LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: 91 300SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RE: 600 Dead already - how many more must die?!!

Are people NOW realizing how big of a mistake Iraq was? Now we lose either way - just like the Israelis. If we keep hitting them, we should expect bigger causulties and looked upon as oppressors. If we withdraw, we look bad and give in - and expect a hostile goverment in place. Thanks Mr. Bush for starting something, once you're out of office, will continue to hurt America. I'd rather live with a President known for Lewinsky, than a President that caused the senseless death of Americans and an awful economy.

635 and counting [:(!] Thanks to Bush!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 03:05 AM
BenzWorld Elite

RE: 630 Dead,... Enough!!

Generally I avoid political discussions, but in this case I have to state that the US and the rest of the world was doing so much better before ANY Bush was in the White House.

Those of you who rememeber the good old days of Reagan and recently Clinton will reamemeber that if you said to a foreigner that you were american they would smile, nowdays they will spit on your face if you are lucky. Being a Uk national living in Pakistan I tend to see both sides of the story, and I'm sorry to say that this time bush has really screwed up.

Example: when Reagan was in office he could go to almost any place in the world and they would love him, however if bush went anywhere "the eagle" would be killed instantly. Bring me a leader who knows what the hell he is doing, and get rid of "The good ol boy".

To hell with the Bush family and their lapdogs (The Blairs). US & UK citizens demand some respect!
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 06:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2004 E55-1970 280SEC
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Reagan: The reason "Everyone" loved Reagan was because it was the height of the Cold war. Basically, you sucked up to the US to protect you from the USSR. Now that the USSR is gone, those same countries could care less about the US.

Clinton: It was during Clinton's presidency that the US cut military and intelligence so much that we couldn't stop 9/11 before it happened. Literally, it was a comedy of errors that led to 9/11.

Bush II: I think that Iraq was to show the world not to mess with the US. It was a show of force after 9/11. Do you think that Osama is happy now that the US is now even a bigger player in the middle east? NO! He thought we would cower like we did in Somolia (Clinton era). He wanted us out of Saudi Arabia but now we're all over the place. That's why Bush ordered Iraq. We're not going to bow to any terrorist's wishes.

You guys think 600 soldies is a lot, well, just remember the 3000 civilians that lost their lives in the WTC.

2009 C63 AMG Silver/Charcoal
1970 280SE Low Grill Coupe 2.8 Silver/Red

Past
1999 SLK230/Sport
2001 SLK32 AMG
2004 E55 AMG
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
You guys think 600 soldies is a lot, well, just remember the 3000 civilians that lost their lives in the WTC.
So we should tally the number of US forces's dead then alongside WTC? Take a look at what's going on TV with Condaleeza Rice...They (Bush Admin) had a memo prior to 9/11 with the title "Bin Laden planning attacks in the US". Who f@#%ed up? Bush & his admin.

Iraq sent a message to Al Quedia?? LOL Is that why Madrid got a bombing from them? Where's Bin Laden? Instead of focusing our efforts on killing/capturing the main suspect or group, Bush is killing hundreds of America for what? Nothing IMO except further more alienation from the Middle East and our Colition allies who half have now left us. Oh, i'm sorry - i meant oil. Fair trade?

BTW, I don't need to be reminded of our 3000 dead. I used to work in the WTC (after the 93 bombing) and i'm a New Yorker from Brooklyn.

Bush out of the White House & troops out of Iraq please! 648 dead and counting... [:(!]
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-08-2004, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
I think that Iraq was to show the world not to mess with the US. It was a show of force after 9/11
You do realize that the war on Iraq was planned before 911??
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 02:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Where do you get your info? Here's a hint, who was president during the 93 WTC bombing? What did that president do about it? NOTHING! He cut spending on our intelligence and military.

You blame the Bush admin for not acting before 9/11, yet now that they are PRO-ACTIVE and went after Iraq, you blast them. What gives? You're obviously a bleeding heart democrat who can't see anything good in any Republican actions.

Here is another hint, the terrorists/murderers who planned the 9/11 attacks planned it way in advace of 9/11/01, hmmm, who was the president during that time? Oh yea, it was Clinton.

Past
1999 SLK230/Sport
2001 SLK32 AMG
2004 E55 AMG
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 04:23 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 CE

I don't understand lot of you guys. If terrorists are attacking USA, don't you ask yourselves WHY? There must be a reason (pretty good one I think) for these so called terrorists to attack USA.

Just think about one thing, why would someone attack you if you didn't do something bad to him?

And one more thing about those ones who are for the war and continuation of killings, you people still believe in God and swear in His name? How shame is that?!?!
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 04:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

What are you 16 years old? WE GET 3000 CITIZENS KILLED and you want us to blame ourselve? Yea right.

The US is the most powerful nation on the planet, of course there will be people who don't like the US. The US can't please everyone. Get a reality check. Heck, the US can't even please everyone in the US. That doesn't justify killing 3000 people does it?

I don't get it, if it wasn't for the US the rest of the world would be under Nazi and Japanese rule and this is the thanks we get.

Past
1999 SLK230/Sport
2001 SLK32 AMG
2004 E55 AMG
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 08:59 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 CE

Quote:
Norb - 4/9/2004 6:32 PM

I don't get it, if it wasn't for the US the rest of the world would be under Nazi and Japanese rule and this is the thanks we get.
I guess we will never know how it would be, do we?
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 09:30 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 98 BMW 528i
Send a message via AIM to Jamison

Finally someone who agrees with me! Thanks norb for bringing some well needed common sense to this topic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in