LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 10:56 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2004
Vehicle: 911Cab,944 Race car,
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Fahrenheit 911

Funny, it has been proven, over and over again the Bush didn't lie, but worker drones are to ignorant to believe facts, just out of context bull shit!! The is a reason why those who own/run business vote for Bush, while those who cry and wine about what everyone else has are going to vote for the trail lawyers

Quote:
Chuck V - 7/23/2004 8:54 AM

Quote:
Most of his movie is lies
I agree, lies of the Bush administration!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2004, 11:31 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: '04 E55 Tectite

http://fahrenheit_fact.blogspot.com/

http://www.moorelies.com

http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723

http://www.moorewatch.com

Moore is brilliant when it comes to creating some pretty compelling propaganda. As for being truthful, well that's another story. I just finished MICHAEL MOORE IS A BIG FAT STUPID WHITE MAN. Very good read. Debunks just about every work he's ever put out.

I remember when Moore's movie was released he claimed he had a legal team ready to file liable suits on anyone who tries to refute this movie. How are those suits coming along? Haven't heard much on that.

'04 E55 AMG
'04 Yukon Denali
'02 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
'94 928 GTS (SOLD)
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 05:43 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 1989 420sel

Hehehehe...

engnenk:
If you re-read my post I do say that the 1st Amendment protects him. My daughter-in-law just got back from Iraq and my son is in Korea helping to protect that right. I would fight to the death to protect it and all the other rights we have (and he takes for granted).

You say I would gag him. Sounds like you want to gag me... Last time I checked I have freedom of speach also. And I exercised it.

Propaganda is just that - data taken out of context and twisted to get people won over to your side of thinking, however damaging it may be. The first thing that comes to mind when I see the BS he's peddling is 1939 Germany. If your open-minded enough just think about it... A lot of correlation exists.

You may not agree with me but I still have the right to say what I feel. But a typical flaming liberal will still try to twist things around to get me to shut up...

And I'm sure you'll prove my point.

Have a nice day!

91 BMW 325i Cabrio - "Tasha"
89 MB 420sel - "Helga"
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 06:22 PM
BenzWorld Member

According to Larry Elder, this article, Debunking F911, was written by 17-year-old Brittany Craigo. Her age is largely irrelevant though: it's a damned good article.

http://www.larryelder.com/911/debunking911.html

Even a 17-year-old can see through the lies. I dare you to read it. Double-dare!

Facts are facts... Try to twist them...

'nuff said.

89 MB 420sel - "Helga"
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 09:43 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: 1980 250GD Cabrio

Perhaps Jamminjames has a guily conscience. I never asked him to shut up. Acualy, I enjoy reading what the ess open minded have to say. My gag comment was purely about the traitor comment. And a good day to you too.

1979 250 GD Cabrio - A very unique machine consisting of a prototype G frame (the only one known to have escaped the factory alive) paired up with a 250D engine. 5 speed transmission (the same one used in the Sprinter van). These are coupled with a prototype 463 Cabrio body that replaced the old rusty 460 Cabrio body. Body is unique in that the tailgate opens like a door on a stationwagon rather than like a truck tailgate. The latest addition is the Schmude 5 piece hardtop that gives plenty of flexibility without having to remove the entire hardtop for open air driving.

1981 300TD

1980 230 GE Cabrio (SOLD)
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 11:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2002
Vehicle: '08 Acura MDX

Quote:
Chuck V - 7/23/2004 9:36 PM
Proven? Over and over???? The only thing that has been proven beyond a doubt is that the case Bush made to support the war was for the most part not true. Bush told the American people things that were not true but he didn't lie? Now who is taking things out of context? He had a duty, before committing hundreds of billions of dollars and thousand of American lives, to make sure that he had good information. If Bush and his staff were too stupid to tell that there sources were blowing smoke, they do not deserve to be in office. If it’s not a case of stupidity and they knowingly brought forth a flimsy case to justify a war, they should be prosecuted.
Well said!

Actually, I thought it was just the sequel to this ...

But they're complete opposites! Who knew?

[:D][:D]

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 03:34 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: '04 E55 Tectite

Quote:
engnenk - 7/26/2004 8:43 AM

Perhaps Jamminjames has a guily conscience. I never asked him to shut up. Acualy, I enjoy reading what the ess open minded have to say. My gag comment was purely about the traitor comment. And a good day to you too.
Why is it when someone disagrees with a liberal they're immediately labeled as "close minded" by said Lib?

