Bush economy going back into the toilet - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 12:22 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Bush economy going back into the toilet

On the contrary. I see your point. I, on the other hand, live in the highly congested Chicago area, and would really like the roads emptied out by people driving who should be riding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 12:43 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2003
Vehicle: 84 230CE & 84 300DT

Quote:
MRTIKKET - 9/17/2004 11:22 PM

On the contrary. I see your point. I, on the other hand, live in the highly congested Chicago area, and would really like the roads emptied out by people driving who should be riding.
A good point that is valid. I wonder though how many people who work in Chicago have to drive in from the surrounding areas?
I live in a rural part of Clark County in Washington but I commute to downtown Portland Oregon where I work. I would never consider living in Portland. The taxes are too high and the politics and shenanigans of the city make me sick. Many of my co-workers live in the outlying areas like I do and have to commute the same manner I do.

~DJ~

1984 300D 173K with 145K on engine

1984 230CE

OBK #29

post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

"bus people" is a code phrase for "black people"
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 01:16 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE

Mr. Bush will be easily reelected – thanks to 9/11. It won’t be a landslide but he’ll have a comfortable margin of victory. The Republicans will continue to control Congress. Never since the American Civil War has a single event so radically changed the political landscape. The Democrats will continue to wander in the wilderness for at least the next 20 years.

post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

I think its a crap shoot. I work as a statistician, and I can tell you right now the polls vary so widely in their results, the only thing you can conclude is the electorate is off the wall. Right now I think Bush as peaked, and peaking early in an election is not good. He is stuck in a bad place. He can't send more troops to Iraq until after the election, and at the same time Iraq is coming apart because we don't have enough troops. He is also afraid of the debates, and is trying to get them down to a measly two debates, and as we get closer to the debates he is going to get hammered for that. On the plus side, he could not have been luckier to draw Kerry as an opponent. Kerry is finally showing some sign of getting his act together, but the Dems should have went with an Edwards/Clark ticket or, my prefrence, run Gore again as the-I-told-you-so candidate. Kerry has to get his ox out of the ditch, fast.

post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 04:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Nope, bus people really pertain to the losers in this world who drive crappy shitboxes and clog up traffic. Lately they comprise a cross section of recent immigrants, mostly from Eastern Europe, Poland & Russia in particular. Throw in the Mexican illegals and Arabs and there you go, bus people. As for people in my area driving in from more rural areas, I have no sympathy. They see affordable housing in the middle of nowhere, buy it then complain about the long commute. I bought a place like that for the weekend on a beautiful lake, but I wouldn't want to make the hour or so drive on a daily basis.
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 04:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Kirk,

Your decoder ring for "bus people" was a little narrow. It is apparently any and all people he considers undesireable from afar. Jim
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 06:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Jim - Yes, absolutely! LOL! Something we agree on!
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 07:21 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2003
Vehicle: 84 230CE & 84 300DT

Quote:
MRTIKKET - 9/18/2004 3:21 PM

Nope, bus people really pertain to the losers in this world who drive crappy shitboxes and clog up traffic. Lately they comprise a cross section of recent immigrants, mostly from Eastern Europe, Poland & Russia in particular. Throw in the Mexican illegals and Arabs and there you go, bus people. As for people in my area driving in from more rural areas, I have no sympathy. They see affordable housing in the middle of nowhere, buy it then complain about the long commute. I bought a place like that for the weekend on a beautiful lake, but I wouldn't want to make the hour or so drive on a daily basis.
Not everyone is as fortunate and rich as you are that can afford more than one house. I'm also assuming you live in a nice neighborhood near where you work. It's the American dream to be able to even afford a house. These so called bus people you are calling that are clogging the roads in Chicago are probably at least trying to get to work and get their American dream. Show a little compassion for these people who are at least making an effort to work and not sit on welfare.
When I sit in traffic I notice that it's mainly one occupant in the car. The solution to the problem would be to encourage carpooling, not cram people into public transportation and heard them like cattle.

~DJ~

1984 300D 173K with 145K on engine

1984 230CE

OBK #29

post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-18-2004, 07:51 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Quote:
MRTIKKET - 9/17/2004 11:22 PM

If you don't like the congestion, move -- it worked for me. Chicago has the only expressway I've ever seen that's almost guaranteed to be bumper to bumper and cause you to come to a dead stop at some point -- any time or night or day -- what a nightmare.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in