LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 10:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
RE: OUR BORDERS

immigration and WTC tragedy have nothing to do with each other brah.. WTF?

in political asylum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 10:16 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Yes, Australia has some very strict isolationist policies in place that make it very difficult for anyone to live or work there other than Australian citizens. On the other hand, I've heard the government pays child stipends to encourage reproduction in the face of a declining population. It's a rather peculiar dichotomy.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 10:17 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

They did'nt look like US citizens flying those plane's
[V]
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 10:20 AM
BenzWorld Elite

but they weren't immigrants. big difference..

in political asylum
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 10:21 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
mzsmbs - 9/29/2004 8:55 AM

aren't china and india (even put together) smaller then US? funny math here we go again...
Both China and India have significantly larger populations than the U.S.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 10:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite

yes, i know Ron, but the poster said they wouldn't all fit here so it's a land mass issue and all i am saying is that they'd fit here no problem...

in political asylum
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 10:32 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Ya think?? Well, since you volunteered, better get the guest room ready. [:D]

post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 10:35 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

I believe that China exceeds the U.S. in land mass as well.

Edit: I stand corrected -- the U.S. wins by a nose:

Russia
Moscow

Canada
Ottawa

United States
Washington DC

China
Beijing

Brazil
Brasilia

Australia
Canberra

India
New Delhi

Argentina
Buenos Aires

Kazakhstan
Astana

Sudan
Khartoum

post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 10:43 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Mar 2003
Vehicle: 88 Benz 260E

Our economy would not fail, that's a scare tactic for the uneducated. So we pay a little bit extra for our produce.I would rather pay a little here and there than pay more for higher taxes whenever our local gov's need to recoupe their losses to cover for the overspending due to illegals .You don't think,there's others that would take those jobs. If they're undocumented how do you figure that they pay SSI??? Ignorant statement with no fact. They get paid cash under the table so they avoid taxes etc and this leaves no paper trail. But yet they milk our system by sending their kids to our schools, use our medical services. Living in So CAli they've closed 8 trauma centers so far because of the high cost of treating illegals with no insurance. What does that do? That affects us the citizens that are paying taxes and insurance for these services.If lord forbids anybody in the valley needs to rush to the ER now they have to go across town because Northridge just closed their ER doors due to illegals.
Why do you think medical costs and auto insurance rates are so high in the western states. Because auto insurance companies and medical facilities have to inflate their prices to sponge their losses when paying out for the illegals.I don't have a problem with people wanting to live here and make a better life for themselves, just pay their taxes like everybody else and go through the system like the rest of us. What I hate the most is the hypocracy behind illegal advocates. If you're an illegal in Mexico and you tried to demand a driver's license or benefits what do you think the Mexican officials would do? They would laugh in your face and send you packing but yet they expect the US to do that..Pure hypocracy.. Now about that statement about slavery that's BS!! You can become whatever you want if you have the drive and determination. I came here with my family pennyless none of us able to speak English. We struggled, sacrificed and worked hard . Earned our citizenship the right way the legal way. It took a long time but we did it. We took those jobs that you say nobody would, my mom cleaned toilets, my dad worked at the grocery store we did gardening. Now I'm in my 3rd year of med school, my sister graduated from UCLA, my brother from USC. So don't play that blame game like everybody owes them something. Illegals bleed the system and take without giving back..Period !!

~Cali

88 260E updated to 95 320 Pearl Blk
95 Hella euros/clear corners/clear
side markers/smoked tail-lights/Ansa
center muffler/Sprewell exhaust/Optima Blue Top
Brabus pedals/Brabus illuminated door sills/zebrano shift knob/chrome shift gate frame/Brushed aluminum frame cover/Brabus door pins/Brabus leather sport steering wheel/Chrome gauge rings/Cream gauge dials/Chrome air vent surrounds/Uber strut tower bar/Adjustable rear camber arms/Custom chrome-powdercoated 18-215/40 Moven LM 1's/Vogtland sport springs/Bilstein sport shocks/Brembo X-drilled rotors/red painted calipers/90's trunk insert/Custom painted Brabus valve cover/Color matched S600 grill/95 updated hood/Brabus flat hood badge/updated side panels/Wald kit/SL gills/Zender trunk spoiler/Hella driving/fog lights

*NEW MODS

Uber - Upper aluminum strut bar
Uber - Front 6.5 component fiberglass kick panels
Uber - Rear window spoiler in progress *

post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-29-2004, 10:58 AM
BenzWorld Member

It’s hard to see how anyone gets across on foot with all of the Border Patrol, eyes in the sky, and high tec equipment around here. I don’t really think they do, but big money is involved with the drug and human smugglers. You can see dust trails for miles when a truck comes across. About a month ago my neighbor reported a truck was stopped on his ranch which is right on the border – about 1:00 AM, broken axle – an hour later a second truck arrived, switched the load and went on. Then thirty min. later the BP showed up. There’s a manned observation tower looking right at this area, and BP is never more than 10 min. from anywhere around here. Nobody that lives around here, which is very isolated - is brave enough, or stupid enough to raise the obvious questions.
I go across at Naco about twice a week. The Mexicans check my Merc about 1/3 of the time and always my VW Bus, but coming back I’ve never had to open my trunk and only had a dog walked around the Bus once. I’m a known local, but still – give me a break, I thought we were worried about terrorists sneaking in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in