Schumacher 'deserves support' says Mercedes' Haug - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 1998 Pano SL500; 1993 SL500; 2005 ML270cdi
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
In retrospect, it's a pity that Michael didn't drive in place of the injured Massa last year! He would have then realised how far things had moved on since his retirement, and bowed out stating 'I was only filling in for Felipe'.

I'm actually quite embarrassed for him at the moment, he's being out driven by his much younger team mate Nico Rosberg, as well as many other up and coming drivers.
Blaming tyres and other technical issues after each race, just makes it even more embarrassing.
He ought to just admit that he is well past his best, and go back to being a technical advisor on the pit wall.

If he makes a podium this year, I will eat any (tasteful) hat that anyone cares to send in

No trees were harmed creating this message, however some electrons were very inconvenienced.
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 10:44 PM
CH4S Artist
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Schumacher's car designed for me - Button

Formula 1 complete - all access F1 | Formula 1 complete - all access F1

Schumacher's car designed for me - Button

Jul.28 (GMM) Jenson Button has accepted a portion of the responsibility for Michael Schumacher's lacklustre return to formula one this season.

The reigning world champion said Brawn GP, now Mercedes GP, developed the Brackley based team's 2010 car according to his preference for understeer.

But at the last minute, Button switched to McLaren, while Mercedes made plans to host Schumacher's comeback at the wheel of the W01 -- a car whose basic characteristics the seven time world champion dislikes.

"Michael likes a very pointy car," the 30-year-old Briton is quoted by Germany's Sport Bild.

"But the Mercedes understeers pretty strongly," said Button. "I was always happy with it that way."

But he is not overly apologetic, given that his McLaren move "made it possible for Michael to come back".

Button thinks the F1 world should not write Schumacher off until his performance in the 2011 car can be seen.

"He will have more influence on the development of the next car. This year (the 2010 car) was quite late for him -- the fundamental characteristics were in place long before his signature," he said.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 03:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2004 E500 Wagon, 2004 E55 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, I think Schumi knows that too well. Regardless, I still expected more from him.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: