Why did you buy your Mercedes? - Page 102 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

View Poll Results: Why did you buy/lease a Mercedes?
Looks 1,202 20.65%
Performance 1,039 17.85%
Prestige 1,374 23.61%
Safety 541 9.30%
Value 977 16.79%
Other 687 11.80%
Voters: 5820. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1011 of 1352 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 11:32 AM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 2005 E-320 CDI Sedan, a W-211
Location: Murrieta, in Riverside County in Southern California
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley300 View Post
Really. Buying a Benz for any reason other than looks and performance is buying one for the wrong reason.
Sorry , but I disagree.

DHG
E-300 DT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1012 of 1352 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 12:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Cancer_Researcher's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Location: Somewhere, USA
Posts: 13,852
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-300 DT View Post
There are many more valid reasons although I admit, I had not thought of that one.

DHG
It was a joke.
Cancer_Researcher is offline  
post #1013 of 1352 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 12:10 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 2005 E-320 CDI Sedan, a W-211
Location: Murrieta, in Riverside County in Southern California
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Arrow I See

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
It was a joke.
'I see' said the blind man, when in reality, he could not see at all.

DHG
E-300 DT is offline  
 
post #1014 of 1352 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 12:53 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
I bought mine to specifically piss people off who say, "Live in America, buy American".
Hee, hee, hee!

That cracks me up. But that's not really why you bought a M-B.

(Although I do find it interesting that often, the people who say that Free Enterprise and Competition are the best means of improving all products and services, are the same people who want to ban importation of Asian and European cars because. . . well, because American cars just can't compete!)
Bradley300 is offline  
post #1015 of 1352 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 06:55 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2012
Vehicle: V230 VIN No. VSA638234-23-071305, E230 VIN NO. WDB2110522B345601
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I reckon that basically, we all appreciate the quality and features of the Mercedes cars we are using. We each may have a ( personal ) input of reason which may not be shared by all of us. For example, I stated that the V230 is spacious and flexible in seats re-arrangement ( current users know the features ) but may be some one will pick up the hint and go looking for such a van to buy!
henryhsu is offline  
post #1016 of 1352 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,611
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryhsu View Post
You have a R170 from the 1950 era? I know someone who is starting to restore a 170S of the year 1951 and may want to talk to you.
To my knowledge, the R170 is far more modern. You're thinking of the R121.
Qubes is offline  
post #1017 of 1352 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,611
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryhsu View Post
I reckon that basically, we all appreciate the quality and features of the Mercedes cars we are using. We each may have a ( personal ) input of reason which may not be shared by all of us. For example, I stated that the V230 is spacious and flexible in seats re-arrangement ( current users know the features ) but may be some one will pick up the hint and go looking for such a van to buy!
Well, the majority of respondents have chosen "prestige" as their answer. I'd have expected that on Bimmerworld, but here?
Qubes is offline  
post #1018 of 1352 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,611
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley300 View Post
Really. Buying a Benz for any reason other than looks and performance is buying one for the wrong reason.
"Prestige" is short form for "I'd have bought a giant loud Italian penismobile that shouts 'arrest me, I'm virile!' but I'm too poor so I settled for the only thing I could afford that makes people think I'm doing better than I really am."
Qubes is offline  
post #1019 of 1352 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 07:39 PM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,611
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryhsu View Post
Do you know the meaning of " wankers "?

Here is what I found in the website:

Wanker is a pejorative term of English origin common in Britain and other parts of the English-speaking world, including Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. It initially referred to an "onanist", literally meaning "one who wanks (masturbates)" but has since become a general insult. It is synonymous with the word tosser.[1]

Although not common in the United States, most Americans understand its meaning
I know the meaning of just about any filthy word you can drum up....that post count is 99% Off-Topic. 'nuff said.
Qubes is offline  
post #1020 of 1352 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 08:27 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2012
Vehicle: V230 VIN No. VSA638234-23-071305, E230 VIN NO. WDB2110522B345601
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I have already realized that your R170 is a SLK.
henryhsu is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz News & Polls > Mercedes-Benz Polls

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
Would you buy another Mercedes snakoiler General Mercedes-Benz 104 08-11-2016 09:28 AM
What Is THE BEST Mercedes To Buy? Shane R170 SLK-Class 25 12-07-2011 06:32 AM
Looking to buy first Mercedes Oldstrummer For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway 7 10-24-2011 05:15 PM
GOING TO BUY A MERCEDES E$$PLURISS Vintage Mercedes-Benz 5 09-20-2009 06:20 AM
Which Mercedes to buy? patricklydon For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway 3 11-25-2006 03:31 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome