Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Schumacher: I didn't expect early success

480 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Teutone 
#1 ·
F1 | Formula 1 | F1 News | F1 Live - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

Schumacher: I didn't expect early success

Eurosport - Fri, 19 Mar 11:55:00 2010
Buzz Up!

"After my comeback race, I feel extremely well," said Schumacher, who claimed earlier this week that F1 is 'easier' than it was when he last drove.

"With regards to the fitness, this race was not at all difficult for me and I was not exhausted at all. This is partly due to the fact that those tyres, in that heat, do not allow for more speed.

"All-in-all I have to say I am very, very happy and proud about how it went, considering I was completely out for three years and did not have a lot of driving for preparation.

"It would be strange to assume that I would come in, sit in the car and drive circles around the others - I, for my part, did not assume that in any case.

"What was nice was that I was very calm and relaxed prior to the race, as I was in former years. The only thing I did not manage to do this time was to sleep shortly before the start - the photos and the drivers' parade simply took too much time. I only came back to the garage very late, and we had to start the preparations to the race immediately."
Crash.net / Eurosport

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.