Mother of Dead soldier berates Laura Bush, then is arrested - Page 15 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RE: Mother of Dead soldier berates Laura Bush, then is arrested

Quote:
Jake - 9/20/2004 8:48 AM

Quote:
kvining - 9/20/2004 1:06 AM

I tried to google this up on the web and on Counterpunch, and found nothing - can you post a link to this article?
contents in part of above link...

What is your response to the recent evidence that this war was waged on the basis of "misinformation"?

I wanted to rip the president's head off. Curse him, yell at him, call him a self righteous bastard and a lot of other words. I think if I had him in front of me I would shoot him in the groined area. Let him suffer. And just continue shooting him there. Put him through misery, like he's doing to everyone else. He doesn't deserve any better

Your text here
I don't know why a mother's reaction to losing a son in what she, and many of us, consider a stupendous waste, is so surprising to you. I would not expect her to act any different. I guess you are insinuating she is an assassin or some sort of low character. She is a mother who has lost her son. In fact, she's just another person whose soul has been ripped out by war, and unjust, unnecessary, illegal war. I don't blame her. I hope everyone on the forum reads the article refered to in Jake's link. I think is shows the utterly stupity and waste of this war better than I ever could.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 07:38 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Vehicle: 1988 420SEL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
kvining - 9/20/2004 8:03 AM

Quote:
Jake - 9/20/2004 8:48 AM

Quote:
kvining - 9/20/2004 1:06 AM

I tried to google this up on the web and on Counterpunch, and found nothing - can you post a link to this article?
contents in part of above link...

What is your response to the recent evidence that this war was waged on the basis of "misinformation"?

I wanted to rip the president's head off. Curse him, yell at him, call him a self righteous bastard and a lot of other words. I think if I had him in front of me I would shoot him in the groined area. Let him suffer. And just continue shooting him there. Put him through misery, like he's doing to everyone else. He doesn't deserve any better

Your text here
I don't know why a mother's reaction to losing a son in what she, and many of us, consider a stupendous waste, is so surprising to you. I would not expect her to act any different. I guess you are insinuating she is an assassin or some sort of low character. She is a mother who has lost her son. In fact, she's just another person whose soul has been ripped out by war, and unjust, unnecessary, illegal war. I don't blame her. I hope everyone on the forum reads the article refered to in Jake's link. I think is shows the utterly stupity and waste of this war better than I ever could.

I dont think that she is an assassin: I think that she is a mother who is anguished over the death of her son. Subsequently, when she makes a statement such as above (which by the way is against federal law, no matter what president is in office), she should be kept away from places where she could act out her comments.

My problem with the lady is that she makes political hay with her son's death. Like it or not, he was a member of the Army, an officer. He went through officer training just like the hundreds of thousands before him. He knew what he was getting into and he knew the risks involved. He was trained to be a leader. I am very sorry that he died, and died so soon after arriving in country. However wars are not safe environments for the participants. We have lost over a thousand in the time we have been in Iraq and each life counts for something. The sacrifice of each soldier is to be remembered, they are what keeps our country free. Let us put the number in perspective though: We lost more men than this in one TRAINING exercise for D-Day. The British lost 20,000 men in the Battle of The Somme IN ONE DAY. This does not lessen the sacrifice of our dead in Iraq, but we are not bleeding out a generation either. Everyone there is a volunteer and is such a professional aware of the possible conseqences of service. Be you Active service, Reserves or National Guard, you know that from the minute you raise your hand and swear to uphold and defend the Constitution from "All enemies, foreign and domestic", you may give your life doing so. No one wants to die, but it is a fact of service. I saw my share of death during my 20 years, but was fortunate enough to come through unscathed. However, I assure you, if I had died NO ONE in my family would be claiming to the media that I did not know what I was taking the risk of doing.

