Site Sponsor

Date registered: Jul 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Mercedes G63 AMG 6×6 Sold Out

Quote:
Mercedes is finished building one its most ridiculous projects to date, the G63 AMG 6×6.

With just over 100 sold, the brand is calling it quits to make sure that these behemoths retain their exclusivity. Base pricing for the massive G63 starts at 379,000 Euros or roughly $500,000 USD and power comes from a twin-turbo V8 that makes 536 hp and 561 lb-ft of torque. Complete with six wheels, this G63 also packs five locking differentials.
Read more about the Mercedes G63 AMG 6×6 Sold Out at AutoGuide.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 09:14 PM
u37
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2015
Vehicle: 1984 280ce - 1969 Dodge Superbee
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That's wonderful another toy for a half million for some rich snobs . Maybe someday a manufacturer will make something like a VW van or so, something around 15 - 20 k ,off road able, super fuel efficient, dry camp capable, home wrench able.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 02:13 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2015
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seems ridiculous to limite production to this extent.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 02:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Jan 2006
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I must say the moment I saw this vehicle I was absolutely enthralled. My appreciation for the G-Wagon goes back to the days that it was only gray market imported into the US and well before the yuppie mobile it has become. I've always loved the utilitarian nature of the G so when they first came up with this design I thought it was superfluous but in the same sense, why not? They have the extra parts at the Austrian plant in Graz and the only way that you make progress is to try new designs, some fail and some succeed. I'll admit that most of these will be falling into the hands of people that will never actually take them off road like they are designed to be, but again, how many G-wagons in their current state are taken off road? Most are used by grocery getting soccer moms that want something other than a Rover, at least in the La Jolla, LA, and the Bay Area from what I have observed.

I would like to see Mercedes and AMG produce more of these so that the price would be or could be lowered, like BenzoidRex mentioned, but I get that this vehicle functions almost more as a show car/marketing tool than anything else. It get's people gawking and talking as well as gives renewed credibility to both Mercedes and AMG G-Wagons as credible off-roaders.

I know I would have no problem taking this out to the desert to play around in and I would get a kick out of pulling up to the local coffee shop in it as well, honking the train horn I installed as I pull away, that should be standard equipment BTW

Find a Solution!

TankNoir Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz News & Polls > Mercedes-Benz News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in