Did I just hear Dick Cheney imply that the current admin wants to close S-corp tax advantages? - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Did I just hear Dick Cheney imply that the current admin wants to close S-corp tax advantages?

Whoa!!!!! [:0]

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 08:54 PM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Dr. Doom, master of the non-sequitur

He also claimed that attacking, invading and occupying the formerly sovereign nation of Iraq is somehow inexplicably related to the diminished number of Palestinian attacks against Israel--WTF??!!??!!
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 09:01 PM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: 1986 300SDL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Did I just hear Dick Cheney imply that the current admin wants to close S-corp tax advantages?

Certainly no knockout punches thrown by either side. I did like when Edwards hit Cheney for voting against Headstart, MLK Day, Dept. of Ed.,and a few more. I'm sure that scored points with the undecided women's vote.
He also hammered home that The Repubs side with the drug companies against the people. I don't think Edwards hurt Kerry one bit. Wonder what the polls will show.
One more thing, there will definitely be some post debate fact checking on statements by the candidates.
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 09:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2004
RE: Did I just hear Dick Cheney imply that the current admin wants to close S-corp tax advantages?

Martin Luther King day is ridiculous. Maybe I missed it, was he a President or founding father? No? Just a troublemaker, plagiarizer of portions of his doctoral thesis, and a notorious skirt chaser.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 09:16 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
MRTIKKET - 10/5/2004 11:07 PM

Martin Luther King day is ridiculous. Maybe I missed it, was he a President or founding father? No? Just a troublemaker, plagiarizer of portions of his doctoral thesis, and a notorious skirt chaser.
"Kind Thoughts with Jack Handy"
Oh and Columbus was just a dumb Italian that couldn't steer and St. Patricks Day, don't get me started. Tell us how you feel about Labor Day, just another excuse for those damn lazy workers whom you purport to have gotten rich off of to goof off.
May I suggest that you are a pompous ass Sir!
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 09:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I think both held their own supporters, and Cheney won the poise contest - but Cheney utter a blantant falsehood when he said that he had never claimed that al-Queda and Saddam were linked, and that is going to catch a lot of post debate buzz. I also think the S-corp comment is going to be extremely controversial among those who benefit from it. So I'll give him the initial buzz win but on closer examination, he may have actually provided the dems with some heavy ammo.

I was disappointed in Edwards. He could have done a better job of nailing Cheney on his career of falsehoods. He was a litte too smiley.

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

(Thread Starter)
RE: Dr. Doom, master of the non-sequitur

Quote:
Zeitgeist - 10/5/2004 7:54 PM

He also claimed that attacking, invading and occupying the formerly sovereign nation of Iraq is somehow inexplicably related to the diminished number of Palestinian attacks against Israel--WTF??!!??!!
Yes, in reference to Saddam's blanket $25K stipend offer to the families of Palestinian suicide bombers. I'd love to see some stats to back that up...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 09:21 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2003
Vehicle: 300d, 409d

As a former IBEW man myself, I was very disappointed to hear that Cheney was once one of my brothers.

I couldn't believe Cheney denied ever making a link between Hussein and 9/11.

I listened to about half of the debate on the radio and watched half on TV. I think the radio version made me think more about the substance of their arguments.

I'd rate it a tie.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 09:22 PM
BenzWorld Member

RE: Dr. Doom, master of the non-sequitur

Quote:
GermanStar - 10/5/2004 11:20 PM

Quote:
Zeitgeist - 10/5/2004 7:54 PM

Yes, in reference to Saddam's blanket $25K stipend offer to the families of Palestinian suicide bombers. I'd love to see some stats to back that up...
It might be possible. I'd like to know if anyone else is handing out the $25K to the families of the suicide bombers.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 10-05-2004, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

(Thread Starter)

I thought Edwards held his own against an opponent of superior intellect. I actually think this will work to the advantge of Kerry. My overall opinion: draw.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in