the worst drivers on the road - Mercedes-Benz Forum

View Poll Results: ok time to vent.
who in your opinion is the worst drivers on the road? what i am referring to is n
BMWs 10 40.00%
SUVs 9 36.00%
Minvans 4 16.00%
Hondas 1 4.00%
Acuras 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Veteran
Date registered: Nov 2002
Vehicle: Widebody SEC
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
the worst drivers on the road

ok time to vent.
who in your opinion is the worst drivers on the road? what i am referring to is not signalling, cutting-off, tailgating, speeding, driving too slow, hogging the left lane, disobeying traffic signs, running reds, parking in handicap zones and all around a-holes.

voice your fustrations. then we can have a peacefull holidays.

500SEC AMG Widebody
1974 280 Coupe

those who want the best car in the world, drive a Mercedes-Benz
those who want the best Mercedes-Benz, drive a w126

MBCA executive board member
Mercedes-Benz Club of Canada - active member moderator
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 06:12 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 1988 420 SEL
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Dandy
I'd say it's those jackasses in minivans

You know, those inconsiderate jerks who won't give up the passing lane, change lanes without signaling, weave between the shoulder and the centerline on two lane blacktops making passing a pain in the ass, they refuse to make a right on red, stop in the middle of the road when they're looking for an address, drive around 10-15 miles BELOW the speed limit, cut people off, and pull out in front of other cars when you're right on top of them. JESUS H. CHRIST, I HATE MINIVANS AND THE SOCCERMOMS WHO DRIVE THEM!!!!! Are YOU a soccermom? YOU'D BETTER GET STRAIGHT, DUMMY!!!!

Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 06:32 AM
Administratoris Emeritus
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 545 Post(s)
RE: the worst drivers on the road

You guys have it good and don't know it. It's isn't WHAT you drive -- it's WHERE you drive, and Phoenix is chocked full of the most unbelieveably frightening drivers I've ever seen (and I was born and raised in Chicago). 20MPH over is normal here, hit-and-runs daily, red-light running is a hobby here. Illegals with no licenses (my favorite story concerns a serious collision in a busy intersection during morning rush -- BOTH drivers abandoned vehicles and fled the scene). Four of the nations 10 most dangerous intersections are here -- nothing special about the intersections -- it's just the people driveing through them. All people in Phoenix should be required to drive nerfmobiles!

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 09:18 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 1986 190E 2.3-16
Send a message via AIM to clavos21

I agree with Ron, it doesn't matter what these people are driving. Here in the Denver metro area the worst drivers seem to be the individuals with CU alumni plates on thier vehicles. No offense meant to graduates of the University Of Colorado, but my observation that all of the higher knowledge seems to be left behind when they get behind the wheel.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 12:42 PM
BenzWorld Member
Vehicle: 560SEL

I'd have to say that there is no real profile of bad drivers here in Cali. Just that there are a whole mess of bad drivers here in general. Age, race, religion, vehicle, none of that matters. Just statistically probably 80% of the people on the road driving all sorts of cars should have had more schoolin', not just in driving, but plain common sense (which I am learning is merely a concept, but not anything that exists in reality).

I drove in Tokyo for a while and as crowded as that place is, people were MUCH better drivers, with common sense, and of course, courteous. Why is it that the US hands out drivers license to anyone, like it's Halloween candy. And what's this about people here in the US illegitimately getting drivers licenses?

Thanks for letting me vent too. I deal with this sort of crap on a daily basis.

- BigMama - 1987 560SEL
- Brutus6 - 1985 635CSi
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 12:22 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
Vehicle: '05 330i ZHP
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

The most annoying people in our area are the kids with the M3s, closely followed by Mustang and Camaro drivers. You forgot to add Camaro and Firebird drivers to the list, they're annoying.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 02:46 PM
BenzWorld W124 Host
Date registered: May 2003
Vehicle: 1993 300E 3.2L 24V

I joke that it's estrogen that makes people hit things, but in all honesty, I know plenty of drivers that are women that drive quite nicely, my girlfriend included.

I find that the worst drivers are the ignorant ones. The ones that don't view a car as something that requires responsibility to operate. They're either viewing it as a mode of transportation and feel the need to focus on other things while driving. Or there are the people who are ignorant to everyone else and are more concerned about running 5min late or trying to break the sound barrier in their automobile. Automobiles are something that require alot of discipline, responsibility and respect for your fellow man. If you screw up, and you lose control, you just turned you and your car into a 3000+lb death missle.

The ironic part is that I too myself did my share of street racing and hot rodding. We are not without our faults, the key to it though, the thing that makes us different than the animals in the zoos picking their butts is that we can learn the difference between what is right and wrong, we can learn cause and effect, the consequences of our actions and we can teach others too, before we have to experience our faults.

W124 Forum Host

1993 Mercedes-Benz 300E Arctic White over Palamino Leather
W124.032 Chassis M104.992 24V Engine
217 Horsepower @5500RPM
229lbs-ft Torque @3750RPM

Aftermarket Modifications
-TYC Euro-Spec Headlamps
-DEPO Clear turn signal indicators
-Kenwood KDC-217S CD Player AM/FM Tuner Headunit
-Chrome Exhaust Tips
-Auxiliary fog lights and driving lights
-Tinted windows: 22.7% on the back 5 and 33% on the front 2
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-07-2004, 10:35 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Aug 2003
Vehicle: MB 190e 2.3 8v(W201)
Send a message via AIM to xscottyx

the worst are the civic panzies that always try to mess w/ me on the highway even thou they cant keep up, but the minivans gotta go....the very close second best are the porche's they are just like us, i give as much respect as i'd do to a m/b driver

1992 190e 2.3 8valve
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 08:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: W-1-2-3 Go!
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)

Clearly, you all have never been to the Philippines. I came from there, and I could say (regretfully) that it has most of the worst I've ever encountered. Just a few examples.

-Buses taking up TWO shoulder lanes for picking up passengers...
-Jeepneys (like open-air extended army jeeps with a roof and very decorated) cut in and out, stop ANYwhere to pick up passengers, intentionally BRAKE and irritate you when you complain about their driving...that's just a few...
-Tricycle drivers doing the same things jeepney drivers do. They carry passengers with them, no seatbelts, and drive at 40kph if they can have it. Sometimes even 60kph. And they don't have any doors, it's basically a pedicab with an engine.
-Since there is no speed limit in the Philippines, they drive at breakneck speeds. One truck even almost turned in my direction when he was changing lanes. It was a 10-wheeler, driving at 80kph (around 45 mph), and I was in a Corolla.
-They don't give pedestrians the right of way, they even honk the horn when the peds get in the way!

These are just a few of my rants. It's better (or is it?) to experience it yourselves. Anybody who has lived and driven here will understand what I'm saying.

I'm Filipino and I should know. [:D]
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 11:31 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Oct 2003

Here here! Canada has so many idiots on the road (especially Calgary). I win, more than half of Calgary drivers are complete idiots. The things they do..[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: