5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Teutone 
#1 ·
Niiiiice

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
MERCEDES AMG GTS AND C63S ON DUTY THIS SEASON

Mercedes AMG GTS and C63S on duty this season | Grand Prix 247

Press Release: Baptism of fire on the race track: The GT S and the C 63 S – the new high-performance cars from Mercedes-AMG – provide for maximum safety in the 2015 FIA Formula One World Championship.

At the first Grand Prix in Melbourne, Australia (12 to 15 March 2015) the GT S will debut on the race track as the Official Safety Car of the FIA Formula One World Championship.

As the Official Medical Car of the FIA Formula One World Championship, the C 63 S Estate will be on hand to provide fast emergency medical care. Mercedes-AMG has been active continuously at the pinnacle of motorsport since 1996.

The new GT S is the perfect vehicle to guide the Formula 1 field safely around the track when bad weather conditions or accidents necessitate deployment of the Safety Car. The second sports car developed independently by Mercedes-AMG boasts ideal credentials for this tough job in the premiere motorsport competition.

The front mid-engine concept with transaxle, the V8 biturbo engine with dry sump lubrication, the dual clutch transmission and the cutting-edge sports suspension with aluminium double-wishbone axles provide the basis for fast laps on the race circuit.

Excellent driving dynamics are in the DNA of the Mercedes-AMG GT S: the intelligent aluminium lightweight design guarantees not only a low vehicle weight but also a low centre of gravity for the vehicle and an advantageous weight distribution of 47 to 53 percent between front and rear axle.

Bernd Mayländer (GER, age 43), driver of the Official Safety Car of the FIA Formula One World Championship™ since 2000, notes: “The gull-wing SLS AMG was my official car in Formula 1 for five years. Now I’m looking forward to the new Mercedes-AMG GT S, which I have been fortunate enough to get to know during its development phase.”

“The new AMG sports car won me over immediately with its high-calibre race track performance.” The former DTM driver also works as an instructor for the AMG Driving Academy and as a Mercedes-Benz brand ambassador at selected events,” added Mayländer .

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.