Mother of Dead soldier berates Laura Bush, then is arrested - Page 13 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 09:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
RE: Mother of Dead soldier berates Laura Bush, then is arrested

American,

Wow, MedMech, what a name!

So, just shooting back, regardless of its effectiveness after 9/11 is better than actually formulating a plan and getting the bastards responsible for 9/11? I guess we are killing people in response, and that is sufficient for some. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 09:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
American - 9/19/2004 11:08 PM

Without 9/11 our president woudn't be taking the actions overseas.
With out 9/11 the president would not be running for reelection.

For thousands of years governments have used war to distract the population from actual problems, manifest support for the Leader, and use the war to attack opponents for being “unpatriotic.�

I don’t take kindly to being manipulated and played for a fool by my government and then threatened for objecting to being manipulated and played for a fool by my government.

I want my government to prosecute a war against terror by attacking the actual terrorists – however dull and tedious that my be – sans “shock and awe,� where foreign governments and/or agents are making arrests. A true war against terror will be prolonged; it will last decades and see many different administrations of both parties come and go – the war against terror is the new Cold War.
post #123 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 09:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
American - 9/19/2004 10:08 PM

mzsmbs, I understand you are saying you have lost all faith in our current president. I doubt I can say anything that would effect change in your position.

I do think it is fair to say 9/11 was a day that terrorism declared war on us. Do you not think we should react? Or do you think we should but have a different strategy. Anything we do will lead to loss of precious life so it seems. But do we stand by and let terrorism like that of 9/11 rule the world? I doubt your answer is going to be yes to that. People who think we aren't in a time of war with or without Iraq being a pivot point are mistaken gravely as I see. Without 9/11 our president woudn't be taking the actions overseas. We have 9/11 and the terrorists to blame from the start.
My american buddy,

well, I am open to new ideas and am open to changing my mind but just have not seen anything that would sway my op.

Of course Osama and his cohorts started this whole mess but shrub perpetuated it into what it is today, a quagmire in IRQ. I was just fine with US forces going to Afganistan and taking care of that sob but i think we missed the golden op to really root out evil by getting side tracked in baghdad. The terrorists existed in Afganistan and Pakistan not in IRQ. Sad, as big of an a-hole that he was, was not at all threatening to US or Islrael, or house of Saud, or Turkey, or Iran, or Syria or Jordan. We weren't and aren't fighting terrorism there. It's an insurgency. That's what peeps do when their home is being attacked by an imperial power. I'd probably would have been somewhat OK with it all if we went in there to free the Irqs from the oppression of the Baathists but we went there after WMDs which we all know now was just a smoke screen.

I also have a problem with America pushing its views on others just like I hate bible thumpers. It's not really American IMO. What is American though, is acceptence, cooperation, leadership, compassion which I just don't see at this time...Hatred and violence is all that's being purpotrated here....

whoooh, I am out of "breath"....

in political asylum
post #124 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 10:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2004

American, I'd like to answer your questions. I have had wonderful experiences with immigrants and some really awful ones too. Over all, the bad far outweighs the good,specifically with recent Eastern European immigrants. In my mind, they are virtually all pure scum. I have many friends in Germany do to business, and after the wall fell, they were inundated with East Berlin animals. If you ask any West Berliner, they will tell you that they miss the wall. Crime has increased and can can be directly attributed to these thugs. Now they have found their way here. Just Wonderful! At least I made a 150% profit, fleeing from them at my winter residence.

As to Iraq, so far I've lost 3 who were very close to me, all young Marines. I am not happy with our present role in Iraq, but one thing I'm sure of, is that getting out now is not the answer.

kvining should be happy to know, that my one very close friend is now a Kerry convert, as are his parents. He is paralyzed from the neck down, an Iraq war Marine now on full disability. His stepdad, a former Marine, and his mother also have crossed over from supporting Bush and the troops. During the war everything was gung-ho, now it's all Kerry.

Talk about emotion ruling your decisions!

By the way, kvining's writing style irritates me too.
post #125 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 10:44 PM
BenzWorld Member

Sorry, I am not understanding this reply at all.

Quote:
JimSmith - 9/19/2004 11:25 PM

American,

Wow, MedMech, what a name!

So, just shooting back, regardless of its effectiveness after 9/11 is better than actually formulating a plan and getting the bastards responsible for 9/11? I guess we are killing people in response, and that is sufficient for some. Jim
post #126 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Your outed!!!
post #127 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 10:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Is that "You're Outed, Comrade Medmech!"

I am not understanding your need to assume new name at allm comrade.
post #128 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 10:58 PM
BenzWorld Member

"Talk about emotion ruling your decisions!"

This is a bad way for anyone to go who is trying to communicate effectively. I thinkj I see a lot of seemingly true hatred in posts on this site in just one day. Imitation may be flatery but ill meant sacrasm builds more walls of hatred than forward motion.

As far as I can tell some posters points are just passing overhead and never reach their destination. But if this is the way of the Romans here then I guess we are getting some reward from it. I feel bad for the poor lady in the stands if she is legitimate. She is no example to follow though. Many soldiers have died, does that give one the right to be rude and disruptive or break the laws. I still say no.
post #129 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 11:01 PM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: 1986 300SDL

Quote:
American - 9/20/2004 12:58 AM

"Talk about emotion ruling your decisions!"

This is a bad way for anyone to go who is trying to communicate effectively. I thinkj I see a lot of seemingly true hatred in posts on this site in just one day. Imitation may be flatery but ill meant sacrasm builds more walls of hatred than forward motion.

As far as I can tell some posters points are just passing overhead and never reach their destination. But if this is the way of the Romans here then I guess we are getting some reward from it. I feel bad for the poor lady in the stands if she is legitimate. She is no example to follow though. Many soldiers have died, does that give one the right to be rude and disruptive or break the laws. I still say no.
Bot,
There are many effective drugs for multiple personality disorders.
post #130 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 11:04 PM
BenzWorld Member

Not sure what you are saying but I seriously doubt President Bush has a multiple personality disorder without the press jumping on that one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in