Monaco Grand Prix: Whitmarsh fears qualifying chaos - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 09:02 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 87 300SL "Roadster" 86 420SEL "Limo" 89 420SEL The "New" Limo 87 190E 2.6 fact bodykit
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
It's a bit rich having Michael Schumacher bitch about cars being in the way while qualifiying at Monaco, after that stunt he pulled a few years ago!

Andrew

"That's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live forever"- Lemmy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 01:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2008
Vehicle: C55 AMG
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I guess I'm a 1%er. I think that the slower cars are something that the faster drivers/teams/cars have to deal with. Its all part of Monaco. I've been to Monaco and walked the track more than a few times. It is tight and there are a lot of crashes. The only thing I would want them to adjust is to give the drivers/teams (1) hour of green flag qualifying. If someone crashes then Red Flag it clear the way and start the clock.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 05:50 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: 2001 CL500
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Bobby View Post
Well, I guess I'm a 1%er. I think that the slower cars are something that the faster drivers/teams/cars have to deal with. Its all part of Monaco. I've been to Monaco and walked the track more than a few times. It is tight and there are a lot of crashes. The only thing I would want them to adjust is to give the drivers/teams (1) hour of green flag qualifying. If someone crashes then Red Flag it clear the way and start the clock.
That would be the logical way to run qualifying....but than there is Bernie and his Television contracts - I doubt, he would agree to any changes...
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Bobby View Post
+ 2

In case of multiple shunts, Tony Fernandes may come to regret his singular dissent.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
GP2 Quick Men Faster Than F1 Tailenders

F1 News - Grandprix.com
Grandprix.com
MAY 13, 2010
GP2 Quick Men Faster Than F1 Tailenders

Predictions that GP2 pacesetters would be in among the F1 times at Monte Carlo became a reality after the first session of practice for both categories in Monaco.

Earlier this month, Flavio Briatore told the Italian Autosprint magazine that he thought it would have been much better if the premier category had moved in the direction of three-car teams from the leading performers, rather than open up the grid to new, slower teams.

"When we were asking to have three cars, the Federation instead opened the doors to teams who had no budget guarantees whatsoever," Briatore said. "There are teams in F1 who are only two seconds quicker compared to GP2 teams and they are spending 60-70 million while GP2 costs three million. Something's wrong there..."

At the time Briatore spoke out, certain paddock figures muttered that on the tight Monte Carlo street circuit, it wouldn't be a surprise to find that the leading GP2 teams were quicker than the F1 tailenders, and so it proved.

Pascal Maldonado topped the first session of GP2 practice with a lap in 1:20.476, which was quicker than the first session F1 times from Virgin Racing's Lucas di Grassi (1:20.556) and HRT pair Bruno Senna (1:21.688) and Karun Chandhok (1:21.853). Furthermore, the top six in the GP2 field were all quicker than the HRTs.

Copyright 1988-2010, Inside F1, Inc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in