Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
RE: A vote for Kerry is a vote for his wife

Quote:
MikeV - 9/24/2004 8:13 PM

Bush is no saint, nor the best president ever. But he will win in November, Kerry is a joke, years from now, when the middle east has more than a few democracies history will look back on him in a very kind light.
Was that the history of the conquered or the history of the conqueror?

Don't fool yourself -- history will likely view this shameful event in a light similar to that of the Spanish-American war -- and that's best case scenario. I never thought I'd live long enough to see my country invade a sovereign nation who posed no imminent threat. There was never any honest justification to take this course of action -- just spin and prevarication.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 09:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

And this is the end result. Good to see Kerry finally starting to hammer the sorry bozo with it:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/09/24/musharraf/index.html
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2004, 10:20 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2004
Vehicle: 1965 220 SEb 111.021
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to dbag65

I'll take Teresa, Laura has rotten taste in men.

It scares me that this nation might actually elect Mr. Bush. Obviously much of the country doesn't care if the president lies through his teeth as long as the lies aren't about oral sex.

1/2 of the defense budget of this planet is ours. News flash W, the world knows we can go wherever we want and kick conventional war ass. There is a subtle art to diplomacy beyond everybody wipping out their army then getting a ruler to see who has the biggest. If you'd known how to do your job, and waited a historical moment or two, you could have had a 1991 style coalition for your war. But then again you risked the jig going up on WMD's.

"Mission Accomplished" there Georgie boy but shouldn't you have finished the job in Afganistan? Oh, and it looks like Iraqi insurgents taking you up on your idiotic "bring it on" quip.

The price for humoring this guy is lives. It's too high a price. He has knocked a hornets nest to the ground with a baseball bat. We're all going to get stung.

GW Bush, Duly Appointed Deserter in Chief. Somewhere in Texas a village is missing it's idiot.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 08:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Quote:
MikeV - 9/24/2004 11:13 PM
Jim, I don't think anyone is blaming Clinton for the first WTC bombing, but instead for the response. Or lack there of.

The 7 minute thing is the biggest piece of crap point on the planet. Do you know what FDR did immediately after he was told about Pearl Harbor? Do you?

And lastly this whole "bush lied people died" thing is another big piece of crap the wackos on the left are coming up with. Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Albright, Chiraq, and every other leader in the world has been quoted in recent years with a very strong belief that Saddam had WMD's.

Bush is no saint, nor the best president ever. But he will win in November, Kerry is a joke, years from now, when the middle east has more than a few democracies history will look back on him in a very kind light.
As I recall the culprits identified for that event were hunted down, arrested, and are now serving in jail. Read the 9/11 Commission Report. It has some good information on this, probably more accurate than your regular TV sources.

No, and it is good to see you Bush supporters squirm over that one. I admit it is probably unfair, but the freaking book was upside down! I doubt FDR was equally paralyzed and it is apparent he was not as inept at running the country while we were at war. So, your point that the book reading and seven minutes are without context is factual. But the point that he did not know how to proceed then, and clearly doesn't now, is also factual.

Being quoted as having swallowed the lie about WMD is one thing. None of those people you cite were advocating what Bush subsequently did. Read the Congressional Authorization to Use Armed Forces in Iraq or whatever it is called. Easy to find, just Google the subject. The resolution was passed nearly unanimously, and represents what the vast majority of our Senators and Congressmen believed. Which was not that the UN was incapable of containing Saddam, or finding WMD, or the rest of the reasons Bush cited for going into Iraq. It also made clear saving the Iraqi people from Saddam was off limits. Read it and then quote people in context. In any case, believing something that is serious enough to lead one to start a war, and then doing it without checking the facts again, is a sign of a simpleton. Then blaming the CIA and other lower level officials is the sign of a weak person. It all fits the pattern of the GWB we are getting know better. I have said it before and I will say it again. He is probably a decent guy to have a beer with watching a game, like lots of guys I know. Also, like lots of guys I know, he is not qualified to be POTUS. He needs to be fired and replaced with someone who has a whole personality and better than mediocre intellectual capacity.

When I was a child in college, guys who said things like that were very popular because they were suspected of having some very good LSD or other hallucinogen. Have a great trip and when you come down we hope Kerry has taken the White House and we are back to being America the Beautiful.

Jim

post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 09:12 AM
BenzWorld Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
kvining - 9/23/2004 11:54 PM

How come Bush didn't even look at terrorism until 9-11? And then instead of fighting it, he invaded Iraq? If what Clinton di was so wrong, why didn't Bush jump right into it and fix it?
Afghanistan first, then the "Axis of Evil" speech, then the Congressional vote supporting the war option, then the expansion to war in Iraq.

It is not complicated and nearly every elected official in government has a portion of responsibility for what is going on now in the world, including Iraq. The president has most of the responsibility and should receive most of the blame if it fails for surely history will smile upon him if it succeeds.

But the people who voted for giving the president the power to wage war where and when he chose to by whatever definition of terroristic threat the president selected, but who now are astonished to find ourselves in a war; are either so stupid they cannot feed themselves or are hypocrites and liars.

I have been reading the 9/11 Report. Its is a very complicated retelling of the process by which the national government got to the 9/11 attack and very detailed accounts of actions taken during and immediately after the attack and then some recommendations. I skimmed the book first and am now reading the portion dedicated to where Islamic terrorism came from. Anybody who thinks it is a simple generation is fooling themselves.

It is very complicated and assigning blame to the various Bushes or Clinton or Carter or Reagan is just plain stupid. It is apparent that stupidity has not deterred assignment of blame.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-25-2004, 09:22 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Quote:
RUDP - 9/25/2004 11:12 AM

It is very complicated and assigning blame to the various Bushes or Clinton or Carter or Reagan is just plain stupid. It is apparent that stupidity has not deterred assignment of blame.
Agree wholeheartedly. The focus should be on what we are doing today and how that leads to a vision of America and her role in the future. The future vision should not be next week, next year or the next decade but in the long term, like the next century. Doing something short sighted today that makes achieving a goal of the United States remaining a major player as the rest of the world, like China and India, become industrialized and grow up, impossible or so difficult as to render the option impossible, would be a terrible mistake. Our national strategy and our future options cannot be pawns in a reelection campaign. We need the best leadership possible. Not leadership based on mediocrity and claims that they are not at fault or never made a mistake or surreal reports from troubled areas. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in