Mother of Dead soldier berates Laura Bush, then is arrested - Page 7 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 08:27 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1986 300SDL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Mother of Dead soldier berates Laura Bush, then is arrested

Quote:
MRTIKKET - 9/18/2004 10:14 PM

dim bulb? Well maybe, but I think its just like business, surround yourself with top-notch talent. Jimmy Carter, in my mind, is a brilliant man. His Presidency was a catastrophe. He surrounded himself with hillbillies and assorted southern swindlers. Who could forget Bert Lance? In my mind, Nixon and Reagan were the 2 best Presidents in the 20th century.
So you think that Bush has surrounded himself with "top notch talent"? Like the guys that engineered the invasion of Iraq and whose only contingency plan was what to do with all the chocolates and flowers thrown at us? How about those rocket scientists that have increased the deficit and debt to record levels? On and on. This administration has been the single most secretive and probably criminal since Nixon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 08:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Quote:
MRTIKKET - 9/18/2004 9:59 PM

Jim. if there was a viable alternative to Bush, I'd be voting for him. 911 shook me to the core. My closest friend is Thai royalty. His great great whatever maternal grandfather was the King of Siam. He called me that afternoon looking for help, as nobody could tell him what happened to any of the Thai nationals at their offices in the WTC.I remember trying to get him info, as my father=in-law is w/the Justice Dept. The feeling of helplessness defines words. They all perished, we found days later. When Bush grabbed that megaphone at the twisted base of the WTC, I sure was glad a Republican, any Republican was in the White House. I respect your viewpoint, but I feel that no Democratic Candidate can or more exactly would keep us relatively safe. As far as the economy goes, I just worry about my family's economic outlook. I really don't give a rat's ass about the workers in the Kerry commercials saying they can't make it on $8 per hour. Work two jobs, start your own enterprise. We all can't drive a MB, Somebody's gotta talk to me at the drive-thru, and somebody's gotta flip my burger. It's Darwinian Theory- Survival of the fittest.
I understand what you are saying, but troubled by the general conclusion you reach that says essentially shooting blindly in response to being attacked is making us safer. I think there are too many of "them" and we don't have enough bullets to spare to be randomly shooting. There is a little more to this than stuffing a wad of socks in your flight suit and appearing on the deck of a carrier after being suckered into the mire we are in today and declaring "mission accomplished!"

There are skills necessary that GWB and his team just don't have if we want to lead the world. We can only get corrupt, poor countries to side with us now because we only know how to hand out dollars to get people to do our bidding. Our aid to these nations is like heroin. They cannot live without it and we know that, so we coerce them to act and say things that support us.

Europe used to be willingly and heavily influenced by America. GWB, however, forced them to learn to rely on themselves when he sent our troops into Iraq. The rift between America and these European countries generated huge rifts in their own populations - many, and likely the majority of their citizens, believed a strong relationship with the US was good for Europe and were not in favor of challenging Bush and company if it was going to damage that relationship. As it turns out, those challenging the US in France and Germany were right, the WMD thing was a scam, and there was no reason to attack Iraq. Now the part of their population that was not in favor of straining ties with America has joined that portion of the population behind the challenges because they feel they can no longer just believe something when an American President says it is so.

The point of all this is our safety is based on, and secured by, more than shooting random people for the sake of appearing tough on terror. We have to be wise and strong. We have to take control of this situation and stop reacting to Osama and his cohorts. Doing that requires some mental capabilities the Bush crowd has not shown. So, some may think we are safer because Bush is quick to draw, but in the end that will put us at risk. We have no choice but to figure them out and out smart them. I don't see that in the plan today or the realm of possiblities in the future with Bush. Jim
post #63 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 08:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2004

W126, God bless your wife and family! Unfortunately, many of the recent immigrants don't share her values. Don't get me started on immigrants. Suffice it to say many make me absolutely violent.. NO, NO, I've got to say it! Short story, went into my favorite ethnic deli for some cold-cuts. As I was parking, I noticed a beautiful new CL500 parking a spot ortwo away. I'm seriously contemplating one as my daily driver. Out gets out a giant guy, maybe 6'5" and 300+ pounds. Along w/him is what appears to be his 40ish wife, very pretty very well dressed. Then grandma gets out of the backseat. I say, Gee taking grandma to the store, (very frail). I figure, if this guy is in a CL, no problem for me as I am a pretty big guy but not as big as this mountain. I'm at the deli counter and they are next to me. Not a word of English, Russian, even to the girl behind the counter. Gold everywhere, watches, rings, earrings, very well tailored except grandma looks like a bag lady. Anyway, they end up directly in front of me at the small one line check-out with like 30 people in line. As the line gets closer to our turn, he pulls out a huge, I mean huge roll of bills, they have quite a bit of groceries, a really full cart. He takes a 20 from the roll, and puts the rest in his pocket. i'm dying toknow how the hell he's going to get this all for 20 bucks. The girl rings up his total, like over $120.00 grandma pulls out food stamps! The girl seperates a few things from the total that evidently, food stamps won't cover. He pays for these in cash out of the $20. Mystery solved.
post #64 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 09:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

i hope your story isn't just pointing at immigrants becasue I see the very thing done all the time by americans.

in political asylum
post #65 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 09:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

No, but they are a major part of our ills. Contrary to their beliefs, the whole idea is to work hard at pulling yourself up, not working hard at putting their financial problems on the rest of the population.
post #66 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 09:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
No, but they are a major part of our ills.
i can't believe you said that. america is made up mainly of immigrants, who encroched and destroyed a native way of life so unless you are Native (not just born here) you are part of the problem

in political asylum
post #67 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 09:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Recent immigrants
post #68 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 09:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite

I know a few recent immigrants and they are all hard working and successfull. You don't know what the guy's situation was. Food stamps are given out on the basis of income not necessarily on what kinda car one drives. Also, maybe the grandma wasn't related.. there are many other possibilities... so, the moral of this story is "don't judge the book by it's cover try to read a bit first."

in political asylum
post #69 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 09:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE

Quote:
mzsmbs - 9/18/2004 11:34 PM

Quote:
No, but they are a major part of our ills.
i can't believe you said that.
I can...

Mr. T,

I’m afraid I don’t quite understand the point of your story: are you saying immigrants are bad, public assistance is bad, or that immigrants abuse public assistance?
[?]
post #70 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 09:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Sheesh, blaming immigrants for our problems is silly. What is this, The Bill O'Reilly Show? That guy is a pig.
[:D][:(!]

in political asylum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in