Why did you buy your Mercedes? - Page 81 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

View Poll Results: Why did you buy/lease a Mercedes?
Looks 1,198 20.72%
Performance 1,031 17.83%
Prestige 1,369 23.67%
Safety 536 9.27%
Value 971 16.79%
Other 678 11.72%
Voters: 5783. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #801 of 1335 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 01:51 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Dec 2010
Vehicle: 2007 Mercedes C 230 Sport Sedan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My father did almost the same thing as you did. He had an earlier Sebring Convertible & just traded it in & got the SL550 Convertible. He got a great offer for his Sebring, since there were hardly any miles on it, & then he took it one step further & used the KBB Search feature to find the best price on a low mileage SL550 & found one about 100 miles away in Chicago. It was worth the drive too, as the local MB Dealer didn't want to come down hardly at all on his price, but the Naperville MB Dealer came down several thousand dollars.

The only downside is he wanted the same Bright "Purplish" Blue HID's factory equipped, but knew that I'd done this same upgrade on my C230 Sport, so for about $100 I ordered a kit from a distributor I use who carries the good quality, digital HID's that won't throw codes or mess with the computer built into every Mercedes.

I had to go through a few "lemon HID kits" before I finally figured out that you don't need to spend hundreds or more on a top-of-the-line kit, when you can get a kit that not only fits beautifully, but works even better than any other kit I've seen or heard about when it comes to upgrading to HID's on a Mercedes. For $110 + Shipping I can get a Digital, Slim Ballast HID Upgrade Kit that any backyard mechanic can install in under an hour. It plugs right into the factory plus, so it doesn't get any easier than that. I've done this conversion probably a dozen times or more & in all that time I've NEVER had a single one returned, never had a problem with it throwing codes or throwing out voltage spikes either.

In fact if you EVER need a good HID Kit I can have one sent to you direct from the manufacturer I use, & like I said they're very simple to install. You can find videos all over YouTube if you do want some help, but I doubt highly you'll need it. It's not much different than changing a standard Headlamp, except that you're adding a ballast unit to change the voltage & regulate it.

Whether you decide to do the upgrade or not, or whether to buy it from me or not, this advice is free: DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT make the mistake of buying a cheap HID Kit that doesn't have a digital ballast system. If you don't get the digital ballast you will likely have problems with the unit at some point, so it's worth paying a little more for a better quality digital HID Upgrade kit.

Feel free to text me or email me if you have any questions or problems...

EMAIL: Yahoo!

TEXT: (260) 445-5241

I own a small IT/Tech Support/Electronics firm, that does everything from fixing computers to installing whole networks & even some background & investigative work in between. That comes from 4yrs of college & 20+yrs of experience, so I really do know what I'm talking about. I don't mind helping if you have a kit you've already bought & are stuck in the midst of the install process, so text or email me anytime, whether to buy a kit or just for some free help/advice!

Cheers,
Andy (TSU)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #802 of 1335 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 10:02 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2012
Vehicle: 2008 Mercedes-Benz C230W
My main deciding reason for my purchase was other. I've liked mercedes all my life mainly because of my father he always loved them and always said one day he would own one. Life hasn't been easy for him and his main priority was other more important things such as family health and taking care my brother and i. His eyes would always light up when he saw a Mercedes and he would point them out all the time. Fast forward to now... he was diagnosed with stage IV rectal cancer after being home for a year or so after a back injury at work. I needed to buy a car and i never thought of buying a Mercedes until this one just literally fell onto my lap. The dealership that i pass by everyday to and from work had a special Christmas sale and as i stopped at the red light i saw it. When i saw it i knew i had to have it for my dad... he always wanted one and i don't know how long he has, so even though it was a little out of the budget (university student!) i had to get it. Next day i went by and i bought it... still haven't been able to take it home though.. my welcome post explains why...
marvinlee likes this.
post #803 of 1335 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 03:05 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Basically I inherited the mercedes gene, everyone drives a Benz here.
Just like the design, especially on the oldies like the the W123
post #804 of 1335 (permalink) Old 01-15-2012, 05:19 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2009
Vehicle: 2006 c280, 2009 320 ML BT, 2011 ML 550 Grand Edition
Send a message via Skype™ to morbid angel
you need to add "it has face book" to the choice list of the poll.
post #805 of 1335 (permalink) Old 01-16-2012, 08:01 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 1988 M-BENZ 300E | 1991 FORD PROBE GT TURBO | 2003 FORD EXPLORER 4x4
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbid angel View Post
you need to add "it has face book" to the choice list of the poll.

1988 Mercedes-Benz 300E (W124 M103 California Emissions/Controller)
post #806 of 1335 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 01:59 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Vehicle: 1986 560SL R107
I respect German engineering do more precision work on MB than all cars. Ferrari is part of Number one too. MB is the longest experience car since first gasoline engine, invented was Karl Benz..Not Henry Ford! My dream comes true to buy MB.
post #807 of 1335 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 12:39 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2011
Vehicle: 08 C300
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Prestige and performance
post #808 of 1335 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 09:11 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mercedes S400 Hybrid, 2009 S 550
Silly Questions

The answer can undoubtably be all the above. Of course there were times when Mercedes made bad decisions like getting involved with Chrysler. I fell victim to the Chrysler electrical connections in my 2005 S500. The cheap terminals corroded. Currently have 2010 S400 and love the car. Everyone looks at a Mercedes for good reason.
post #809 of 1335 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 12:49 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 2011
Vehicle: C Class 220 sport (2009)
Hi,my wife and i were looking to replace our freelander 2, we were looking at Audi A4, and BMW 5 series, both dealerships on same site, over the road was a Mercedes dealership, we wondered in knowing very little about the models, saw the C class 220CDi sport in stunning black, test drive, deal done. had the car just over a year covered approx 35,000 miles and love it, great fuel economy, handling, love the way it looks, and has a real feel good factor.
Will certainly be back at the dealership when we change this one,
post #810 of 1335 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 04:31 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Sep 2010
Something better

I had driven a number of different cars over the years but began yearning for a Bimmer after my friend salvaged a crashed 1983 733i. He convinced me -- after much prodding -- to get myself a Benz after he bought himself an incredibly well maintained '92 300e from the local dealer. I bought myself a '93 300e 4matic five years ago and have never looked back. It is silver with a blue interior and it was love at first sight. The car had been neglected and needed a lot of work and money to get it back into ship-shape but it still runs like a top, even with more than 200,000 miles on the odometer. Our next car will be a Mercedes and every car after that. I refuse to drive anything else!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz News & Polls > Mercedes-Benz Polls

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in