Why did you buy your Mercedes? - Page 44 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

View Poll Results: Why did you buy/lease a Mercedes?
Looks 1,198 20.72%
Performance 1,031 17.83%
Prestige 1,369 23.67%
Safety 536 9.27%
Value 971 16.79%
Other 678 11.72%
Voters: 5783. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #431 of 1335 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 08:12 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2009
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We purchased ours as it fit our requirements of diesel power, comfort, style and economy. Oh and it is a great car!

Wyatt Earp
2008 R320 CDI - Diesel Luxury
2003 VW Golf TDI GLS 5spd, AFE Stage 1, Timing bumped, Sitting on Yoko 225/17 and Eagle Rims with lots of go for cheap
2002 Dodge 2500 Cummins Diesel LWB, 4x4, SLT, Quad Cab, 6spd, 2" LVL kit, DSS, Stage 5 sticks, AFE stage 2, ATS Manifolds, Smarty Box, Comp Box, Trailer Brakes, Custom lights and switches, FP, Boost and Pyro gauges, Ring MIA, Sitting on 33" Toyo MT's
Save the Planet, Drive an Oil Burner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #432 of 1335 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 01:40 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2008
Vehicle: 1987 420 SEL
Send a message via Yahoo to Khalyl357
I bought my car after my brother in-law died. We spent many a day after playing golf just riding and talking. I have so many fond memories of us together. This was actually his second 420 SEL. He sold his first and got this one. So I guess I bought it for the memories of him.
post #433 of 1335 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 05:41 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Jun 2008
Vehicle: 2000 w203 c200k (Yes, it's a w203 from Germany)
Well, I moved to Germany last year and we were looking for cars. My first choice goes to the A4/Passat/A6 camp, since I'm a long-time Audi guy. The gf's family only has MB's and her dad was pushing and pushing to get a MB and would disapprove of anything else (the influence came from the fact that our money was still in the US, massively devalued due to conversion rates at the time and he was offering a temp loan). So we get a w203 c200k from their dealer, with warranty.

Thankfully, we needed it. The car needed a new rack at 40k, 45k needed a new oil pan gasket (not covered), 52k the alternator dies (but I fixed the regulator...some sort of contamination). During the rack repair, the Benz dealer (owned by benz) damaged wiring between the alternator and the battery (due to the fact that they use 17 year old apprentices),so they replaced the alternator, then reinstalled it when they saw that they destroyed the wiring. When the car came back, the battery still died. They then found out a door module was not shutting off after our fourth return there complaining. Luckily, warranty.

Now we're out of warranty and the driver's seat blows fuses. We also immediately put in the intermediate cable so oil wouldn't get into the wiring.

So I didn't buy Mercedes for any of the above. The car was low miles, great condition, and had a warranty. We regularly drive it at 150 mph on the autobahn. For us, it's just a car. We don't put into "Mercedes ownership" what so many others put in theirs. It's a car. We have just a little extra power so we can go on vacation with all our gear and our bikes on the rack.

However, now we know these cars are extremely problematic and once they start having problems, the dealers are the only ones capable of fixing them, and often are unable to. However, they love changing parts along the way.

Now the irony is that the father would only go for MB for us, and now he's buying an A4 Wagon for himself and getting rid of one of his Mercedes.
post #434 of 1335 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 01:53 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2009
Vehicle: 1994 Mercedes E320
Send a message via Yahoo to atlantis4x
I bought my 1994 E320 (black on black) because:

1. I love the interior
2. Love the looks
3. Prestige
4. PUS^# MAGNET!!! Especially when she gets in the super comfy passanger seat. Damn, I get turned on myself when I get in that seat, LOL!!!

I'm a young guy... But... No Civics 4me, straight on that.
post #435 of 1335 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 03:10 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2009
Vehicle: 1997 C280
Bought a 1997 C280 because
1. Needed a car
2. Needed some power
3. It cost $3750 USD It was valued around $5500 when bought
4. It had all maintenance records even the original window info page from the dealer
5. Quality.
post #436 of 1335 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 12:01 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

I bought mine because of the failure of a business, i only had a couple of grand to spend on a car, so i said if i am spending thta much, i'm gonna get a good quality one. One muonth later, my 1996 c 200 hasnt let me down (apart from £180 for key, ouch)
post #437 of 1335 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 02:32 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Aug 2009
Vehicle: GLK350 2010
Send a message via Yahoo to Johnnathun
..because I deserve it

My last car was a new Lincoln navigator. The month after I leased it, I was promoted at work and begin traveling abroad 6 days a week! I never enjoyed it. When the lease was up I was almost 10k miles UNDER my limit. This time I purchased a MB, and I look forward to actually driving it everyday!
post #438 of 1335 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 11:40 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB300 View Post
Definitely the look...
I remember the first time I say it (her?). New class C, on a parking lot, grey tenorite, fabulous look. A real beauty queen, and it never deceived me...
Then it was the power, the control, the elegance...
I tell you guys, MB's have everything women should have and for the rest... well go see a woman ahaha...
yes, they are definatly female, they bitch like hell if you dont pay them attemtion (gets slap from wife), mine is called 'beauty' lol
post #439 of 1335 (permalink) Old 08-18-2009, 11:42 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Yep, there is no comparison between a merc and a lincoln lololololol. You'll now realise how terribly awful and cheaply built lincolns are and never go back to a yank tank lol
post #440 of 1335 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 02:08 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

I've had a few Mercs and they have always been the most reliable brand I've ever driven (I've had new Peugeots and Skodas as company vehicles - thanks but no thanks)!

I have an E240 (2001) and most recently also purchased the car of my dreams - an immaculate low mileage W123.

I really can't see why other people don't buy Mercedes; they are simply wonderful and the most relaible car on the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz News & Polls > Mercedes-Benz Polls

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in