LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
remembering my first love.....

My english teacher had us write a paper about anything we wanted. I chose to write about my first car, 88' 560 sel. This is a rough draft, so i know there are obvious errors. thought I'd share it with you guys......

SUNNY SATURDAY DRIVE

As I awaken, I feel the sudden urge to be liberated from the binds of my systematic day. I have a need to venture into the sun-drenched abyss known as Southern California at the wheel of a vehicle fit for the wealthiest of men. After readying myself for this momentous day of aimless driving, I slowly, tenderly uncover my beloved 1988 Mercedes 560 SEL, affectionately named Bismarck due to its German battleship qualities. I found its beauty to be unsurpassable. However, most noticed many of the German battleship’s faults, such as the light smell of Afro Sheen, which I attributed to the previous owner, and the sagging rear suspension, caused by the owner’s four-hundred pound companion. Another slight defect was the paint, though beautiful from twenty feet away, a closer look told the tale of being deserted in a place so ungodly scorching that people must have been paid to live there. Despite the obvious imperfections, I was not fazed. The reason I was so passionately obsessed with my land yacht was the driving experience.
Feeling as if I am the king of the world, I settle myself into the luscious, supple leather and command the gas-thirsty V8 to come to life. At this point, I know the day is going to be terrific when the car actually starts on the first attempt. Smiling ear to ear, I shift into gear and begin my epic journey into the unknown. Every drive taken in Bismarck is an adventure. Perhaps the reason for this is because once the 6000lb behemoth had taken its sweet time reaching highway cruising speeds, the weary suspension and nearly bald tires made eighty miles per hour seem as sensational as time travel. Once I had become satisfied with the eventful time I had logged on the interstate, I knew it was that time of night to cruise to the mall, with cool blue neon lights synchronized to my music of course, and showcase my coveted possession to every envious bystander. Though my comrade appeared to be embarrassed, I assured her that the longing stares I was attracting were surely due to jealousy.
After my several hour odyssey, I arrived home and promptly re-covered Bismarck. Seemingly for hours I longingly, lovingly stared at the enormous covered shape in my driveway. However, as all good things have a tendency to do, those days are long gone. I now must suffer with a new car, one with untouched, virgin paint, an efficient, strong engine, and one that gets to high speeds so quickly it occasionally frightens me. I will never forget my beloved Bismarck, the times we had, every time I actually slept in it, and how many incredibly foolish things we had done. Wherever that beast of a vehicle is, I would be amazed if the owner is cherishing it half as much as I did.

uni black 2001 vw golf 1.8T 5 spd

sold but not forgotten....
'88 560 sel, champagner metallic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-22-2004, 07:57 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 98 BMW 528i
Send a message via AIM to Jamison
RE: remembering my first love.....

that sounds pretty kick ass. I wish my teachers would let us write about cars!![:D]
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Apr 2004
(Thread Starter)
RE: remembering my first love.....

yea, i'm jacking my own thread lol, but nice car jamison, I thought I'd be the only dubber on here [:D]

uni black 2001 vw golf 1.8T 5 spd

sold but not forgotten....
'88 560 sel, champagner metallic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in