on something....

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 03:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: W-1-2-3 Go!
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)

Quote:
sflori - 10/13/2004 4:48 PM

Pretty amusing stuff. Thanks!

BTW, if he were trying to hide something of that size, wouldn't it have made more sense to have it lower down his back so it wouldn't show? I'm sure no one in his camp could have thought of that.
Or perhaps to his side...

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 03:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D

Anybody read or see "The Puppet Masters"? [:D]

(I love blog mysteries, but I'm more convinced now he has an audio prompter) I bet Bush gets real confused when he's high. [B)]

OBK #35

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in