Hamilton the "hoon" gets busted by the Victorian Police! - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: 87 300SL "Roadster" 86 420SEL "Limo" 89 420SEL The "New" Limo 87 190E 2.6 fact bodykit
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Hamilton the "hoon" gets busted by the Victorian Police!

Well, our cops don't miss a beat. Especially when Lewis Hamilton does fishtail burnouts in front of one of our police divvy vans.

As standard policy over here his, car gets impounded for 48 hours.

Formula One ace Lewis Hamilton has car impounded under anti-hoon laws | Herald Sun

Andrew

"That's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live forever"- Lemmy

Last edited by A&L's300SL; 03-26-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 07:49 AM

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That is priceless. And Kubica burned out the clutch in his Clio yesterday. Said he wasn't used to driving a manual tranny!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 07:57 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 1981 380SL - Lorinser bodykit w/16x7 LOs - AKA "Frau Blau"(Lady Blue)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
WTF is a "hoon" ??

I can understand how this can happen. I've ran the track at mid-ohio on my bike. Even at just 120mph, you get off the track and it feels like you're crawling along and you look down and realize your doing 70 in a 35mph zone... Not real enamoring to the local police and pretty hard to explain, too.

"If you don't know what you're looking for it's kind of hard to find it!"

CCTORONTO:
Quote:
If it helps America through it's current crisis, I say go ahead! We can take it, after all we're Canadian!

Blame Canada!!
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Vehicle: 87 300SL "Roadster" 86 420SEL "Limo" 89 420SEL The "New" Limo 87 190E 2.6 fact bodykit
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit96 View Post
WTF is a "hoon" ??
Basically it's driving like a dickhead on the road.

And if it happens in front of a bunch of pissed Aussies, you get this song sung to you.

Which results in this nice view as you get taken away.

Thats what makes this hilarious. Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall when Ron Dennis gets that phone call.

Andrew

Last edited by A&L's300SL; 03-26-2010 at 08:23 AM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 08:12 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&L's300SL View Post
Basically it's driving like a dickhead on the road.

YouTube - Crime Stoppers Hoon Driving Campaign 2008
They need to put some "hoon" laws into effect here... about half the drivers on the road would have their cars towed...

CCTORONTO:
Quote:
If it helps America through it's current crisis, I say go ahead! We can take it, after all we're Canadian!

Blame Canada!!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium Member

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
They need to put some "hoon" laws into effect here... about half the drivers on the road would have their cars towed...
Thats whats happening over here!

Victoria's top 10 hoon suburbs and towns named | Herald Sun

Andrew

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 10:10 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2004 E500 Wagon, 2004 E55 AMG
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Whatever, I could care less if someone does burnouts or fish tails. They are the ones paying for tires!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 05:50 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2008
Vehicle: 1990 190E 2.3
It sounds like its getting as bad as Australia. We are a classic "nanny state", you can't do this or that or anything.
Worst thing is that most Aussies are so dumb they cannot even see it.

Drive at 5kmh over the speed limit and you're up for $240 fine, even if it is a bright sunny day and not another car on the road !!! and it get's worse. Do 30kmhs over the limit or do a small burnout and they take your car off you for 48hrs - even if you have the driving and car control capabilities of a F1 world champion !

Worst thing is that the locals have been so brainwashed by the govt. and the media that they think these ridiculous rules and regulations are normal !!!! really quite unbelievable.

The media even went to the extraordinary lengths today to find the grieving parents of a child who died in a car accident (not due to a small burnout in a brand new AMG Mercedes or excessive speed mind you, but lets not let the facts get in the way of a good story) to "prove" that Lewis Hamilton is a potential homicidial maniac !!! and.... the Aussie public believes it !!!!

Meanwhile, we don't have enough water for the 20 million of us, the roads and public transport are so crowded in the cities that it is becoming unbearable, property prices are going through the roof so none of our children will ever be able to afford to buy a house - and you know what our fantastic government is doing about it ??? Letting in record numbers of Chinese and Indian immigrants that jsut compounds all of our problems !!!! and the Aussie puiblic is not even complaining.

I know hate living in this dumb country. You Americans don't know how lucky you really are.

1990 190E 2.3 25k miles
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 06:46 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug11 View Post
It sounds like its getting as bad as Australia. We are a classic "nanny state", you can't do this or that or anything.
Worst thing is that most Aussies are so dumb they cannot even see it.

Drive at 5kmh over the speed limit and you're up for $240 fine, even if it is a bright sunny day and not another car on the road !!! and it get's worse. Do 30kmhs over the limit or do a small burnout and they take your car off you for 48hrs - even if you have the driving and car control capabilities of a F1 world champion !

Worst thing is that the locals have been so brainwashed by the govt. and the media that they think these ridiculous rules and regulations are normal !!!! really quite unbelievable.

The media even went to the extraordinary lengths today to find the grieving parents of a child who died in a car accident (not due to a small burnout in a brand new AMG Mercedes or excessive speed mind you, but lets not let the facts get in the way of a good story) to "prove" that Lewis Hamilton is a potential homicidial maniac !!! and.... the Aussie public believes it !!!!

Meanwhile, we don't have enough water for the 20 million of us, the roads and public transport are so crowded in the cities that it is becoming unbearable, property prices are going through the roof so none of our children will ever be able to afford to buy a house - and you know what our fantastic government is doing about it ??? Letting in record numbers of Chinese and Indian immigrants that jsut compounds all of our problems !!!! and the Aussie puiblic is not even complaining.

I know hate living in this dumb country. You Americans don't know how lucky you really are.
Meh.
With us it's mexicans, puerto ricans, haitians, etc.
Everyone has some sort of problem.

CCTORONTO:
Quote:

Blame Canada!!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 07:00 AM
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Quote:
Meh.
With us it's mexicans, puerto ricans, haitians, etc.
Everyone has some sort of problem.
I have absolutely no problem with this type of behavior as it brings the money in You mess em I fix em lol

ERIC.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in