Shoot Low Boys, They're Riding Shetland Ponies
post #143 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

But Jake, they are not "keeping us free". If they were, it would not be a stupendous waste, it would be an unfortunate necessity of defending a democracy, and that gives solace and purpose to the berieved. That is the difference between a just war, like WW II, and an unjust war, like this one. These soldiers are not fighting to keep us free, they are fighting to achieve the aims a particular politcal party who has adopted the neo-con philosophy, which dictates that America must build a new nation in Iraq, a puppet nation under the control of the US. It is an idea doomed to failure. There is nothing in any of that that keeps us free. If it is a question of increasing our security, a simple large American base in the area, in Kurdistan, right smack in the middle of it all, whose people would welcome us, would serve the same purpose. The only purpose here being served is that of oil companies and political ideologues, the cause of freedom is not. More and more of these people being faced with the consequences of this stupendous folly are starting to speak out. I commend this women.

post #144 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 08:54 AM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
JimSmith - 9/19/2004 11:25 PM

American,

Wow, MedMech, what a name!

So, just shooting back, regardless of its effectiveness after 9/11 is better than actually formulating a plan and getting the bastards responsible for 9/11? I guess we are killing people in response, and that is sufficient for some. Jim
As usual Jim you're wrong, Howitzer is Medmech everyone knows that. I looked up RUDP and its a computer term, now do the math.

If you want to make stupid false accusations about me please give me the courtesy of a PM or something.

I'm on this forum 5 minutes and I think it sucks already I hope you guys stay here.
post #145 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 08:55 AM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
JimSmith - 9/19/2004 11:25 PM

American,

Wow, MedMech, what a name!

So, just shooting back, regardless of its effectiveness after 9/11 is better than actually formulating a plan and getting the bastards responsible for 9/11? I guess we are killing people in response, and that is sufficient for some. Jim
As usual Jim you're wrong, Howitzer is Medmech everyone knows that. I looked up RUDP and its a computer term, now do the math.

If you want to make stupid false accusations about me please give me the courtesy of a PM or something.

I'm on this forum 5 minutes and I think it sucks already I hope you guys stay here.
post #146 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 09:43 AM
BenzWorld Member

I have a picture of a little girl at a Kerry rally who is crying because a bunch of Kerry supporters ripped a Bush sign out of her hands.

Each party's rallys are inhospitable to protesters from other parties,and protestors inside the rallies are liable to be, at best, booed off, and at worst, hauled off for creating a disruption. Is this really a shock to anyone? Does anyone really believe one party is innocent of this problem, and the other guilty?
post #147 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

The guy at the Kerry rally was exposed as a fraud. He goes around to dem rally's pulling stunts like that, has gotten three differnet news articles written about him in the past three elections, all about the same kid of stunts, and the "reporter" who snapped the pic turned out to be a pal of his, suggesting the whole thing was staged for the right wing newspaper they both were associated with. He's a publicty hound at best or a Rove dirty tricks guy at worst.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200409170013

I also don't see the comparision. No one in his famiily died because of Kerry, and neither he or the little girl were dragged off in handcuffs. My biggest question is why Ms. Bush didn't intervene to see to it the women was treated in accordance to her unfortunate status. You should attend a dem rally. Protestors are tolerated a heck of a lot better than they are at the intolerant Repub rallies. Kerry has even been willing to engage the hecklers in debate.
post #148 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 12:27 PM
BenzWorld Member

Hmm... either it's a right-wing conspiracy, a media conspiracy, or political rallies are consistently inhospitable to protestors from the opposition. Sad thing is, it's hard to say which is more likely.
post #149 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-20-2004, 05:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE

“Keeping us free…�

Boy, that’s a tough one to sallow. It reminds me of the First Gulf War when to be anti-war as to be anti-troop. This of course in the First Gulf War was the Vietnam Syndrome manifesting itself: millions of Americans, guilty over the shabby treatment of the Vietnam veterans as they came home, made sure that the troops were well respected. We seeing much of that now: to be critical of the war, the president, or the pentagon is to in some way cheapen the sacrifice of over a thousand young American men. For many to say the war is wrong is to say those thousand plus died for nothing, there are too many Americans who can’t deal with that.
post #150 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-21-2004, 01:06 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

MedMech/Howitzer,

If you are not "American" as was suggested in another thread, ignore the first two lines of my post (and that is not a reference to your citizenship, so don't let that send you into the doldrums). They would be meaningless in that case. In fact, if you ignore everything I write I can't see how that would hurt you or me. I was not trying to be malicious, I was just poking fun. Other than that, seems you are a overly sensitive about the subject. At least I didn't say you were MRTICKRIT.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in