BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jun 2011
Vehicle: 1979 450SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I voted safety, but, really, it's all of the above. The first car I've had that was really mine was a merc. It was a choice between a 420SEL and a souped up camero. I looked at the camero, and had visions of the future, it was like speaking to the oracle from 300, if I buy that camero, I will race and I will crash. I looked at the merc, saw how tough the frame was, how nice it looked, test drove it and loved the performance, I loved it. My mom was disappointed I didn't get the sports car, I had a good laugh.
1) 1994 Honda Passport "The Tank" (Decomissioned)
2) 1987 420SEL "The Krunk Machine" (Destroied in service)
3) 1982 300 SD Turbo Diesel "The Bebop" (Decommissioned 6 months after reciving damage)
4) 1985 500SEL "The Big O" (Decomissioned after second powerplant failed)
5) 1979 450SL "The Neptune" (current)
6) XY 240-T4 Scooter "The Bird of Prey" (Sold)
Upcoming purchases in the next 40 years: Mini Countryman, E-class Mercedes, '34 Mercedes 500K kit car.