post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The Forgery Mystery

CBS news has done something today that has led me to conclude that the mysterious Guard documents are probably fake. They have refused to reveal the source of documents. In addition, an examination by a credible source, The Washington Post, using credible science has concluded they are fakes. Personnally, I think CBS has destroyed itself as a news source. Heck of a way for Dan Rather to end his career. Here is the Post investigation:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5993683/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 08:11 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
RE: The Forgery Mystery

That's absolutely pathetic -- kind reminds me of the OJ trial. A strong and largely accurate case marred by improper evidence and tampering. [:(!]

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

If CBS does not reveal its source, we will never know who perpertrated this, something that would actually be a campaign issue. I can't see how they can claim journalistic privilege on their source here if the source committed fraud. The only conclusion I can reach is that CBS is stonewalling. They deserve the fate that awaits them. Now that the Post has come down on the side that these are fake, CBS will no longer be viewed as credible by either side. Their only hope is to reveal the source and make a story out of how they got played.

I have been under the errorneous impression that the source was known. Once I read that it was not, the whole case for them being genuine unravels.

post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 08:34 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

The CBS producer who obtained the forgeries is notorious for not revealing sources. I wouldn't get my hopes up......

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 08:38 AM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: '98 E300 Turbodiesel
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
kvining - 9/14/2004 10:20 AM

If CBS does not reveal its source, we will never know who perpertrated this, something that would actually be a campaign issue.
I think it was the Swifties or the RNC (or are they the same). Aren't they the root of all evil??
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 11:05 AM
BenzWorld Member

For the longest time I’ve felt our political system was a dictatorship by a majority of uniformed, self interested and mislead voters controlled by the same Madison Ave. hype that drives consumers to want and even feel need for a materialism that slowly eats them up. This year’s politics is like watching a chess match where the rules are made after a move is made. <hats on> This document thing could become a screenplay, and looks like a torpedo to the bow of the Kerry team. A no win for Kerry unless somehow it comes out that it’s a ruse from “Shrub�. Unless something happens to point how Afghanistan has caved because of the effort pointed too Iraq, or Crude begins it’s move before the election and puts financial markets in a free fall – “Shrub� wins big <hats off>
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 11:22 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D

[xx(] Truly pathetic. If it's something the Kerry campaign orchestrated, it puts them on equal footing with Rove and SBVT in my mind. If the Demos lose the election because of crap like that, maybe they deserve it. There is absolutely no need to manufacture documents like that; there is already so much evidence Bush lied about his "service", why jeopardize the high ground?

OBK #35

post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 11:22 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
crash9 - 9/14/2004 12:05 PM

Unless something happens to point how Afghanistan has caved because of the effort pointed too Iraq, or Crude begins it’s move before the election and puts financial markets in a free fall – “Shrub� wins big <hats off>
Isn't that's what going on now?

Man, more blood bath in Irq and it doesn't seem to be slowing down at all, an it actually has been the opposite. The Afgani front it stepping up and the markets have hit another "soft patch." [8)] Oel is going up due to Ivan the terrible in some respect but happenings in the middle east aren't helping.

in political asylum
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 11:27 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

as to the forgery,

well, i watched some kinda program on the docukents last night and they were really trying hard to prove they were real. i got a feeling they were trying just a bit too hard. So, who knows. Anything is possible nowadays.

If they are fake I really don't think they are swift. Just doesn't seem logical. they do (the docs)point to their man[xx(] afterall...[:o)]

in political asylum
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 01:16 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
mzsmbs - 9/14/2004 1:22 PM
Isn't that's what going on now?
Not really, or at least not to the level I’m thinking. The media gets a rap for being liberal, but really they’re in the business of giving people what they want, and adding a little bias. Right now to rag on Iraq so close to the election, with most people supporting what they think we’re doing there would not serve anyone’s cause well. Bill Moyers and Amy Goodman will always be putting that kind of stuff out to their listeners, but the majors need to get along with the powers that be. What I mean is a major incident that comes from Afghanistan and incontrovertibly points to why we should have never dropped the pressure there. As for oil, I’m talking about a truly massive move that is just laying in the weeds, and won’t begin until winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in