Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Vettel celebrates with team at Suzuka bar

F1 champion Vettel celebrates his way - with karaoke - FRANCE 24

F1 champion Vettel celebrates his way - with karaoke
By blade
Created 10/10/2011 - 11:53

World champion Sebastian Vettel celebrated sealing his second title with a trip to a Japanese karaoke bar in Suzuka. The double champion treated his team-mates to renditions of the Beatles hit Yellow Submarine and Frank Sinatra's classic My Way.

Vettel, 24, who became the youngest driver to win two championships in a row at Japan's Suzuka circuit, admitted his team was "flying a little bit" as they toasted their success.

"Yesterday night we were flying a little bit but I think that's fine," the Red Bull ace told a sponsor's event in Yokohama on Monday. "Can't have too much because this week we'll go straight to Korea.

"We got four more races in which we want to fight for victory and I'll get the best we can, and after that we'll focus on next year. But the level of the team is incredible."

Vettel needed only one point to seal the championship with four races remaining, and he did it easily by finishing third behind McLaren's Jenson Button and Fernando Alonso of Ferrari.

He became Formula One's ninth consecutive champion, joining the likes of Juan Manuel Fangio, Ayrton Senna and German compatriot Michael Schumacher.

"You see all these double champions and big names, the names that I know for a long, long time," Vettel said.

"Because I do like the history of Formula One, it's a weird feeling. It's difficult to understand, yes, now you're part of them."

"When you're by yourself, with your face in a mirrow and knowing that you can do it, it's something very special. Seeing yourself in a way close to these guys is definitely something outstanding," Vettel added.

"Sometimes you might not have made the right decisions and you might not have been the fairest guy and then you struggled to face yourself to be happy with what you see."

But he said: "Looking into the mirror, knowing that we've done it our way, the way we found our own way, and coming out on top, our feeling is in many ways unbeatable."

Red Bull boss Christian Horner hailed the young champion, even after sitting through his version of "Yellow Submarine" along with "My Way" at the Irish pub in rural Suzuka.

"What he has managed to achieve this year with the consistency he managed to maintain since the first race in Melbourne is absolutely phenomenal," Horner said. "He's one of the most competitive heroes within Formula One."
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: