Karma's a bitch - Ecclestone knocked unconscious in London attack - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2010, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Karma's a bitch - Ecclestone knocked unconscious in London attack

(GMM) Bernie Ecclestone was kicked unconscious by his muggers and on Saturday was sporting a very badly bruised eye.

The 80-year-old F1 chief executive told British newspapers his minor injuries are "painful" but he is "ok" after a group of men attacked him whilst outside his office with his girlfriend in London.

"I'm feeling it now, bit painful, it was a good whacking," said Ecclestone.

"When I was on the ground I could hear Fabiana (Flosi) screaming for help and I took a kick or two in the head and went unconscious," he revealed.

"When I came to there was blood everywhere from my head wound but I was lucky.

"It was completely stupid and uncalled for. If they had confronted me and asked for everything we had, I would have handed over everything in my pockets, my wallet, anything," said Ecclestone, adding that the muggers "ripped" the earrings from his girlfriend's ears.

He said reports that the Hublot watch taken from his wrist was worth more than $300,000 is "bollocks".

Ecclestone's daughter Tamara condemned the "hideous" attack but said her dad has already returned to work.

"It takes a lot to throw my dad off," she told the Evening Standard. "I spoke to him this morning and he is in good spirits."

11/26/10 Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone suffered a head injury when muggers attacked him and escaped with jewelry worth £200,000.

11/25/10

Bernie Ecclestone (R) survived to eat his words
(GMM) Bernie Ecclestone is nursing minor injuries after muggers attacked the diminutive F1 chief executive and his girlfriend Fabiana Flosi outside his London home.
The Sun reports that the 80-year-old was rushed to hospital with a head injury after the four attackers punched and kicked him as they stole watches and jewelry at 10.30pm on Wednesday.

Photographs of the F1 chief executive returning to work on Thursday morning showed a red mark on his right hand.

A senior police source said: "There can be little doubt this was a targeted robbery because of who Mr. Ecclestone is.

"The muggers were callous and showed little regard for the victims. They need to be caught."

Earlier this month in Brazil, Ecclestone brushed off an attempted armed mugging or kidnapping involving F1's reigning world champion Jenson Button.

"They look for victims, they look for anyone who looks like a soft touch and not too bright," said the Briton in Sao Paulo.

"People who look a bit soft and simple, they will always have a go at."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 08:28 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2004 E500 Wagon, 2004 E55 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Good for him, hopefully he'll learn a lesson not to speak about anything before he's gone through a similar experience. What an idiot!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 11:49 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2005
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
I'm sure his words are ringing in his ears as well as his ears ringing from the trouncing he took. Distaste for his decisions aside, no one, especially an 80 year old, should have to defend himself against 4 younger attackers. I hope they catch the cowards.

'89 300E
'90 300CE
'93 400E
'93 500E
'00 E320
'73 Alfa GTV
'77 308GTB
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 87 300SL "Roadster" 86 420SEL "Limo" 89 420SEL The "New" Limo 87 190E 2.6 fact bodykit
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuttebenne View Post
no one, especially an 80 year old, should have to defend himself against 4 younger attackers. I hope they catch the cowards.
If I was in his situation I'd have a bounty out on the attackers!

Andrew

"That's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live forever"- Lemmy

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
(GMM) Bernie Ecclestone has proved he can turn even a violent mugging into a commercial opportunity.

The F1 chief executive was viciously punched and kicked outside F1's London headquarters late last month as a reportedly hugely-expensive watch was taken from his wrist.

A graphic photo of his battered face is now featured on a print advert for his sport's official watch sponsor, including the Ecclestone quote: "See what people will do for a Hublot."

The Nyon-based Swiss watchmaker confirmed in a statement that the photograph and quote attributed to 80-year-old Ecclestone in the advert are genuine.

7sur7.be said the adverts will debut in the Financial Times and the International Herald Tribune on Wednesday.

Indian F1 driver Karun Chandhok said the move was "classic Mr. E".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EcclestoneHublot.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	346208  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 08:37 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Sep 2010
Vehicle: CL
Wow,look at him,isnt it possible the attackers mistook him for a creature from lord of the rings?

Those who have...get more...
And those who have little...
Soon loose even that...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in