post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2007
Vehicle: 2003 ML500
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ron Dennis VS RBR

I dont know about you but I am getting the feeling that Ron Dennis is getting fed up with RBR. The FIA finds RBR kind of guilty for exceeding fuel flow in the Austrailian Gp but has no punishment for them except to pay all court costs. I get the feeling they AND Ferarri are the entitled ones in there own eyes and the eyes of the FIA. Ron Dennis is speaking out about the lack of consequence over ignoring the rule book...again. Now he has issues with RBR over Dan Fallows there head aerodynamicist. I love that Dennis is standing up to RBR. I said it before and I will say it again. It is good to have Ron Dennis back.

McLaren are pressing ahead with legal action against Red Bull Racing after the latter signed head of aero Dan Fallows.

Earlier this month Red Bull announced that Fallows, who had previously left the team to join McLaren, would be returning as their head of aerodynamics.

Almost immediately McLaren disputed the appointment.

McLaren racing director Eric Boullier stated: "Dan Fallows has a legally binding contract with McLaren and the matter is now in the hands of our lawyers."

And those lawyers are now pressing ahead with High Court action.

According to McLaren group chief executive Ron Dennis, Fallows signed a legally-binding contract with the Woking team only to pull a U-turn and head to Red Bull.

"To be honest that's completely unacceptable to us," Dennis told Autosport.

"Just days before Fallows' McLaren start date - and despite having signed a legally-binding contract with McLaren, being on gardening leave from Red Bull, and moving to a new home near Woking - he suddenly informed us that he no longer wanted to work for us.

"The problem was, he had no legal basis on which to make that U-turn because he'd already formally accepted, and contracted himself to, our offer of employment."

He added: "Sadly, it's now likely that McLaren will have no alternative other than to pursue a High Court action against Red Bull, which will ask very serious questions as to that team's integrity and sense of fair play."

The Brit also claimed that McLaren's attempts to contact Fallows prior to the Red Bull announcement had been "met with stony silence."

McLaren taking Red Bull to court | Planet F1 | Formula One News

Last edited by thesilverarrow; 04-20-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 12:06 AM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Seeing how his cars are currently performing, Ron Dennis probably hates most of the teams in equal measure.

How motivated can a employee be, who doesn't want to work for you, and how smart would it be?
Legally binding contracts have been broken in F1 for ages.
Perhaps Red Bull will be made to pay a fine, or we'll either see Dan Fallows on the longest (paid) gardening leave seen, akin to a remake of "The Prisoner."
Attached Images

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2007
Vehicle: 2003 ML500
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I have not heard that Dan Fallows does not like Dennis or McLaren I believe it is more like Horner does not want RBR tech to leave Milton Keynes for Surrey, and I dont blame them for trying to keep Fallows. We all know how that goes but this time Dennis bought the tech fair and square.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 07:22 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: 2001 CL500
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
Seeing how his cars are currently performing, Ron Dennis probably hates most of the teams in equal measure.

How motivated can a employee be, who doesn't want to work for you, and how smart would it be?
Legally binding contracts have been broken in F1 for ages.
Perhaps Red Bull will be made to pay a fine, or we'll either see Dan Fallows on the longest (paid) gardening leave seen, akin to a remake of "The Prisoner."
So who did control the village in "The Prisoner"?? I did like Patrick McGoohan better as the Secret Agent AKA Danger Man.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-21-2014, 11:10 PM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgary View Post
So who did control the village in "The Prisoner"?? I did like Patrick McGoohan better as the Secret Agent AKA Danger Man.
Number One of course...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in