RE: Videos

Quote:
merouby - 7/30/2004 4:27 PM

Quote:
thanks in part fo the silly failure of the PSA to racially profile
Racial profiling is wrong. Screen everyone and listen to why:

Richard Reid
John Walker Lindh

Both were terrorists/combatants and both were not Middle-Eastern looking. If the TSA only concentrated on those who 'look Arabic' then people like my wife (a white Muslim convert) could just simple take off their 'spot-the-Muslim' clothing and pass through undetected.

Besides, it's ignorant to think Arabs are purely brown-skinned. You'll be suprised how many pass for regular whites/blacks. My ex-fiancee who's Egyptian was blond & blue-eyed. About 30% of Arabs can pass for whites. Remember that hot foreign student in American Pie (Shannon Elizabeth)?? She's ARABIC. See what i'm saying??

Take a look:
http://www.aaiusa.org/famous_arab_americans.htm

Futhermore, to signify that certian Arabs ALONE are the sole cause of trouble is ALSO ignorant.

Timothy McVeigh
Terry Nichols
The Unibomber

Get my drift??
Reread my original post. I never said ONLY. But it should be one of the tools used. For you to look the other way is ignorant.

You can not ignore that young middle easter males were responsible for '72 Munich, '79 Iranian Embassy take over, '83 Beirut Marine barracks bombing, '85 Achille Lauro, '85 TWA hijacking, '88 Pan Am bombing, '93 WTC, '98 embassies in Kenya and Tanzania, '00 Cole bombing, '01 WTC II, '04 Madrid trains.

Richard Reid was detained and questioned extensively in the UK before boarding his flight.

Nobody said that Middle Easter Males are the only people who commit crime, but when it comes to "acts of terror" which include hijackings, you can not overlook the numbers.

'04 E55 AMG
'04 Yukon Denali
'02 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
'94 928 GTS (SOLD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 05:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: 91 300SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
For you to look the other way is ignorant.
I didnt say 'LOOK THE OTHER WAY' I said 'SCREEN EVERYONE'....to only screen people from the Middle East or who look Middle-Eastern is racial profiling and wrong.

As for the NUMBERS...aside from the 1979 Hostage crisis (Iranians are NOT ARABS)....if you counted all the 'criminals' responsible in your LIST, they won't make 100 people.

So are you saying that it is OK to harass a section of humanity based on the actions of 100 or so Arabs??

Current Mercedes:
1991 S-Class 300SE (Dallas)

Previous Mercedes:
2002 W168 A170 CDI LWB Avantgarde automatic (London)
1980 W123 300D automatic (Dallas)
1984 W126 300SD (Dallas)
1989 W124 300TE 7-seater (London)
post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: '04 E55 Tectite
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
merouby - 7/30/2004 4:59 PM

Quote:
For you to look the other way is ignorant.
I didnt say 'LOOK THE OTHER WAY' I said 'SCREEN EVERYONE'....to only screen people from the Middle East or who look Middle-Eastern is racial profiling and wrong.

As for the NUMBERS...aside from the 1979 Hostage crisis (Iranians are NOT ARABS)....if you counted all the 'criminals' responsible in your LIST, they won't make 100 people.

So are you saying that it is OK to harass a section of humanity based on the actions of 100 or so Arabs??
First off, I believe when I originally made this point I said "middle eastern looking" which I fall under that catagory. When I get pulled aside I don't see it as harasment. I see it as my luck that all these A-holes that hijacked the planes on 9-11 looked like me. None of them looked like the little 85-year old Jewish lady that's being probed. When I don't get stopped I wonder who else hadn't been checked more thoroughly.

'04 E55 AMG
'04 Yukon Denali
'02 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
'94 928 GTS (SOLD)
post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 07:01 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 1989 420sel

Yes, I agree that in and IDEAL world racial profiling is wrong - but we don't live in an ideal world. If I was getting on a plane I would feel a little better knowing that maybe someone evil might be diverted from getting on. Makes me think back to California in 1941. We are at war - yes a different kind but a war never-the-less. And I truly wish we lived in an ideal world - but we have to be realistic. I'm just speaking generally here from a 20K foot view - not wanting to get into specifics.
Some other food for thought: The terrorist are making practice runs. I do not have any concrete evidence but c'mon - use some common sense. Here is a very good (and contraversial) article that everyone on both sides of the fence needs to read:
http://www.womenswallstreet.com/WWS/...&articleid=711
This happened. Period. What's next? The real thing? And make a note of what these "musicians" looked like.
Please don't get me wrong - racial profiling is wrong. I've had some personal experience with it. But if it keeps the skies a little safer... I think an extra 15 minute inconveneince is worth it. The terrorists know that we're debating on racial profiling and use that against us. If they know that they'll probably get searched - maybe they'll think twice about trying to get contraband on-board...
Sorry - got to rambling with my thoughts. FWIW.

James

91 BMW 325i Cabrio - "Tasha"
89 MB 420sel - "Helga"
post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-30-2004, 07:13 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 1989 420sel

And here's a follow-up article that touches on many of the comments here about racial profiling.

Please read these articles! This is happening!

Here's the follow-up:
http://www.womenswallstreet.com/WWS/...&articleid=716

91 BMW 325i Cabrio - "Tasha"
89 MB 420sel - "Helga"
post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 06:55 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 1990 230E & '89 TE

Quote:
merouby - 7/31/2004 12:11 AM

These are quotes out of a book, that has been RECALLED since it never REALLY happened.
BUSTED!! (by a reporter doing a background story)

Get your quotes from REAL sources in the future!!
I took that quote about Jordan from the BBC News Website.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3088828.stm

Are you saying that honour killings don't happen in Jordan? Or anywhere else in the middle east?

The law in Jordan states that a man who catches his Wife committing adultery can kill or injure her or her partner. Or is that a lie from another book I never heard of?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in