"Gay Marriage" issue dies with a thud - Page 9 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 112 (permalink) Old 10-02-2004, 02:13 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 2004 Lexus LS 430 Modern Luxury. 2012 Acura TSX (fun fun) Maybe MB again one day...
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
RE: "Gay Marriage" issue dies with a thud

Quote:
jzaroh - 10/1/2004 11:17 PM

Quote:
kvining - 10/1/2004 7:22 PM

Quote:
jzaroh - 10/1/2004 6:27 PM

Kirk, your support for this makes me think that you yourself, are indeed homosexual.
Your statement makes me think that you are indeed, an idiot.

Alright, good. You fell into my trap. Since you cannot respond in a courteous manner by saying "Me? No I'm not homosexual, but I know some people who are and I sympathize with them."

Instead you resort to crude mud-slinging and take things personally. FYI, that was just a test. I know your rationale, now. This was my way of finding if you were serious about these issues.
What a load. Your post was intended to flame the guy.

I can't belive how many childish biggots are on this board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 112 (permalink) Old 10-02-2004, 02:30 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 2004 Lexus LS 430 Modern Luxury. 2012 Acura TSX (fun fun) Maybe MB again one day...
Quoted: 61 Post(s)

Quote:
MRTIKKET - 10/2/2004 2:56 AM

Oh, one more thing, went to Disneyworld last year year. I had never been, and had a great time. However, one weekend had been designated Gay Weekend. The overt acts of affection between Gays, in front of so many young children was, in my mind, apalling!
I have to agree. Most gays here in Florida kind of look down at the "gay day" in DW. They feel it is reserved for the most insecure and obnoxious of the bunch. Often giving a homosexuals a bad name. I tend to agree with them. I don't think any rational person would want to act like that in public straight or gay.
post #83 of 112 (permalink) Old 10-02-2004, 03:24 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
MRTIKKET - 10/2/2004 12:58 AM

I also have no problem with civil unions. Marriage is a problem for me. Also, I am amazed at the companies offering benefits to partners. As a member of a family who has thousands on many payrolls, rest assured that will never happen on my watch. With the slow economy growth, maybe some of these shooting star companies of the 90's will reevaluate their priorities.
Well you didn't explain why you offer married employee's benefits but lets assume for a minute that you do as part of a compensation package to attract and retain employees. Now why would you be "amazed" that a company offers benefits that might attract qualified applicant's from a bigger pool? Would you be amazed if a competitor offered a higher salary than your company offers?

If you hire a gay guy with a partner it doesn't cost you any more than hiring a married guy or a single guy and paying him the equivilant partner benifit in salary.

Would you pay a gay guy less than a straight guy?

Forum killa

You have been banned for the following reason:
insulting mod

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #84 of 112 (permalink) Old 10-02-2004, 07:09 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Vehicle: 1982 300SD

Why is it that almost every time anyone speaks against gay rights, they are branded with the slur, " homophobic"?
Doesn't anyone understand that it IS possible to be against gay marriage w/o being filled with fear and dread of the homosexual?
post #85 of 112 (permalink) Old 10-02-2004, 07:19 AM
Always Remembered RIP

Vehicle: W126 SD, W115 D

Quote:
MS Fowler - 10/2/2004 9:09 AM

Why is it that almost every time anyone speaks against gay rights, they are branded with the slur, " homophobic"?
Doesn't anyone understand that it IS possible to be against gay marriage w/o being filled with fear and dread of the homosexual?
No, I for one don't understand it, and no, I don't believe it is possible.

Tell me MS, what is it about gay people that, in your opinion, should cause them (US if I'm truthful about it)to not enjoy the same freedoms, rights, and protections afforded everyone else under the constitution of the United States of America? Please tell me, so that maybe i can begin to understand why someone that would deny a gay or lesbian couple the rights and privileges of marriage would not filled with fear, dread, etc etc...

post #86 of 112 (permalink) Old 10-02-2004, 08:25 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Vehicle: 1982 300SD

TxBill,
I'm sorry you can't understand being opposed to something, ( any issue for that matter) and yet give respect to the opposition.
That is a foundation of this country--majority rules; yet the rights of the minority are protected.
Lately, the culture in this country has shifted--many people think that the majority rules and then we can trample those with whom we disagree.
However, giving you respect as the free moral agent you are, does not mean I give up my rights to disagree with you. I don't believe you should be deprived of those "inalienable rights" (i.e. life liberty and the pursuit of happiness) just because you are gay. Neither do I think that being gay, ( or black, or _______) entitles you to any special favorable treatment at the hands of government.

post #87 of 112 (permalink) Old 10-02-2004, 08:27 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Feb 2004

well I have to admit, I know some straight people and I even know some that daily display public affection. unfortunatly, it is forced on me daily and i have to view it. i even know some people that know some of these straights and they say that there are weeks in spring when these "straights" descend upon vacation areas for "spring break" and force their lack of values (such as drinking, public sex and overall inappropriate behavior) on all of us. we have to see this and our children grow up seeing these morally corrupt individuals and think that this is the proper way to act in the future. they see the biggotry and name calling and even death (Matt Shephard) and feel that its appropriate. I sympothize with the straights as those people must be scared......when there is a view such as homosexualality, they cling to their bibles..however when they cheat on their wives or act in an inappropriate manner they tend to forget their bible along with their value system and morals. With such a high divorce rate, makes you wonder why the straights cannot commit to a contract of marriage..makes you wonder if you can trust them. I have had a few dealings with som straights and the ones that i have dealt with seem trustworthy, however I am cautous.
post #88 of 112 (permalink) Old 10-02-2004, 08:40 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

I mean, look at the top stories in the news today about death and deception...husbands killing wives..all straight. Kinda scary actually. I still love my straight friends nonetheless and do not hold the actions of their straight peers against them. For all the successful mariages out there, congrats. my parents just celebrated their 40th..thats commitment. But the number of gays in the military that are "gay" when not around their wives and yet when they get back into port or back on the base, try to block out what they did. you would be amazed at this wavering value system.....it amazes me nonetheless. As far as gay marriage, I am undecided. I wish that I received the same benefits as a straight couple, tho I believe that i am better off...i see too many people marry and years later end in divorce and then the family unit suffers and they put their kids through the hell they created. how many marriages end in divorce because of one cheating with another? they put their kids through this who see it and continue the cycle. was in the supermarket the other day and saw a man and woman in front of me holding hands, then the husband kissed her. I wish that I did not have to have that forced on me. and by the way......thats about as stupid as the comment of having gay days "forced" on people. heres your answer, don't go. that simple, just do not go..not that hard. all respect to you but it would seem to me if it bothers you so much you would go another time. as far as it being forced on the kids, these "kids" are having sex at unacceptable early ages. of course if ne has a straight daughter, the girl should remain a virgin for most of her adult life, though if a "guy" has a son, the boy is acknowledged for "banging" a girl. sick. just goes to show the intelligence and the lack of values that some people demonstrate.
post #89 of 112 (permalink) Old 10-02-2004, 08:43 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

?
post #90 of 112 (permalink) Old 10-02-2004, 08:46 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

i wonder now why THESE posts are not being posted rigt away? does someone else have differing views on gays as well and is choosing what to post?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in