Mother of Dead soldier berates Laura Bush, then is arrested - Page 12 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 08:35 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Mother of Dead soldier berates Laura Bush, then is arrested

"That's not hate, its my observation of the facts. Instead of addressing the points at hand, you give me some tit story, supposedly to exemplfy me. Give me a break, and get back to me when you want to discuss the issues instead of being obsessed with me."

Maybe I am mistaken, but your writing style seems that of someone who is very angry and easily set off. The style itself distracts from the point at hand. That is the point I was making in my last paragraph. I am not saying that is a fact but it seems distracting. It may be just the way you write. I find it a little distracting and detracting from your arguments especially when there is a lot of sarcasms in the type.

" you give me some tit story"

Sorry but I do not understand what this means. Is this a typo? Nevermind. It seems I am losing your patience in my writing style also. Let's just let it go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 08:36 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Quote:
American - 9/19/2004 7:28 PM

I wonder how many of those parents would still vote for President Bush if it turned out Iraq was critical to the war on terror.
GW tried real hard to make that case and failed miserably. Had he succeeded, my own opinion would have softened considerably.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #113 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 08:44 PM
BenzWorld Member

"GW tried real hard to make that case and failed miserably. Had he succeeded, my own opinion would have softened considerably. - Germanstar

Yes, it looks like there were no weapons of mass destruction unless they were moved out of the country I guess. I thought I read something along the lines that we were possibly moving on to Iran as our occupation is Iraq is waning. It may be for the same reason - weapons of Mass Destr. More kids on the offering plate - heavan forbid. Just saying that makes me feel ill. In this day and age why dont we have robots or something to fight it out like those technology channels. Sounds goofy I know.
post #114 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 08:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

tit story: so i am guessing that you are saying that there must be something good about the shrub. what is it? could you indulge me, please? I've tried over the last 4 years to come up with something in that category but I haven't been able to find it. Shrub seems to only exemplify the evil and corruption which really is a bummer because it reflect so badly on this great country and the whole idea of freedom.
US has lost it's moral ground in the eyes of the rest of the world as well as mine...

in political asylum
post #115 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 08:59 PM
BenzWorld Member

Other folks in other countries don't vote in November.
post #116 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 09:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Quote:
American - 9/19/2004 10:28 PM

I think alot of people would agree with that. It may be the decision of many voters. I am sure there are many fathers and mothers who did not believe in his war and may even vote him out over fear for their family. I don't have any siblings of that age group. I have a nephew who is around the age of draft though. I is not the same as an immediate family member. I am sure it depends how close you are to them. I wonder how many of those parents would still vote for President Bush if it turned out Iraq was critical to the war on terror.
I think it is possible to identify with other human beings subjected to stress and turmoil, even if they are not blood relatives. It is apparent this is not a universal trait though, which is the point of this thread as I understood it.

Your last sentence brings back memories of my father telling me, when I hypothesized some circumstances that would make a dumb mistake I made not so bad, "If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass." After hearing this a number of times I caught on to his point. Jim
post #117 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 09:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
American - 9/19/2004 9:44 PM
In this day and age why dont we have robots or something to fight it out like those technology channels. Sounds goofy I know.
shock and awe...tritan... tanks with AC... un-manned drones... welcome to XXI century...[8D]

in political asylum
post #118 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 09:02 PM
BenzWorld Member

Noncitizens don't vote in November.

My vote does not depend on somebody elses opinion of anything. That's why its an individual, secret ballot rather than a group-think party ballot.

I vote my conscience, not somebody elses.
post #119 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 09:03 PM
BenzWorld Member

Noncitizens don't vote in November.

My vote does not depend on somebody elses opinion of anything. That's why its an individual, secret ballot rather than a group-think party ballot.

I vote my conscience, not somebody elses.
post #120 of 150 (permalink) Old 09-19-2004, 09:08 PM
BenzWorld Member

mzsmbs, I understand you are saying you have lost all faith in our current president. I doubt I can say anything that would effect change in your position.

I do think it is fair to say 9/11 was a day that terrorism declared war on us. Do you not think we should react? Or do you think we should but have a different strategy. Anything we do will lead to loss of precious life so it seems. But do we stand by and let terrorism like that of 9/11 rule the world? I doubt your answer is going to be yes to that. People who think we aren't in a time of war with or without Iraq being a pivot point are mistaken gravely as I see. Without 9/11 our president woudn't be taking the actions overseas. We have 9/11 and the terrorists to blame from the start.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in