'04 E55 AMG
'04 Yukon Denali
'02 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
'94 928 GTS (SOLD)
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 12:40 AM
BenzWorld Member

All-right. My goodness, are our feelings on our sleeves?

tcp_ML500 - I'm not sure I understand what you meant. Maybe it's just the hour but it sounds like your calling me an idiot. But I'm not sure. Either way - i think your ID pic is pretty cool.

engnenk - I would never gag anyone. I would die to ensure freedom of speech. That's why I said what I said - and if you go back and look I used the word "almost". Please don't take what I say out of context. Try responding to what I actually said, rather than twisting it to fit your needs...

Everyone else - it seems that my little comment about my opinion seemed to rile some people. What surprises me is merouby's initial post really didn't raise much conversation. "Bush and his henchmen are guilty as all FOOK!!" "(Republican b'stard)" "I guess we have a crack problem in Dallas " "1 war criminal running the White House". Am I missing something. Could it be that merouby is someone that everyone else just ignores? If not, I'm real surprised at how quite everyone is. At least Chucky300, racerbvd, & MikeV spoke up.

So to get back to the origin of the post - Michael Moore. Lots of reading - but here's some FACTS to ponder:

http://www.larryelder.com/911/debunking911.html
- Posted earlier but try reading it this time. Even a 17-year-old sees through the propaganda.

Here’s the latest group of people who are upset at the way Michael Moore whores out the dead when it suits his purposes.
Quote:
The family of U.S. Air Force Maj. Gregory Stone was shocked to learn that video footage of the major’s Arlington National Cemetery burial was included by Michael Moore in his movie “Fahrenheit 9/11.�
Maj. Stone was killed in March 2003 by a grenade that officials said was thrown into his tent by Sgt. Hasan K. Akbar, who is on trial for murder.
“It’s been a big shock, and we are not very happy about it, to say the least,� Kandi Gallagher, Maj. Stone’s aunt and family spokeswoman, tells Washington Times reporter Audrey Hudson.
“We are furious that Greg was in that casket and cannot defend himself, and my sister, Greg’s mother, is just beside herself,� Miss Gallagher said. “She is furious. She called him a ‘maggot that eats off the dead.’ “
The movie, described by critics as political propaganda during an election year, shows video footage of the funeral and Maj. Stone’s fiancee, Tammie Eslinger, kissing her hand and placing it on his coffin.
The family does not know how Mr. Moore obtained the video, and Miss Gallagher said they did not give permission and are considering legal recourse.
She described her nephew as a “totally conservative Republican� and said he would have found the film to be “putrid.�
“I’m sure he would have some choice words for Michael Moore,� she said. “Michael Moore would have a hard time asking our family for a glass of water if he were thirsty."
Michael Moore cares about the troops when they badmouth their country and the mission. The rest of the time they are nothing but a prop to be used and prostituted for his own aggrandizement, just like the 9/11 and Columbine victims.

MICHAEL MOORE CONSPIRES TO COMMIT VOTER FRAUD
On his website, Moore proposes a pledge that people can sign, for the purposes of getting voters to the polls. However, in section 3, "I Will Adopt 5 Nonvoters I Know and Take Them to the Polls.", Moore makes the following suggestions:
Quote:
And then make a plan for Election Day. Take them out to vote and out to lunch (you pick up the tab!). Or have a party that night for those who voted that day.
Or get more creative. Offer a six-pack to anyone in the office who votes (make sure you're not working in cubicles full of Republicans!). Promise to have sex with a nonvoter - whatever it takes!
So, enticing people to vote with offers of dinner, beer, or sex... let's see what the Voting Rights Act has to say about that:
Quote:
"Whoever knowingly or willfully gives false information as to his name, address or period of residence in the voting district for the purpose of establishing his eligibility to register or vote, or conspires with another individual for the purpose of encouraging his false registration to vote or illegal voting, or pays or offers to pay or accepts payment either for registration to vote or for voting shall be fined not more than $10,000 or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.
This statute prohibits “vote buying� in the broadest terms possible by forbidding any “payment� or "offer of payment" that is made to a would-be voter “for voting� or to induce unregistered individuals to get onto the electoral roles. A “payment� encompasses anything of material value including lottery chances.
Moore is in clear violation of this law, specifically Amendment 42 U.S.C 1973i(c), which states the above. If this upsets you, I would suggest that you file a complaint at the following address:
Director,
Election Crimes Branch Department of Justice
10th and Constitution Ave. NW
Washington, D.C. 20530

And the list goes on and on...

See, I can be educated-sounding and courteous - even though I'm just a hick from Okie-homa...

Now let's try to stay on topic...

89 MB 420sel - "Helga"
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 12:58 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: 1980 250GD Cabrio

But what did your post say before you edited it? There must be something evil in there. Maybe MikeV can read your mind and twist your statement into a contived arguement.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 09:09 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 1990 230E & '89 TE

Blimey, you two are very mellow today (drink?).

Jamminjames has scored an apology and an admission of double standards, I'm speechless [:0]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in