Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 936 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
F1: Schumi ‘Recharged’ As Bahrain Nears

FORMULA-ONE - F1: Schumi ‘Recharged’ As Bahrain Nears - SPEEDtv.com

Written by: Adam Cooper NASCAR News, F1 News, and Racing News on SPEED - SPEEDtv.com
Balen (BEL)

Michael Schumacher says that he's like a 'child looking forward to Christmas' as his comeback in Bahrain approaches.

In a Mercedes statement he reiterated the fact that updates due on the silver car for Bahrain could start tip the balance in the team's favor.

"Finally the season will start!," he said. "I feel like a child looking forward to Christmas. The decision to make my comeback feels like a long time ago now and I can hardly wait for the season to get underway in Bahrain. It's funny to think that I will be competing in Formula One again when just a few months ago, I would have declined the opportunity categorically.

"But sometimes things change and the right circumstances come together. I feel fresher than I have for many years. I am perfectly prepared physically and most importantly, my energy is back completely. When I retired from racing in 2006, my batteries were simply empty. Now they are totally recharged and I am ready for the challenge. It is the competition at the highest level that only Formula One offers which has provided the temptation for me.

"It is always difficult to predict the form in pre-season testing, this year more than ever, but the final test in Barcelona proved to us that we should be competitive. We know that we will have more new parts in Bahrain which should bring extra performance to the car. It's important to be in the leading group from the start of the season and I am confident that we will be there."

Nico Rosberg confirmed that hopes are resting on the Bahrain upgrades: “We did have some concerns that we were not able to find the right direction to extract the maximum potential from the car but by working hard, we were able to find our way and ended testing on a high. We also have a good upgrade coming for Bahrain which should develop the car further and so I am quite optimistic that we will do well. Bahrain is a track which I really enjoy so it should be a good start to the season all in all.”

Meanwhile Ross Brawn admits that there's still some work to do, but is otherwise happy with progress.

had a strong pre-season testing program with the MGP W01,” said the Merc technical boss, “but we are not quite reached the level of preparation that we would have liked prior to Bahrain. The car shows promise and we have a strong development program planned for the season but there is a lot of hard work ahead to ensure that we will be in the fight for the title.

"I am very pleased with how our new drivers Michael and Nico have settled into the team and developed a close working relationship. They have really pushed the development of the car throughout testing and they will push each other to achieve better results on the racetrack.

"This season should be a fantastic one for the fans with so many talented drivers competing and what is likely to be a very close fight for the title between the top teams and that can only be good for our sport."

That's certainly what everyone is hoping. A week from today we'll find out a little more...
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 06:19 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2004 E500 Wagon, 2004 E55 AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking forward to see the Silver Arrows on the front row!
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: