Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Rosberg expects one Mercedes on Melbourne podium

456 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  EvoGuy 
#1 ·
(GMM) Nico Rosberg does not expect both Mercedes drivers to be podium contenders at next week's Australian grand prix.

The 24-year-old German was faster than his famous teammate Michael Schumacher all weekend in Bahrain, and in the race they duly finished in fifth and sixth places.

Referring to the next stop of the calendar in Melbourne, Rosberg told Bild newspaper: "The track is better suited to us than Bahrain.

"We want our first podium," he added. "I do not think that we will both be on the podium, but one of us could do it."

Rosberg is quietly delighted at being able to outpace Schumacher's sister car in Bahrain, although it must be noted that it was the 41-year-old's first grand prix in more than three years.

"I am happy that I came to the finish line ahead of Michael," said the former Williams driver, who like Schumacher also made his Mercedes race debut at Sakhir.

"This is a super-duel between us that will get even tougher. It is important to beat your teammate because he's driving the same car as you," added Rosberg.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.