Site Sponsor

Date registered: Jul 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
2015 Mercedes C-Class Gets More Power and Style

Quote:
Consider this number for a moment: 2.4 million. There are 15 states in the union with populations smaller than that.

There have also been roughly that many W204 C-Class sedans sold in the U.S. since their 2007 introduction. That’s no small figure for a sedan that starts at almost $37,000 before all the sauerkraut and other German extras that make it so popular. Mercedes-Benz counts on the C-Class as a lynchpin in its North American sales strategy.

So it shouldn’t come as any surprise that the company has big plans for the next generation. The car wears Mercedes softened corporate style, comes with a host of new luxury features along with updated engines.

As the three-pointed star brand seeks to widen its current lead over BMW – almost entirely with its new CLA-Class – the company is also bringing a barrage of other new products to market. The 2015 C-Class is one of those and there are some big changes in store for the new version.

The wheelbase is three inches longer and 1.6 inches wider to offer more rear seat space. Mercedes hasn’t said anything about price, but given the frantic pace its CLA-Class is moving, the larger size and upmarket equipment, don’t be surprised if it turns out to be more expensive this time around. The trunk now offers 17 cubic feet of cargo space; all while cutting up to 220 lbs from the previous generation.
Read more about the 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class at AutoGuide.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 05 500
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Geezzz. MB found a way to take a perfectly pretty looking car and make it ugly. What's with this new front scoop? It's like Mb saying to themselves, "BMW has it, so I should." Great car but that front end is painful to watch!
Emir likes this.

1996 Z32 TT
A 18Hp lawn mower
370Z - I want one!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 10:41 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Aug 2013
Vehicle: 2014 E-550 4matic on order
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
The p-sizing makes me wonder what will happen to the next revision of the E-Class. It is already very expensive relative to several Japanese and S. Korean mid-upscale cars. A longer wheelbase, as in China, would add room, but higher pricing threatens sales losses to the new Hyundai Genesis/Kia K900 cars coming in 2014 (ambitiously labeled 2015 models).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoGuide.com View Post

Read more about the 2015 Mercedes-Benz C-Class at AutoGuide.com.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 10:44 AM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Dec 2010
I disagree. I think the new C is a very elegant looking car and a significant upgrade from the previous generations of C's. It's looking like it might finally be a worthy successor to my W201. That the new C also looks a lot like the new S is no accident either and is reminiscent of the W126/W201 similarity in looks. I think the new S is the most elegant S since the W126.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 05:32 PM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: 2005 c320 4matic
Quote:
Originally Posted by w201fan View Post
I disagree. I think the new C is a very elegant looking car and a significant upgrade from the previous generations of C's. It's looking like it might finally be a worthy successor to my W201. That the new C also looks a lot like the new S is no accident either and is reminiscent of the W126/W201 similarity in looks. I think the new S is the most elegant S since the W126.
Hey i thought you would go for a w203
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobie23 View Post
Hey i thought you would go for a w203
The W203 is the poster child for MB's quality problems of the early 2000's and I don't consider it a worthy successor to the W201. I can't wait to see the W205 in person.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 09:02 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: 2010 Mercedes C350
The car looks like a baby S-Class. The interior is a vast improvement love that two tone red and black leather. Not really liking that navigation screen though. It looks awkward just sitting on top of the dash. I'm sure overall the car probably looks a lot better in person.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 07:40 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2013
Vehicle: 2011 E350 4matic Diesel BT - 2014 CLS63 SAMG
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
For me this is ridiculous.

There is a huge price different btw S and C class and E Class. So why would I spend my money on E or S since getting a C will give me the E front and S back wow

I was thinking that S class is the only car when you drive you feel you are the only one who drives that car because it is very special. Now lot of people will pass near you with the almost same car

Cheers.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Vehicle: 2014 E-550 4matic on order
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emir View Post
For me this is ridiculous.

There is a huge price different btw S and C class and E Class. So why would I spend my money on E or S since getting a C will give me the E front and S back wow

I was thinking that S class is the only car when you drive you feel you are the only one who drives that car because it is very special. Now lot of people will pass near you with the almost same car

Cheers.
The 2015 C class will be competing against the 2015 E class, which will come with its own set of improvements and refinements--both of which are badly needed. One can then reasonably compare the two.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-2013, 04:20 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Nov 2011
Vehicle: 2015 ML 350 Black/Black
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmann View Post
Geezzz. MB found a way to take a perfectly pretty looking car and make it ugly. What's with this new front scoop? It's like Mb saying to themselves, "BMW has it, so I should." Great car but that front end is painful to watch!
It is angry chick face I agree it is useless and makes car looks worse'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz News & Polls > Mercedes-Benz News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in