2014 Mercedes E-Class Says Buh-Bye to Four-Eyes - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz News & Polls > Mercedes-Benz News
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 05:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Site Sponsor

Date registered: Jul 2010
Lifetime Premium Member
2014 Mercedes E-Class Says Buh-Bye to Four-Eyes

Quote:
While a mid-cycle update and not an all-new model, the 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class makes a small yet important change to the carís design, dropping a feature that has characterized its look since 1995.

Yes, gone are the four-eyes headlights, replace by two larger units, one on each side (obviously), though unique LED light bars within the headlights will still give the nigh-time effect of four individual units.

Apart from that change, the overall design is now smoother and less busy, with the large flared hindquarters now blending into the rest of the vehicle.

Under the hood, the usual V6 and V8 engines are offered in the E350 and E550 making 302 hp and 402 hp respectively. Coming next Fall, however, is a new diesel engine, in the E250 BlueTEC. With 4-cylinders it will offer 190 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque, with fuel economy numbers being announced closer to launch.

Those who prefer their miles per gallon to be more electric can opt for the E400 Hybrid, with a 302 hp V6 mated to an electric motor to deliver 24 mpg city and 30 mpg highway. Also helping improve fuel economy, all models will get a start-stop feature.

2014-Mercedes-E-Class-wagon-interior.jpg

Inside the cabin come modest updates with new gauges and a new screen at the top of the center stack; though the usually-cluttered set of buttons below remains.

With a continued focus on being a safety leader, Mercedes has equipped the 2014 E-Class with Collision Prevention Assist as standard, which will warn the driver if they are approaching a vehicle in front too closely.

Optional safety equipment includes a new generation Driver Assistance Package with Distronic Plus, which combines a full speed cruise control that will allow the car to keep a set distance from a vehicle ahead, while also helping keep it in its lane. In addition, the package includes Bas Plus with Cross-Traffic Assist that will apply the brakes if a vehicle or pedestrian comes into the lane, plus thereís a full Pre-Safe Brake system with autonomous emergency braking.

Mercedes will give the new E-Class its world premiere at the Detroit Auto Show in January.
See more photos of the 2014 Mercedes E-Class at AutoGuide.com
AutoGuide.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2010
Will there be E 300 petrol, and wich engine will it have?
Will it be like current one with 3.5 V6 252 hp, or will they go the 2.0 T way for it too with some 250 hp.
I think that 2.0 T would be much better choice, after all BMWs 528i (2.0 T, 245 hp) turns out to be great sucses, in Europe at least...
AndyBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2012
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz 250d
There is much change, in this new Class E personally i love these new headlights.
Malachite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
~BANNED~

Date registered: Dec 2012
But i personally liked this Four-Eyes model.
shofurlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Sep 2012
Vehicle: 2000 Merc. E320 4matic Wagon 210.282 Desert Silver
4matic diesel? I hope the diesel model isn't a pooch.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 05 500
It looks to me like MB and BMW just seem to be copying each other - it's that darn ugly air scoop on the front bumper and the rear mounted SOS (or whatever) antennae that comes to mind. MB had a perfectly good antenna that couldn't stand car washes, but for whatever reason they switched to a Bimmer style sharktail antenna which looks hideous. Now they have air scoops that look like a Bimmer X type or that darn ugly Porsche Cayenne front end. OK, I'll stop here.

The 4 light scheme really differentiated the E class to a point where a lot of others from Lexus to Kia copied that setup. I would have loved that they kept the 4-light setup, but we have to move on, realistically.
Darkmann is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz News & Polls > Mercedes-Benz News