post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RE: The Forgery Mystery

webwench, your here just in time for my surrender.

http://www.civilwarhome.com/grantlee.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 03:24 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is a day that shall go down in the annals of history ;)

I'm wiping a tear from my eye, seriously...
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Well, don't get too emotional - I think the jury is still out and a slim possibility exists they could be found genuine, but CBS's actions make it highly unlikely the documents are genuine. If they won't allow the establishment of a chain of custody from where they came from and they won't allow independent analysis in a situation like this then the documents are most likely forged. acting the way they are seems designed to allow them to counter any challenge to the authenticity of the documents on technical grounds. That is connivance. They have convicted themselves. Edward R Murrow must be spinning in his grave. Rather has truly proven himself to be more than an ass. I think it is time for CBS to clean out the geriatric ward over there.
post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 05:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
Uniwhale - 9/14/2004 10:38 AM

Quote:
kvining - 9/14/2004 10:20 AM

If CBS does not reveal its source, we will never know who perpertrated this, something that would actually be a campaign issue.
I think it was the Swifties or the RNC (or are they the same). Aren't they the root of all evil??
Nay, Narly One, they're merely a corporeal manifestation of a non-resident demonic entity, the source parallel dimension of whom, a vaporous abyss inhabited by various undifferentiated encubi, collectively known as the "Halliburton".

Botnst
post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 05:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Forget politics for a nanosecond and think about this thing that has happened.

One of the most respected news sources in history is engaged in what it has dogged the gov about since Nixon--stonewalling and covering-up.

In my estimation, it is not yet a done-deal that the papers are fake. I haven't the expertise nor interest in finding-out. But nobody can deny taht there's a serious problem with CBS' handling of this mess. I've got enough respect for Dan Rather that i don't think he would release stuff that he had any suspicion was not demonstrably true. I think he'd delight in zapping Bush or any Repo. But he's up-front on his bias so that doesn't bother me too much, either.

Here's the story that the whole world of news media is falling all over themselves NOT to report: CBS' staff knowingly or unknowingly published material that is not demonstrably truthful and that could affect the election of both candidates. The rest of the news media, including Foxnews, is letting CBS get away with it, pretty much. Oh, they report and tut-tut, but have you heard any of them go after CBS--chasing them down the roads, hang around outside their homes, etc? No.

If it were any other corporation, oh say--Halliburton, that had this much influence on the electorate the news media would be on them like stink on poopoo. Is CBS, a corporation, above the scrutiny they place on ENRON? Why?

Bot
post #16 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 05:51 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think the rest of the news media is careful about being dragged into the briar patch. The docs have not been demonstrated conclusivly to be forgeries or authentic.

As for their providence, I thought they were released from the pentagon as part of CBS's FOIA suit, but may be wrong on that.

Forum killa

You have been banned for the following reason:
insulting mod

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #17 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 05:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Quote:
w126 - 9/14/2004 6:54 PM

Like a shamed Geraldo after the empty vault incident, maybe Rather will go over to Fox! [:p]
Now that should have happened a long time ago. 60 Minutes is a cash cow for CBS, and they have been notoriously sloppy, encroaching on the line between reporting news and making news, a number of times. When it is Andy Rooney, it is not the same as Dan Rather or one of their other "reporters." The Audi report on unintended acceleration was a clear case of making up science fiction explanations and foisting them off as reasonable. The discipline to get it right or not report it has had its ups and downs across the news industry.

If these documents turn out to be fake and CBS does not participate willingly in the subsequent investigation to uncover how they came about the CBS news organization should be put to rest. Jim

PS, Webwench, sorry if I offended you last time around. I will try not to allow it to happen again. Jim
post #18 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 05:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
koop - 9/14/2004 7:51 PM

I think the rest of the news media is careful about being dragged into the briar patch. The docs have not been demonstrated conclusivly to be forgeries or authentic.

As for their providence, I thought they were released from the pentagon as part of CBS's FOIA suit, but may be wrong on that.
You ain't the only killa, koop. There's plenty of mustard for the hotdog.
post #19 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Uniwhale - 9/14/2004 10:38 AM

Quote:
kvining - 9/14/2004 10:20 AM

If CBS does not reveal its source, we will never know who perpertrated this, something that would actually be a campaign issue.
I think it was the Swifties or the RNC (or are they the same). Aren't they the root of all evil??
The guy who did it is obvious. There is a fellow who claimed he saw Bush's pals in tbe guard destroy documents that would have shown Bush was reprimanded for disobeying an order, something he should have been court martialed for and would have ruined any career in politcs. CBS also said the same guy helped them "authenticate" the documents. I would bet he did the forgeries. THe guy was actually supposed to be an officer with an upstanding rep, and he got dragged into politics when he related this story back in Texas, when it first surfaced in Bush's gubernatorial campaign. Rove and company really savaged this guy.

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 07-22-2010 at 12:09 PM.
post #20 of 62 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
koop - 9/14/2004 7:51 PM

That's were CBS screwed up. The Associated Press unearthed all kinds of documents using a Freedom oF Information lawsuit, and they all came from the Pentagon, and they are all damaging to Bush. When I first started arguing this with webwench, I was under the same impression as you, 5that that is where these two documents came from. CBS tried to outscoop the AP, and came up with this mess, two documents from an anonymous source, a few days afterwoods. In the 60 minutes show, they showcased the AP documents with these two "smoking gun" documents, and out stink on all of them, also leaving an impression they were part of the AP set. Pretty good argument for why this could be a Rove operation. He's done one pretty much like that before, when he bugged his own office in a gubnatorial campaign. So the mystery continues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in