Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
RE: Why Would Anyone Vote For Kerry

Quote:
xanthouz - 9/27/2004 6:52 PM

Quote:
kvining - 9/27/2004 1:09 PM

Of course tax cuts are only one part - thats the whole point. The only policy this current administration has is tax cuts. You seem to accuse me of simplistic thinking when you point to the fact that Kerry may have more than a one-tool toolbox as some sort of minus. Tax policy must fit the current economic realities -right now taxes should be up, not down - we are runing ruinous deficits and we are at war. Kerry is simply being a responsible leader and facing reality instead of passing out a huge free ride to the rich like Bush has done.
I know that you're pretty hot on being a mainstream liberal so I'll say this. Kerry's plan is just as insane as Bush's increase in spending with lowering of taxes. Purely economically, they both lose. Kerry is not being a responsible leader. He will cause harm by raising taxes on business. Those who are rich will continue to be rich because they will fire the middle class workers that they can no longer afford to employ. Lowering taxes on business would help (and has helped) them more than raising taxes. I'm still waiting for an explanation of how raising taxes on business will create jobs
Oh golly, don't go geting all rational around here. If you can't blame somebody for something then you're not contributing to the noise level.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 07:21 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004

Quote:
Botnst - 9/27/2004 2:04 PM

Talking about Kerry reminds me of pinning mercury. You take a stab at it and it quivers and wanders away.

What RDPU said was real simple and direct about Kerry--no mention of Bushie in it at all. Then you get ahold of it and it become all about Dubyah and how he's don eeverything wrong.

Yeah, Dubbie may have done everything wrong. Lets just concede that. Heck, lets assume he's incorrigibly corrupt and stupid and surrounds himself with dolts. Now MoveOn. What about M. Jean Kerry. What's he about?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RUDP - 9/24/2004 9:30 PM

Senator Kerry is a very careful man who studies issues with dilligence and great consulation with many people, both at home and abroad. As president he will be a concensus builder--he would never do what he thought was right without checking with other people first. He would consider that unilateralist and terribly inappropriate. For those of us who wish to build a world community in which the United States is an equal partner among nations, Senator Kerry is the ideal candidate.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still wondering about Kerry.

Is it even possible to discuss him without discussing Shrubbie? So far every attempt has been answered by how bad ol' Bush is. Please, I accept that Bush is completely demonic in every sense. I even hate his dog.

Now about M. Kerry.....

B
post #73 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 07:41 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Well there's Kerry and then there's KUDP. They even refer to each other's posts. Virtual doppelgangers.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #74 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 12:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Still wondering about Kerry.

Is it even possible to discuss him without discussing Shrubbie? So far every attempt has been answered by how bad ol' Bush is. Please, I accept that Bush is completely demonic in every sense. I even hate his dog.

Now about M. Kerry.....

But then, we could talk about the weather or something.

B
post #75 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 01:03 PM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Vote already, then drop it...

...does it even matter anymore? Are there any hearts n' minds left to change on this site at this point? It's time to moveon.org
post #76 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 03:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

RE: Vote already, then drop it...

Quote:
Zeitgeist - 9/28/2004 3:03 PM

...does it even matter anymore? Are there any hearts n' minds left to change on this site at this point? It's time to moveon.org
It shouldn't matter. But take note of the number of threads dissing one candidate or the otehr and we are left to suppsoe that either folks are eager to find ultimate truth about the candidates or they just want to score points. I couldn't imagine people being so shallow as to just shoot-off their mouths for no particular reason nor benefit.

So, what about M. Kerry?

post #77 of 109 (permalink) Old 09-28-2004, 06:19 PM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
RE: Vote already, then drop it...

Quote:
Botnst - 9/30/2004 4:33 PM

Quote:
Zeitgeist - 9/28/2004 3:03 PM

It shouldn't matter. But take note of the number of threads dissing one candidate or the otehr and we are left to suppsoe that either folks are eager to find ultimate truth about the candidates or they just want to score points. I couldn't imagine people being so shallow as to just shoot-off their mouths for no particular reason nor benefit.

So, what about M. Kerry?
...I don't care about M. Kerry the man. I ain't voting for him and I don't really care if his French verb declensions ain't correct...but I do care about policies. If you must jabber on about the horserace, why don't you debate the policies not personalities?
post #78 of 109 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 05:57 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2004
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Kerry is the only option we have left, I don't know about you but I am personally scared for my life, bush scared the hell out of me during a reelection term, imagine what he will do in a nonelection term

I don't want to get into a argument, I don't know if Kerry can get us out of the mess Bush got us into but Bush sure as hell won't even get close, Bush has no idea what he is doing

Nepotism anyone?
post #79 of 109 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 06:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
KompressorV12 - 10/13/2004 7:57 PM

Kerry is the only option we have left, I don't know about you but I am personally scared for my life, bush scared the hell out of me during a reelection term, imagine what he will do in a nonelection term
Wow. Buy a gun and move to Idaho.
post #80 of 109 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 09:19 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Botnst - 10/14/2004 6:52 AM

Quote:
KompressorV12 - 10/13/2004 7:57 PM

Wow. Buy a gun and move to Idaho.
You will need that gun there - they are all voting for Bush.

OBK #35

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in