Hertz to Offer Mercedes Rental Vehicles as Part of Prestige Collection - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-02-2009, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: Mercedes c350
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Hertz to Offer Mercedes Rental Vehicles as Part of Prestige Collection

For several years now Hertz has offered a 'Prestige Collection' of high-end vehicles to rent including models from brands like Lincoln and Cadillac. The rental car company has now decided to take it up a notch by offering two vehicles from those German luxury experts at Mercedes-Benz.

Both the new C-Class and GLK350 will joint the Prestige Collection alongside models from Audi, Infiniti, Lincoln, Cadillac and Volvo.

The C-Class model to be offered is the C300 (sorry, no C63 here) with a 228hp V6 engine, 17-inch wheels and a 7-speed automatic transmission. The GLK350 model is one of the company's latest products and features a 268hp 3.5-liter V6 and as an entry-level luxury crossover offers plenty of space for passengers and luggage.

"The Prestige Collection continues to be a popular choice among our customers," said Joseph Nothwang, President of Vehicle Rental and Leasing. "The C-Class and GLK350 fit wonderfully into the Collection providing customers seeking an exciting driving experience with an edgy sedan or a perfect-sized SUV for family road trips."

Hertz offers the Prestige Collection in 50 U.S. locations as well as in 25 locations in the UK, France, Germany, Ireland, Switzerland and Australia.

More: Hertz to Offer Mercedes Rental Vehicles as Part of Prestige Collection on AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 05:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jun 2008
Vehicle: '96 SL500, Triple Black
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I saw this in a magazine today. I am not sure how I feel about it and think it's strange I even had reservations while reading the ad.

This makes me think Ford Taurus saturating the market in used car sales. Realizing Hertz wont have that number of MB units to sell , it's just where my thoughts go when I hear rental at a mainstream rental company.

Do you think this is good, bad or indifferent for the Mercedes Benz brand?

A poll might be kind of interesting. I vote not good for the brand.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: Nov 2007
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I think it's okay. I don't expect the quantities sold to Hertz to significantly impact the supply of used Mercedes cars.

The Ford Taurus was another story with thousands of cars sold for little or no profit.

2013 Mercedes C250 Sport package PLUS steel gray metallic/black
2007 Lexus IS350 Sport package smoky granite mica/gray (+F-Sport, etc.)
2010 Honda Civic GX (CNG) white/tan
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 03:27 PM
BenzWorld Newbie
Date registered: Nov 2009
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the group You will love it here We all love photos and would love to see your fur crew
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz News & Polls > Mercedes-Benz News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: