Site Sponsor

Date registered: Jul 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Mercedes CLA45 AMG Priced from $48,375

Quote:
Mercedes-Benz has announced pricing for the latest addition to its AMG sport-performance lineup, the CLA45 AMG, which comes with a starting MSRP of $48,375, including delivery.

The CLA45 AMG is the smallest vehicle in Mercedesí AMG stable, and is powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that makes 355 hp and 332 lb-ft of torque, making it the most powerful production four-cylinder engine in the world. All that force is routed through a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission and on to all four wheels thanks to Mercedesí 4MATIC all-wheel drive setup. Sprinting from 0 to 60 mph takes just 4.5 seconds, while the car is limited to a 155 mph top speed.

Like the standard A-Class, the CLA45 AMG features a transversely mounted engine meaning that it is still front-wheel drive biased. To make sure that the CLA45 didnít feature any typical front-wheel drive characteristics, engineers at Mercedes made it possible for the car to send up to 50 percent of its torque to the rear axle.

There are a few options that can be had on the CLA45, including carbon fiber interior trim for $950, a panoramic sunroof for $1,480, metallic paint for an extra $720, and upgraded infotainment system which costs $2,300.

Direct competition is scarce for Mercedesí new small performance car. The Audi S3 sedan will stack up closest, but it is not available yet. Other, non-luxury competition includes the Volkswagen Golf R, Subaru WRX STI, and maybe even the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, though all three are considerably less powerful and cheaper, compared with the CLA45 AMG.

Pricing for the standard CLA starts at $30,825 (also including delivery), meaning the AMG version carries a roughly $18,000 premium over the base version of the car.
Read the complete story on Mercedes CLA45 AMG Pricing at AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Premium Member

Date registered: Oct 2012
Vehicle: 1991 560 sec
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Premium Member
Looks like a Kia.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 07:17 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jul 2013
Vehicle: CLA 45 AMG (as soon as it has shipped to my area!)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How dare you say such a thing about this car! Have you looked at the stats? seriously?

I may have an orgasm when I sit in it the first time...

Too bad the dealership doesn't take me seriously bc I am a chick and I sound very young and ladylike on the phone (like all the ladies in my family).

Was looking at something much different a while back but due to circumstances beyond my control, it wasn't wise to make any large purchases for what ended up being 4 yrs... I stopped looking for a while bc it made me sad to see what seemed so far away.

Finally, it's about time to upgrade and this is my choice.

If you know of something similar let me know. I am open to the opinions of others. I have a kid and husband so I can't do 2 door bc my husband has a 370z Nesbit and we need to get the kid around somehow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz News & Polls > Mercedes-Benz News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in