Mercedes-Benz Forum

Mercedes-Benz Forum (http://www.benzworld.org/forums/)
-   Mercedes-Benz News (http://www.benzworld.org/forums/mercedes-benz-news/)
-   -   2025 Mercedes G-Class Previewed in Ener-G-Force Concept (http://www.benzworld.org/forums/mercedes-benz-news/1683627-2025-mercedes-g-class-previewed-ener.html)

AutoGuide.com 11-16-2012 03:38 AM

2025 Mercedes G-Class Previewed in Ener-G-Force Concept

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/w...ce-Concept.jpg

Quote:

As part of the LA Auto Show Design Challenge, Mercedes-Benz has developed what it’s calling the Ener-G-Force concept, which gives us a preview at what a future G-Class model could look like.

The Ener-G-Force will make its debut at the 2012 LA Auto Show. Gorden Wagener, Director of Design at Mercedes-Benz Cars says, “The Ener-G-Force is the vision of an off-roader that, while reflecting tomorrow’s adventures, also invokes the genes of the Mercedes-Benz off-road icon, the G-Class. Modern and cool, it could also be a clue about a new beginning for the off-road design idiom of Mercedes-Benz”.

With this year’s design challenge calling for the ultimate law enforcement vehicle of 2025, Mercedes designers sketched that car, and the took it a step further with this civilian rendition of what the police machine could look like.

Using hydrogen fuel cells and a “hydro-tech converter” where “natural and renewable resources are converted into hydrogen for operating the fuel cells” the Ener-G-Force offers an emission free range of 500 miles an features independent electric motors in each wheel. A “Terra-Scan” topography scanner then scans the road ahead to determine spring and damper rates.

Be sure to check back for updates when AutoGuide heads to the 2012 LA Auto Show for live coverage of the event.
See more photos of the Ener-G-Force Concept at AutoGuide.com

kam2kam 11-28-2012 06:10 PM

Not a bad design as a line of its own but in NO WAY to replace the legend evergreen "G" .
Personally I think it will be a disaster if Merc was to even think about any modification to the G design.

mike vee 11-29-2012 07:38 AM

more like 2025 Xterra after Nissan absorbs a bankrupt Hummer.

doorplease 11-29-2012 05:54 PM

The future does not call for doors I see.

doorplease 11-29-2012 05:54 PM

That or Mercedes is pioneering liquid metal :D

magna steyr 210.282 12-02-2012 07:24 AM

I'm a big fan of the G and an enthusiast of the Toyota Landcruiser. The trends in the market started to chip away at the Landcruiser in the late 90's. They put less than ideal V8 motors in a perfect vehicle because soccer moms, and their husbands wanted to have a v8 badge on their cars. Then they introduced independent front suspension because the soccer moms wanted a smoother ride. They could have just offered them a different SUV but instead they destroyed the landcruiser and turned it into the soccer mom car.

It would be a shame if Mercedes did the same but it wouldn't surprise me. They have gone from a company that made good cars and stood behind them to a shareholder driven corporation that cares less about cars and more about the bottom line. Some of the cars they produce today are less of a vehicle than it's japanese competition and that's just plain sad.

It would be a tragedy if they discontinued the G wagon because of cost and offered this monstrosity. The tragedy would be very similar to Toyota when the introduced the FJ cruiser. The FJ is the biggest piece of dung in the Toyota SUV lineup. Sadly, you are now better off buying a Forerunner than a real Landcruiser. The new landcruiser is a nice soccer mom luxury SUV that would get schooled by a subaru wagon as soon as it got off the pavement. Really sad. People think that the FJ is a landcruiser. HA! It's a look at me truck. Might be dependable but you sure as hell can't run it on trails around here.

Mercedes, please don't turn the G wagon into a FJ cruiser. You would loose as many highline customers as Porsche did when they went liquid cooled.

Amen.

shofurlimo 12-30-2012 09:13 PM

The most beautiful thing about this G- class is the headlamp stylish.

barnlark 01-03-2013 04:55 AM

I like it all. Very beefy w/ very cool headlights. I can hear those meaty tires scare the crap out of Snobbaru drivers as it comes up on them already. I wouldn't even mind crawling in through the rear doors (or tail gate) to yell at the kids on the way to the driver's seat. Front doors are overrated. :D

SLSKing 03-11-2013 04:54 AM

Love these concepts - a good point about no doors! :)

magna steyr 210.282 03-11-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnlark (Post 5587932)
I like it all. Very beefy w/ very cool headlights. I can hear those meaty tires scare the crap out of Snobbaru drivers as it comes up on them already. I wouldn't even mind crawling in through the rear doors (or tail gate) to yell at the kids on the way to the driver's seat. Front doors are overrated. :D

Just be careful doing that in Montana! Ranchers, hunters and red necks run Snob a roos! They beat the hell out of them in the worst possible conditions. Where I grew up in the Mid-West, the only people with subaru wagons were lesbians and liberals. I guess they knew something we didn't.

Interesting to hear you have snobby people running subaru over there.