BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jun 2009
Vehicle: 2002 C230K Coupe, C7 package, pano roof, auto, ASP pulley, NGK IR IX plugs
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I bought my c230k for quality and reliability. In the last 2 years of ownership I havent had any issues..... well except:
1. It eats coolant constantly, ie head gasket problem- this is exciting.
2. My fancy key fob doesn't unlock/ lock my doors- have to use the metal valet key- very convenient.
3. A couple climate flap links/ actuators failing- good news.
4. Increasing rattle noise from the engine- probably the AC or pulley failing- that'll be fun to fix when it finally fails.
5. Numerouse bulbs burning out
6. Front turn signal failed, burned out contacts- good times.
7. Sway bar bushings replaced
8. Front control arms replaced
So high quality and upscale. I'm just waiting for the next thing to fail. Maybe the fancy pano roof will break that I hear so much of or my transmission will one day just fall apart. Or my 6 CD changer will jam (again!) or power windows will stop working. At this point, I dont think anything else failing is out of the question.
Here's an option...save your money- by another, and use all that extra cash to by your spouse (or yourself or kids )something real nice or take a long vacation somewhere warm.
Overall, I kinda like my car, maybe only about a 60/40 split at best- and it's fun to drive but it comes with significant disappointments.