Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Is the lil dog bluffing?

Is Toto Bluffing?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/driver-...125147940.html

Text from article:

Mercedes head of motorsport Toto Wolff has warned the team may consider future changes to their driver line-up should the apparent animosity between Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg escalate.

The last two Formula One seasons have been dominated by Mercedes, who have claimed successive constructors' championships by huge margins.

Hamilton beat team-mate Rosberg to the drivers' title in 2014 and 2015, but the relationship between the two has become increasingly strained amid a series of public fall-outs.

Wolff told motorsport.com: "We struggle sometimes in winning races on Sunday and having always one [driver] upset. And this spills over into the team. It is something that needs to stop.

"We took the decision of having two evenly matched drivers in order to make the team progress faster and better. It was a very conscious decision three years ago.

"Going forward, we will consider if it is the best set-up for the team. Personality and character within the team is a crucial ingredient for the team success.

"If we feel that it is not aligned with the general consensus, spirit and philosophy within the team, we might consider that when we take a decision, in terms of the driver line-up going forward.

"I think it is important to have talented and fast drivers in the car. But we want to work with nice guys."

Wolff cited the relationship between Hamilton and Rosberg as a primary concern for Mercedes.

"I feel that the team is stronger than ever. We are having huge unity within the team, but the difficult relationship of the drivers is one of our weaknesses. And that is not good," he added.

"If I were to analyse what are the biggest strengths and the biggest weakness of the team, I would say the biggest strength is the quality and the characters of the personalities within the team.

"The biggest weakness is the dynamic of the relationship between the drivers - and sometimes between the drivers and the team."

Find a Solution!

TankNoir Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 03:08 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: 2001 CL500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I would keep the guy, that had the last three pole positions....ha, ha,....
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Jan 2006
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgary View Post
I would keep the guy, that had the last three pole positions....ha, ha,....

Hahahaa yeah you would you Rosberg apologist you

I'll tell you what...you take the three pole positions and I'll take the three championships

Find a Solution!

TankNoir Build Thread
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 06:47 PM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
With a designated number one driver at Mercedes the season would have been an even bigger snooze fest.

Tensions between closely matched and equal status drivers within the same team go back to the beginning of F1, and will either see one or both drivers raise their game, make more mistakes, or sometimes fold under pressure.
With a designated number one plus number two support driver can the formation of camps around each driver within the same team be minimized.
Chasing the favorites while being last seasons underdogs like Ferrari or Williams seems to forments unity.
If a team is as dominant as Mercedes all bets are off. Remember Red Bull with Weber and Vettel....
With several more closely matched teams and into a new partial season, usually the driver with the better chance i.e. more points will receive more support equal to number one status, while the driver substantially behind in points will be relegated to a supporting role.

Mercedes will not enjoy this level of superiority forever.
Rosbergs contract runs to the end of 2o16, Hamiltons to 17.

If Rosberg does not win the championship in 16, he needs to change teams anyhow.

Drivers at that level have a hard accepting to be slower, and we hear about Rosbergs gust of wind, or Hamiltons the car has changed.....

Kudos to Mercedes to let their drivers race within reason. As the past has shown, a dominant Ferrari team would have given their drivers far less freedom imo.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 06:23 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Dec 2015
Vehicle: 1986 2.3-16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In my opinion what he means is that he regrets having taken the decision to have equal drivers within the team. Obviously the numbers show that Hamilton has the upper hand however in equal cars I think that Rosberg has a chance. Having said that, imagine two persons having equal opportunities to win a championship, competition is on! And when it comes to driving or race car drivers it boils in them. So the main problem is pride, none of the two are able to suck it up and OBVIOUSLY that creates bad vibes in the team and Obviously you dont want that as an owner. Wolff must be thinking that they might ram into each other out of frustration or something, and if that happens what would an investor like him do? FLIP! So no he's not bluffing, probably a webber vettel saga is what he wants or maybe robots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in